1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Going bald.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Infrasapiens, Dec 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Because it is what I have seen. I know those situations may have been weird cases, or at least that is what I want to think, but they still happend.

2. Could you elaborate? What things do you think people shouldn't be allowed to do if they aren't attractive?

And keep in mind, theres a huge difference between not being allowed or able to do something, vs not being as successful as someone else. I mean sure, and actor who is attractive is probably going to get some more opportunities than an actor who isn't. But that doesn't mean unattractive people can't be actors. They might not score a lead role in a romance or something, but they can still act.

3. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Maybe allowed is not the right word. What I meant was that there are things that will make you look bad if you are not good looking enough, when it comes to social interaction: Talking to people of the gender you are attracted to if it isn't necessary, show any kind of sexual behavior,complain, cry, have fun in public (To some extent).

I am not saying that people who try this things should be punished, I mean that it is more likely for them to be humiliated if they try them.

4. That list makes me sad :/ I hate to keep repeating myself, but these are lies you're believing, man. Most people don't go around judging others by their attractiveness, and making fun of unattractive people for doing the things you mentioned. That's just not have decent people behave at all.

I'm not sure there's much else to say about this, but I do truly hope you are able to find your identity in the right place, and that you stop believing these lies that are harming you. It's sad to see. It's like you're stuck in a pit, and there's a ladder right beside you, but you aren't climbing it. I hope you keep climbing, even when it gets hard and those lies spring up again knock you down a couple rungs. Just keep reminding yourself of truth, one step at a time, and you'll get out of that pit eventually.

5. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I live in a place where decency left some years ago. Even when those doesn't have to be true, it kind of makes me feel safe believing they are. That way I know how to avoid the risk when the times comes.

Yes, I know I am stubborn and childish, but I have been already made fun of enough, I don't want it to happen again.

6. But being "safe" is making you depressed and unhappy, because it isn't healthy. Which isn't really safe, when you think about it. You're not safe if you're believing lies. That's a door wide open into a ton of things that will put you at risk.

7. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I don't know any other way of living.

8. Well... the same can be said for anyone about anything. You won't know a new way of living unless you decide to try a new way of living. It's up to you, but you're obviously not happy, so I don't know why you would want to stubbornly continue to live the way you're living, believing these lies, if you recognize they are causing you harm.

9. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I know it is harmful but I don't want to change it because I'd rather stay with a way of life I know than to risk it and end up with an even worse one. Maybe is not worth it, I am truly unhappy. I honestly don't remember the last time I had fun.

10. Wayne Kest

Wayne Kest Fapstronaut

Grew mine back, tbh. Despite that, no social life, so I guess I'm double lucky...

11. No, you wouldn't. I don't believe that. You don't even believe that. Case in point:

That's not living. How is that worth being "safe"? What is "safe" even worth if you're making yourself miserable?

This mindset seems rather similar to someone having something like agoraphobia. Maybe you should see a therapist. I know change can be hard, but so is being miserable all the time, right? Can you honestly say life isn't hard already, when you're sp unhappy? You've gotta make a change, man. I'm really rooting for you to make that choice. I'll be praying for you, too. It really breaks my heart to see someone like this.

If you need anything, support or accountability if you decide to try to change your life and take some more risks, feel free to reach out. I want to see you get past this and have true joy. The best way would be to find your identity in the one who created you, rather than searching for it in the approval of others. I really want that for you, but I can't force you to choose it.

Kiz Whalifa likes this.
  12. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

To be honest, someone saying I may have some weied psycho illness is worrying but most therapists left the country, and even if there are some left, they are probably pretty crappy like most people here, and even if they were actually good therapists, I wouldn't be able to afford one.

If by reach out means talking to you, I thank you but I preffer not to. People get angry at me when I go to them for help, they say I'm too whiny.

If by creator you mean religion, I'm not religious.

I just searched what agoraphobia is and I disagree. But insane people don't know they are insane so I don't know.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  13. I'm not saying that. I don't view mental illnesses as "some weirdo psycho illness." A lot of people have issues they need to work out with a trained professional, and it's nothing to be ashamed of. I've heard of a website called betterhelp that does therapy online, or through text or phone calls, and I've been told it's relatively affordable, but I haven't looked into it personally. I'm just saying it might help.

And to be clear, I wasn't saying you actually have agoraphobia. Agoraphobia is the fear of ever leaving your house and being outside. You don't have that. I'm just saying that some of the justification you use sounds similar to things an agoraphobic person would say, which obviously is not a healthy way to be thinking.

I know you're not. But I recently read some wise words. "The only way to know the purpose of something is to ask the inventor who created it." If you want to have peace and security in knowing your purpose, why you were created, who you were created to be, and what you should find your identity in, God is the only answer. History has shown time and time again that peace and joy will never come from placing your personal worth, value, and identity in other people's opinions of you.

I'm not going to preach at you or anything, but I'll just leave it at that, I guess.

It's up to you.

I don't think there's much else to say. You obviously know your current way of living and thinking is not right or good or healthy for you. But if you aren't willing to try to change it, then there's nothing anybody can do to help you. I hope you choose the right path and find joy. We were not created to live in bondage and fear and despair. You can have freedom and joy, if you want it, with God. I can promise you that.

14. I used to cut my hair off a lot and honestly I liked it. It has some manly look, makes feel better u know.

15. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

You may not believe me but there is no price for me that is affordable. This might reveal my location, but if I remember correctly, one year of work is less than 50 dollars here, so even if it costs half dollar, I cannot pay for it.

Yes, I think the thread lived out its usefulness as there is nothing else to say.
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_2ou0mb.jpg

16. Dim Meadow

Dim Meadow Fapstronaut

Good luck to everyone out there. I genuinely I hope shit works out good for y'all in the future.

17. Damn! I was so close when I guessed earlier.

Never considered getting out of there?

18. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

There is nowhere to go, as most people treat us like slaves in other countries, this is the best life can offer.

Also, I'm not moving to another country to see a therapist because I'm going bald. That is insane.

ItsOkay likes this.
  19. It is. I wasn't asking you about leaving because of hairloss.

Fuck. That's bad. Still that might be preferable to staying.

If the political situation stabilizes the economy will continue to go to shit. If it doesn't you'll get a civil war...

20. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Not really. A terrorist group tried to start a civil war when things were much worse and it never happend. Good thing the people here is too lazy and cowardly for that, I'm serious. Actually economy has gotten better against all odds, I was able to eat meat this year many times.