1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you listening to?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Hey! Couldn't find such a topic (maybe looked for it too lazy, idk ;d), so I decided to make one. Music is big part of our lives. We just have to listen to some good tunes through tougher times, tougher and darker days. It takes us through like nothing else, man. So let's share whatever you guys are listening to. I'm a huge music lover so I'd like to hear what you guys listen to. Just post your song below. ;)

I'll start.

This is some positive, nice music I just found. Yesterday I was mining through YT searchin' some japanese 80s kind of stuff. It's uplifting, positive and chill music.

Here ya go.

IOGD likes this.
  2. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Enulv likes this.
  3. IOGD

IOGD Fapstronaut

Great thread idea! Music is friggin amazing. One of my favourite artists at the moment is Grant, and this is one of his best songs:

As a bonus, here's a pump-up motivational track for the NoFap journey:

Can't wait to listen to everyone else's songs :)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    Enulv likes this.
  4. Handzfree

Handzfree Distinguished Fapstronaut

Hey Bragi!!

Noriki is awesome. I love it. For you my friend, Check out the Rippingtons - very simliar to Noriki! Also check out Spyro Gyra.

Let me know what you think!
    HF

Enulv likes this.
  5. I'll check them out!

Now I'm vibing to this tho.

6. I gave a listen to couple of their tracks. I don't know what to say. I don't dislike them, but I don't know about liking them. For me... It just seems too peaceful, even if there is similarity between them and Noriki. I don't know, maybe Noriki's tracks had some more energy in them I guess. It's strange cause I've listened to a lots of chill tracks and loved them, but this one is on question mark. Not bad of course, but maybe guitar makes me sleepy or I'm just not in the mood.
    Sure thing, I can't yet judge them cause I haven't listened to very much songs. Gave a listen to just like 4 tracks, but that's the impression about them. Now listening to Spyro Gyra and you know? I like them more! Gives a rush of positivity, hope, freedom feeling and all that stuff. Of course I will get deeper with these both guys, but if you ask me who left best first impression - sure thing it's Spyro Gyra.
    Also, one thing I don't really enjoy so much in music is saxophone. Of course, I love tracks like Careless Whisper, right, but I guess it's just originality of sound or just really really it has to be one of a kind sound so I could fall in love. But tbh, Spyro Gyra's Morning Dance has quite good saxo on it.
    Also wanted to add, that yeah, I rather like really energetic, upbeat and just sunny tipe of jazz than some coffee jazz, which is just boring to my ears :D

Handzfree likes this.
  7. Oh wow, this is a journey :)

Handzfree likes this.
  8. Handzfree

Try George Benson - Breezin

Enulv likes this.
  9. Dude, that was actually something really chill/energetic in the same time. Thanks man! I'd love to hear more suggestions from you.

Right now vibing to this joint here:

10. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

Parov Stellar ^

11. Just got my new audio system. Shit, I feel great for my neighbors, since now they can enjoy good music even louder and with cleaner sound. Much love.

12. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.

Edit: and since the quote system doesn't show media, this was to the Led Zeppelin's When The Levee Breaks

Enulv likes this.
  13. FreakoWeirdo

FreakoWeirdo Fapstronaut

Lately, I loved to listen to Queen and GnR. My dad often to play that music when I was a little boy :D.

But here is my playlist for me to take time from the specific situation or condition:
    NOTE: It's just a guitar instrumental. Some are taken from Live performance or cover versions.
    - Joe Satriani
    - Eric Jhonson
    - Andy James
    - Jack Thammarat
    - Mateus Asato

YouTube Playlist - Click

PS: Please add some recommendations too! I'd like to hear your best!

Enulv likes this.
  14. Handzfree

Hey Bragi - try out Stanley Clark - The Dancer

15. olsen

olsen Fapstronaut

I just adore Queen

Enulv and IOGD like this.
  16. Hey man, thanks for another suggestion. Gave it a listen but didn't like it. I don't yet understand what elements exactly in music really make me love the song. It's so hard to understand, since music I like is versatile at some points. But keep on suggesting some good old stuff!