1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Alpha male beta male

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by MikeyRamirez, Dec 13, 2019.

1. MikeyRamirez

MikeyRamirez Fapstronaut

How does one get to know. If one is alpha or beta. What is the criteria and symptoms. Are all the gays beta males? I have a feeling that I am beta male. And I have been born to serve the alphas.

2. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

megaman85 likes this.
  3. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

Who cares? Just be the best you that you can be, don't worry at all about how you are labelled.

4. johnmarston2001

johnmarston2001 New Fapstronaut

Alpha males are confident, proud, strong leaders and independent, by you asking in the first place you should already know the answer to that question.

[​IMG]

alpha.buddy likes this.
  5. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

"Alpha males" are people who live out of the opinions of others and pretend they don't. "Beta males" is a derogatory term "Alpha males" use to make others feel inferior to them in a pathetic atempt to boost their confidence.

6. What do you want to be in life? Figure that out first ---> then pursue it. I personally have never gotten any use out of those terms.

Sounds like you should start reading some Red-pill/MGTOW literature, because they tend to talk about those terms incessantly.

lolos, Deleted Account and megaman85 like this.
  7. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I think drinking piss is more healthy than red-pill/mgtow.

8. Yeah, they try to hide behind the "it's just about self-improvement" meme, but you don't need any of those ideologies to improve yourself. You can just simply improve yourself.

Deleted Account and onceaking like this.
  9. The whole alpha-beta theory was taken from a book about wolves in captivity, and has been debunked. Cooperation and a trust are the drivers of human society, not the biggest/strongest taking what they want by brute force. Some people are better leaders than others, but even great leaders often have people just as talented working behind the scenes. Often these roles are filled by people who do not like being the spotlight. Every relationship has sort of power dynamic, but the balance of power isn't dictated by a person's "alpha" or "beta" status, it is determined by their societal role.

10. Hey megaman85 can you arm blast me some sources?

megaman85 likes this.
  11. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Dude, it is the X Buster.

megaman85 likes this.
  12. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...oct/10/do-alpha-males-even-exist-donald-trump

I think it's dumb that they made this article as a part of the campaing against Trump (I don't agree with him on almost anything, but fucking come on) but as far as I'm concerned the science backs this up. There's no proof of human alphas. Humans aren't a part of a small pack with one clear hierarchy. Every one of us is a part of multiple social hierarchies and unless you happen to be the dictator of you'r country, you don't have even the slightest chance of being an universal alpha. Idk if there used to be human alphas on less civilized ages, but it's pretty clear that nowadays things just don't work that way.

In addition to that most people who call themselves alphas are just insecure people who are trying to feel better about themselves by pretending to be somehow better than they are and by putting other people down.

If you want to be a respected and liked person who people like following, get a good self esteem and some social skills. Figure out what you want from your life and what kind of a person you wish to be and go for it. This includes morals, life goals etc. Social skills can also be important, but you should always remember that you need to put yourself and your values before what is socially acceptable or more beneficial. I think one should determine their behaviour by following these steps:
    1. What goes best with your values? What do you think is morally right?
    2. What is in the best accordance to your personality and what you want to do? If this contradicts your values, you should reconsider your lifechoices.
    3. What is the most socially acceptable thing to do or the most socially acceptable way to do it? If this contradicts either of the above steps, forget about it and move on. Always put your values and personal life choices first.

Although if your values or personality contradict heavily those of other people in your community, you might not be very popular. You can try to challenge your own values in favor of the community's values, but if that's just not your thing, don't just mindlessly subdue to someone else's values.

megaman85 likes this.
  13. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

It's simple really - on NoFap alpha males don't use the correct grammar when posting here and betas do. I'm beta and proud of that fact since I want people to understand what I'm saying.

+TenPercent likes this.
  14. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

No!!! Betas do not serve alphas! They ignore them because alphas are stupid fools!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  15. I don't think that alpha-beta is a completely defunct concept. Humans are social animals that live in heirachies, with "alpha" figures which reside at the top.

However, there are no universal alphas. The jock who is captain of the football team might be a complete "beta" in science class. To claim that someone is always alpha misses the point that we deal with many different heirachies in our lives.

But yes, I'd bet that women are more attracted to guys who are alphas in most heirachies in day-to-day life.

One of the hallmarks of being a mature human being is knowing when to step back and let others who are more competent than you take charge. Sometimes you have to be a beta, and that's OK.

16. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

The social structure of humans is rather more complex than pack animals, although it is fun to think about humanity in such blunt terms sometimes, the subtle aspects of human society means any conclusions you come to won't be that useful.

For a start there are other, better, indicators of success than being 'leader of the pack'. Money, for example. And, once you're out of college, most men would rather have the love of one loyal woman than the distant admiration of a group. Same thing with friends.

Being an 'alpha' can be useful at the workplace. But remember it's a mask, play your role at work each day if you need to, but remember to take it off when you spend time with your family and friends.

17. Be happy to! The articles are a lot of reading though... For a quick synopsis, here's an Adam Ruins Everything episode on Alpha Males:

Next is a paper that explains how wolf packs in the wild act as family units, with the "alphas" being the parents. Dominance contests between other wolves are rare.
    https://www.wolf.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/267alphastatus_english.pdf

Here's a second article debunking the Alpha Male in general:
    https://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/the_myth_of_the_alpha_male

18. Yep ;) This is Mega Man X.

19. fedmom

fedmom Fapstronaut

Try telling that to men who have been ruined because of the "famliy" courts.