1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Haha. Must be due to a glitch in the helmet circuitry. All I know is that when I hear JEJ say "THIS.... IS CNN" I think of Darth Vader saying it.

Oh.. and here is Darth Vader learning the alphabet.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  2. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

Checking in! hope everyone is doing well.

Stay strong and God bless you all.

persona2903 and artifact like this.
  3. Paf-On

Paf-On Fapstronaut

artifact and persona2903 like this.
  4. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Good plan @Timber !

5. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

God bless you too @emanuel_free !!

emanuel_free likes this.
  6. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Thank you @jcforreal !!
    Romans 6 (vs. 1, 2, 11, 14) is extraordinarily clear and profound:
    "What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? ... In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus .... For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace"
    The law always underlines sin and makes us see how bad and unable we are to meet God's high standards.
    A true and spiritual understanding of grace must end sin and make us truly free.
    Grace is the power of Christ to overcome my evils.
    God help us to grow in this grace of life for us!

Deleted Account and emanuel_free like this.
  7. Wolf2019

Wolf2019 Fapstronaut

Yes I've tried this in the past, and maybe should again. To me it feels like a very disappointing second-best, so much so that it doesn't seem like a victory. I need to change my thinking about that. But I also found it was actually rather difficult to get aroused without P. I think what is going on is more of a need for emotional connection than just a physical release. I want to feel somehow connected with another male and feel noticed and valued by him and absorb some of his masculinity--particularly the quality of self-confidence. I guess pictures and videos give me some kind of a vicarious sense of connection with the guy in the image. It is weird, I know. I think it would help if I could develop some meaningful male friendships but this has been something I've had great difficulty finding.

8. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

The following phrases are attributed to Thomas A. Edison, and revalue the idea of trying something until you can achieve it!
    • As an inventor, Edison made 1,000 unsuccessful attempts at inventing the light bulb. When a reporter asked, "How did it feel to fail 1,000 times?" Edison replied, "I didn’t fail 1,000 times. The light bulb was an invention with 1,000 steps."
    • "I have not failed. I've just found 1,000 ways that won't work."
    I like this Bible's verse:
    "for though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again,
    but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes." Proverbs 24:16 (NIV)
    The problem is to be satisfied with the fall, is to give up to the point of embracing misfortune.
    The noble person admits his mistake, gets back up, and tries again by all means not to fall again!
    A special encouragement to everyone in their attempts!

Circleinthesquare and artifact like this.
  9. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Wrong group, pal! Get out :)

Also, happy to see you were not impacted by the chaser effect!

artifact likes this.
  10. I like your Edison quotes. Giving up and not caring anymore is maybe the only way to truly fail. I've been trying to get over this addiction for almost 10 years and this is by far the furthest I've gotten. There have been some difficult days over the past few weeks which have reminded me how much further I still have to go, and how vulnerable I still am.

The past is officially over and we all know it, so maybe give up on that but don't give up on the present or the future. Gotta keep trying. Artifact has used the word "practice" before. I like that a lot. Keep trying and keep practicing.

11. Cash to Quit

Cash to Quit Fapstronaut

I have been watching 2 and half men, cant believe the amount of sexual drive charlie and alan have in their 40s. Is that even possible?

12. parad0x

parad0x Fapstronaut

Oops my bad lol

13. WilBil99

WilBil99 Fapstronaut

Checking in. Tried to reset my counter to 3 weeks ago when I edged the day away but because I’m not a millennial, I couldn’t figure it out
    Good weekend to report.

Circleinthesquare and artifact like this.
  14. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

To those in this group who are constantly throwing around Christian scripture quotes-- Do you think the rest of us are damned who were never raised in this faith? I mean Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Atheists, etc. You are quite exclusive. The rest of us don't seem to have a chance. I was not raised in the Christian tradition and was never taught to accept Jesus Christ as my savior. And guess what, I don't. I have a deep respect for him though, in the same sense that I have a deep respect for Gandhi, Mandela, Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King. But he is not my savior. Am I going to hell? The rest of my family too? Are we sinning for not accepting him and not defaulting to the specific teachings you constantly quote from your faith? It would be nice if you kept an open mind while posting in this group. There are specific Christian groups on NoFap where you can post this kind of stuff.

Going back to persona's point, but with an all-inclusive cultural reference.. 48412f768e87d95560500e3169caa450.jpg :

Rocky Balboa. You can't beat that with a bat.

Timber likes this.
  15. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Totally understand. It makes perfect sense. Yet, I think you could have the same kind of vicarious sense of connection by only running imagery within your head. And if this comes after some period of PMO abstention (which only would need to be longer than you normally would wait to PMO- but that being said, the longer the better) it would work. You would become more sensitized to that kind of thing. Give it a chance. Next time you know you're gonna PMO, you have your phone out, you know it's gonna happen... just get rid of the phone and go at it without it. It's a plan B, which is better than going directly from plan A to plan C - abstention to total relapse.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Wolf2019 likes this.
  16. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Got to a week and reset... what a waste. Ah well. Forward!

Wife has health issues right now so it’s going to be hard more for a while. I’ll see what that’s all about lol.

17. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

You reset after edging?

I edged for about half a minute last week... no P. Just M. Not sure if it’s called edging. There was no feeling in my penis. Should I reset, you think?

18. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

You’re raising lots of good points and I love it!

But, there are a lot of Christian folks here and we get fucking dogmatic sometimes.

I have been talking too much here and maybe I should shut up. But I will very humbly suggest this: There’s so much beauty and so much to be inspired by in this world. Beauty saves you. Desire to be better saves you. Self-sacrificial love saves you. Connection to nature saves you. This pattern of salvation in the Christian tradition is articulated in a certain way and I hope there is enough there to be inspired. Take it if it helps you. Leave it if it doesn’t.

For myself, I would rather walk with pursuers of beauty, self-betterment, and self-sacrifice, than folks who profess to belong to one religious group or another.

discovery and persona2903 like this.
  19. WilBil99

WilBil99 Fapstronaut

I think you are fine if you didn’t MO. For me, I have been tracking my edging (time suck surfing sites I shouldn’t be in which lead to bad choices). While no videos I was using for same dopamine rush as when PMO. I told myself I’d reset if I did again and I did so, went back to day 0. This is me keeping me accountable. Others may handle differently and that’s ok too. Just trying to stop behaviors that lead me to touching my weiner

GottaBFree, artifact and Timber like this.
  20. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

First of all, I apologize if I violated any group rules that did not allow statements related to religion.
    Secondly, I want to make it clear that I did not want to offend anyone, but quite the opposite. I consider the members of this group my fighting partners and friends, and I would not like my sayings to contradict or resent this relationship. @discovery I offer you a sincere apology!
    Thirdly, as I saw that several who write from their ideology and worldviews, encouraged me to write from mine, but exclusively responding to @jcforreal ... in no way imposing my faith on the rest of the group.
    Fourth: I love Rocky's phrase !!!