1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Going bald.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Infrasapiens, Dec 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I think you'll see it's not near as bad as you think.

2. Xexos

Xexos Fapstronaut

Although im happy for you that your baldness hasn't affected your life that much, but still there's a HUGE difference between going bald in your thirties and going bald in your late teens/early twenties.

At your age, many men go bald, so it's considered normal, but at my age or @Infrasapiens age, it's so rare that it's not welcomed or accepted at all, neither by us or by society.

3. See, this is what I'm saying. This is not true. I understand that you feel like this is something to worry about, but think about reality. How is your hair helping you be a more sociable person? It isn't. It's doing absolutely nothing for you in that department. So losing it will not change that. You're putting way too much personal value in your hair.

The underlying problem here is that you don't seem to like yourself or have any confidence in yourself. That's an issue that needs to be addressed, but you need to understand that it has nothing to do with your hair. Or at least it has very very little to do with your hair. The balding thing is just highlighting a problem that was already there, and would be there whether you have hair or not. So that's the issue to focus on and try to fix. The hair part is not the important thing here.

I do understand how you feel though, and I don't want it to seem like I have no empathy for your feelings. I'm just trying to show you that sometimes feelings aren't based in truth and reality. And I think that's the case here.

Bettering yourself and improving, starting with being kind and a grateful person, will help you a lot. People like to be around people who feel good about themselves and who are kind to others and spreading positivity. That is something you have control over, and how much hair you have on your head has nothing to do with anything.

4. First of all, that has nothing to do with this.

And secondly, the only reason I demand anything is because you insist that all of your opinions are facts, and that's not true, and incredibly harmful to these men who are already buying into this lie. If you simply shared an opinion, that would be fine. But when you come in saying everyone else is full of shit and everything you say is 100% fact, while saying "90% of people blah blah blah," that's ridiculous. That's not a fact at all, and it annoys me when people say their opinions are facts when they so clearly are opinions.

5. Okay, I was confused about this part of your message when I first read it, because I couldn't remember what guy I mentioned. Now that I remember, i see you completely missed the point of my entire comment.

I DID have a crush on him. I said that in the post. He was not attractive, by anyone's conventional standards, and both of his best friends were far more attractive than him. But I, and several other girlfriends of mine, had a crush on him over everyone else. Because or his personality and confidence and the way he always puts a smile on everyone's face.

So I really don't understand that question of yours. Would I have had a crush on him still if he were more attractive? Uh... sure. Obviously. But I still had a crush on him anyway, so what's your point?

6. This is a great comment. I agree with all of the advice here.

Getting older is hard sometimes. Not to start any gender wars or anything, but I would say in a lot of ways it's even harder for women, because a lot of men tend to look even more attractive with a bit of age, whereas woman pretty much always look better when they're young.

It's not fun to notice you're getting less physically attractive. I've been dealing with that reality myself, with my own hair thinning and feeling really unhealthy. It's especially hard when so many people tell me how my hair is one of my best features, and now I'm potentially losing that, or at least it's getting a lot less pretty.

But the thing is, this is just life. People get old. In 50 years I'm going to be gray and wrinkled, and I'm not going to be turning any heads anymore. That's sad to think about sometimes, but it's just how it is. The only thing you can do is take this opportunity to realize how very little looks matter. Of course they matter to some people, but I'm saying at the end of the day, they don't matter at all. What matters is what's on the inside.

And sure, dating might be harder if you're not as attractive, but if you are a great person on the inside, that will be attractive to a lot of people. It might not be attractive enough to shallow women, but so what? You don't want to date a shallow woman anyway. I really truly think men think women care about their looks WAY more than we actually do. Sure, some women only care about looks, just like some men do. But in general, in my opinion, men care about looks way more than women do. So you're probably worrying about this stuff because you think women care about looks as much as you do, and that's probably not true.

Anyway, the point is, age is the great equalizer. We're all going to be old and wrinkled and ugly someday. So worrying about looks is not a good investment in your future. You wouldn't spend a bunch of time and money investing in a company that you know is going to shut down in a few years anyway, would you? Spend that time and energy working on your character and the stuff inside, because that's the stuff that will last. And I would take an unattractive dude with a great heart over some douchebag model who only cares about himself any day.

7. I’ve almost given up on this thread but glanced today and saw this post which I felt should be bumped up.

Great points here.

Women who are hyper focused on the externals aren’t women you want to be with. And it goes the other way as well. If we are men that are hyper focused on a woman’s externals and can’t appreciate her heart and mind then we deserve to be alone and single.

Both men and women are a helluva lot more than hair, pretty face, and a shapely body.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. I'm glad somebidy said it.

I think both of you arent seeing the bigger picture, but i tend to agree w castielle more.

I hate typing this next part out so much. But i too am starting to thin and crown. Im not sure if the hair loss is stress induced, nutrient deficiencies, or male pattern baldness. Its impossible to tell really w/o tests.

It is really frustrating & stressful. Im in college and skipped my classes for weeks bc of that issue (ashamed i did, but i died live that hermit lifestlye). & now im scrambling to put my grades back together, which I'm doing well.

But going bald does have a psychological effect on you. You start thinking, does everybody see it? Just all these negative self concious things, wearing hats, etc.

The truth is anynody worth knowing won't judge you for having a bald head. I understand that having hair is more attractive, but im on some "fuck it, life really do be like that" type shit.

@Xexos @Infrasapiens. I am fighting it. Im taking oneaday vitamin pills (if its nutrient deficiency. Starting to think its not but its still good tl take anyways). Im taking DHT blocker 2x daily (dht converts your testosterone to bladness). Im also doing minoxidal 2x daily. They also have hair transplants depending on your severity and want level.

Im fighting but during my fight i realized that its ultimately stopping or postponing the baldness. By how long, i have no clue. But i can tell you, that i dont mind being bald as an older dude, just not now.

If i go bald, i go bald. I'll figure it out like always (like my PIED) & keep moving forward. Wether that be hair recovery or accepting hair loss. I dont judge yall for living isolated (i did too) but i won't live like a hermit anymore.

& this next thing is true *i think*. Confidence is insanely more important then a balding head

& ill also say my opinion whivh is i dont recommend you all living the hermit lifestyle. That really won't get you anywhere and is a sad life.

& i know this next part is true. Going bald is not the end of the world.

9. This! For sure!

That's the thing. Will some people think you're less attractive? Sure, probably. But that's not the kind of person anyone should be trying to impress.

It's kinda like with being a writer. I can do my best to make stories people will relate to and enjoy, but at the end of the day, if someone just doesn't like romance or something, they aren't going to like my books. Or if they are the kind of person who looks for any little tiny thing to nitpick and complain about, they won't like my books. I'm not going to try to change my content to cater to people who are rude and annoying and impossible to please. I'm going to write the stories I want to write, and they will be enjoyable to the people who like them.

Same goes for looks and dating. You don't need to be attractive to everybody on earth. It's impossible anyway, because even super hot people aren't everybody's type. Lots of women actually love the shaved head look, even if it's not done entirely by choice. I've certainly met plenty of men with thinning hair, or straight up bald men, who I thought were super handsome.

Anyway, long story short, I agree with you. Lol it's rare, but it does happen on occasion, huh? ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2019
  10. Ohh It took me a minute to get this lmao

11. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I know it sounds like I mean my hair talks for me or something like that. I think that appareances are important when it comes to how are you are going to be treated in a social circle. I just don't want to be "The bald guy who's makes us laugh", I'd rather stay isolated.

I know it is confidence issue that goes beyond hair, I don't have many things to feel confident about. It is hard for me to be possitive as it only makes it worse when the bad things start happening.

12. I feel you. I would focus more of your attention on that second paragraph, though. True friends aren't going to think of you as "the bald guy that makes us laugh." They will think of you as their friend who makes them laugh. Appearances are not nearly as important as you are making them out to be in your mind.

13. OP, maybe if you wore a bed sheet on your back, put on a yellow jumpsuit, and wore red welding or dish washing gloves and red rain boots more often, you'd get more respect, and more women would want to ri-

Oh wait Saitama never got recognition.

14. Suk

Suk Fapstronaut

You could buy a wig like Saitama did or you could just punch anyone who's staring xD sorry. Well I've been having hairfall due to some hardcore meds and my doctor said to have a medicine which is for everyone and it heals your hair. It's called Keratab, I'm not sure it's available where your from or not but it's good. Hope it helps!

15. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I actually think you are not allowed to do certain things is you don't look good enough for them. I know is wrong and I have tried to change it but it has been hard.

Well, making everyone never noticing me is the possible alternative I don't want to take.

Sorry, medications are off the table, I don't have money for that.

I'd like to punch people though.

16. Suk

Suk Fapstronaut

It's not that costly, you could check out the price.

17. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Not if you live where I live.

18. Visitor X

Visitor X New Fapstronaut

Did anyone mention trying black sesame seed ingestion and topical application of the oil on the scalp and consuming He Shou Wu to try and reverse it (might not be able to) but yes quitting fapping would be advised too otherwise just roll with it many people are and have no issues with friends dude!

Shave it if it bothers you but please don't cry over it pal.

19. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_874.jpg

20. That's just not true though... I don't really understand how you can know something isn't true, and still continue to believe it. You just need to continuously replace that lie with truth whenever it pops up in your mind. That's the only way to combat that kind of harmful thinking.