1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

30 Day Healthy Food Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Philosophical_Dad, Nov 24, 2019.

1. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

I went out and bought a shed load of healthy veg and seeds/nuts etc and frozen fruit etc. Inspired to cook healthy for my son's first meals this week. Also been watching avantegarde vegan on YouTube, some inspiring recipes and attitude there. I'm not a vegan, but going for as much variety as possible so mixing up plant protein / animal protein and plenty of fresh veg etc.

Philosophical_Dad likes this.
  2. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Day 1/30 - 3 healthy meals, one snack, 6 portions veg/fruit and within mfp limits calories/fat/sugar. I'm not sure whether I drank enough water to be honest - I wasn't measuring - but I'll count this as a win for me and my new healthy diet.

3. TangoTao

TangoTao Fapstronaut

pike, i expected it to taste like matrix protiein prorrige - but with onions and desecated cocounut - baked on cconut oil it was 'foodgasm' level Great!

16/30

4. Philosophical_Dad

Philosophical_Dad Fapstronaut

Nice! Enjoy the process! For me, it's been trying at times. But it's so important.

I'll have to check out that YouTube channel.

5. Philosophical_Dad

0/30

Probably didn't drink enough water yesterday.

Lately, I haven't had many successful days. The main reason, I think, is that I had a major deadline this morning that was preventing me from putting any time into food prep or cooking--or even shopping. That should change starting today. I plan to bake an acorn squash, soak some beans with which to make both snacks and a meal tomorrow, and buy a bunch of pre-washed vegetables.

Despite the many recent "failures," I think this challenge helped me this past week. Each time I failed to achieve my goals, I at least got close--much closer than I would have without this challenge. I'd go out of my way to eat a serving of vegetables, drink extra water, or resist cookies with the intent of achieving my goal.

Onwards and upwards!

6. Philosophical_Dad

7. Philosophical_Dad

8. TangoTao

TangoTao Fapstronaut

9. Philosophical_Dad

19 days! You're killing it!

I've had reduced computer access the last few days and so haven't been able to keep track of some of my challenges here. I probably didn't meet my goals a couple of recent days so I'll just start again at 0.

10. TangoTao

TangoTao Fapstronaut

23/30 - decided not to wait for the new year's resolutions - but decided to meet the new year head on with the best shape i can get in that time INSTEAD.
    Xmass is a bit of a hurdle to everyone on diet restrictions - but we just need to plow though it, so don't give up on it @Philosophical_Dad

11. Philosophical_Dad

Good point. There's probably more I could do.

Anyway, didn't keep good enough track yesterday.

0/30

12. Philosophical_Dad

13. TangoTao

TangoTao Fapstronaut

i was really tempted to eat something after16.00h (which would be breaking my conditions), but then i reminded myself of advice i gave you - and then i talked myself over that I NEED TO KEEP TO MY WORD - sometimes i have that things that i say something to other - but then it s advice as well for myself, there was a story - when a woman came to Gandhi with her kid - then she asked Gandhi to tell her son to stop eating sugar - Gandhi replied her to come in 3 days -- woman came back - kid was told not eat sugar - then she asked why she had to wait 3 days .. the reply was.. "becouse 3 days ago i was also eating sugar"
    25/30

14. Philosophical_Dad

0/30

With my dad visiting me it feels just about impossible to stick to me plan...

15. TangoTao

TangoTao Fapstronaut

Today is day 30 of my challange, and i feel revived,
    finally grasped the handle of that primary drive and feel strong now to stick with it continiously from now on,
    thanks many thanks @Philosophical_Dad for running this challange, it was great to have this sort of accoutability out in the open,
    gonna be away from the forum for a while, perhaps now i'm gonna get on keto with similar set of stuff, but with more measured proportions,

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  16. Philosophical_Dad

Awesome! So so so glad it helped! Best of luck with whatever you do next.

My dad's visit really side-tracked me. But now I'm going to get back to it.

0/30.

17. Philosophical_Dad

Close but not quite... Today for sure.

0/30

18. Philosophical_Dad

19. Philosophical_Dad

0/30

Not enough water yesterday. I gotta start on it earlier in the day.

20. Philosophical_Dad