1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

:emoji_laughing:

2. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Thanks Timber. That was wonderful. This is one of those moments where I wish there were a 'love' button also instead of just 'like'.

And as for the edging topic.. I personally don't reset for edging. However, that being said, I end up paying the price anyway, because my streak never lasts much longer then. It's like a boxer who gets knocked down, and gets back up before '10' is called. Yes, he's still in the fight, but the odds of him lasting much longer, much less winning, slim down considerably.

Thanks persona. Didn't mean to get aggressive, I just thought it needed to be said. I'm not aware if it violates group rules or not. I wasn't even thinking about that. I just feel like this group should be inclusive to everyone. I think Timber said it perfectly above. How you live your life and treat others is what counts in this world, in the end.

3. I was not raised in the Christian tradition either and consider myself an agnostic. I don't mind religious postings in the group as long as no one is passing judgement on others. I understand your viewpoint but I don't think anyone in the group has been unreasonable. Tolerance is a two-way street. We have all managed to get along so far so let's keep it going and focus on our common goal of recovery.

4. Never realized he was on Sesame Street. But I do remember Morgan Freeman on The Electric Company.

control your life and discovery like this.
  5. Hello Paf-On. The group is currently full but I can add you to the waiting list if you like.

6. @discovery - congrats on your 30 days! Hope you can keep it going for 30 more. :D

@EcoMunchies - a belated congrats on your 30 days as of 10 days ago (and your current 40). :cool:

7. Day 10. Milestone 1 achieved.

Has been a reasonably steady run.

8. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Cheers to our friends @discovery and @EcoMunchies for their achievements!
    Our encouragement and support to keep going!
    Yes you can!
    [​IMG]
    PD: and thanks to @artifact for his tireless work of moderating this list and encouraging us at all times!

9. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Tuesday check in - feeling good today. Good chat going on at the moment!

10. AEC Josh2415

AEC Josh2415 Fapstronaut

Checking in. 21 days. I installed Covenant Eyes on my phone and it's helped.

11. Wolf2019

Wolf2019 Fapstronaut

12. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Reset but wish to end the year with positivity!

13. Baby steps... I like that approach. Anything is achievable if you break it down into small enough steps.

14. Back to 10 days again, it feels good. I'm not planning to see single digits again for a long time!

15. Wolf2019

Wolf2019 Fapstronaut

I think for me a simple "baby step" would be not to take my phone with me to the bathroom.

16. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Thank you guys!

Excellent. Haha Wolf, that video was exactly what I was thinking when I first saw Artifact's comment on your post :D Proof that we truly belong in the 35+ group o_O

17. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Hey congrats on your 30 days!

As for the fighter metaphor, you clearly have not seen any movies with Jean Claude van damme... he always got his ass kicked right before defeating his unsuspecting opponents! ;)

discovery and control your life like this.
  18. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Wednesday check in. busy week, the weekend will be the challenge...

artifact likes this.
  19. EcoMunchies

EcoMunchies Fapstronaut

Checking in. Still going strong. Meditation, Education, and Exercise - keeping me going!

persona2903, artifact and discovery like this.
  20. EcoMunchies

EcoMunchies Fapstronaut

Thanks @persona2903 and @artifact

persona2903 and artifact like this.