1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. 2pres90

2pres90 Fapstronaut

I went five days, relapsed. I went another five days, relapsed. Ten days left of 2019. Resolved to finish the year strong.

WilBil99, JJ_Kino, Wolf2019 and 4 others like this.
  2. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Sunday night check in - looking to make it through christmas with no PM.

JJ_Kino, Wolf2019, GottaBFree and 4 others like this.
  3. Circleinthesquare

Monday morning check in = enjoying the holidays and keeping my mind focussed.....

4. OK, I'm back after a couple of slips. Sorry about the delay in the ranking update. Hope everyone is doing well.

5. This is kind of how I'm feeling right now:

upload_2019-12-23_22-44-54.jpeg

6. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Just logging in for another counter reset

coincidentally done right before Christmas Eve officially started. 48 hours to start is the new streak is what I want for Christmas.

7. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

Checking in !
    For this Christmas I want for all to remember the truth about Christmas. Is not about santas' gifts or being good and naughty.

Is about God, coming as a man being tempted just like we are but without falling into temptations to show us that IN HIM we can be free from this. Is not magically that we change, being a christian is not about being some kind untouchable man. But is about growing as a man to get to be like Jesus by living through His Word one day at a time. We only fall because we don't want to listen to the Lord and follow His ways, or because we think we know better. I am myself on the process of being free after long time of slavery and sin. It's when we forget that is Christmas not Xmas, don't cross out Christ of your Christmas. The man has put Christ on a cross before, but He came to be on that cross for you, and to make you free through His death.

Don't forget Him on this special night. This night is about God reaching to us, He came not for the saints, but to make saints of the sinners. So if you think your bad... He is here FOR YOU, to help you, to be right there with you in the middle of the storm and calm it down.

Matthew 9.11-13 says :
    And when the Pharisees saw this, they said to his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?” But when he heard it, he said, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. Go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.’ For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”

To night at dinner let's all have a prayer focusing on the freedom that we can have in Christ. And let us all ask God to come to our lives. Then let's ask for each others life, for His mercy and love to strengthen us.

I will.

God bless you all and Merry Christmas !

persona2903, Timber, JJ_Kino and 3 others like this.
  8. Wolf2019

Wolf2019 Fapstronaut

It's amazing some of the wise tidbits you can pick up from unexpected places. Took the kids to see Frozen II, picked this up: "Just do the next right thing." This is mantra-worthy.

9. bold0101

bold0101 Fapstronaut

Checking in. I have found myself really losing my way here. Not in the sense that I'm relapsing constantly. In fact, I'm getting a 1 week or two in between, sometimes more, which I know isn't good, but I've been far worse. It's my anxiety. It's been through the roof. Hopefully with a few days off from work I can breath again. This was the busiest Christmas season I've ever had, and the messiest my mind has been. Screw the New Year resolution. It starts now! I know how good it feels to go a meaningful, lengthy period of time without the p and m, and my brain was cleared of the fog and social anxiety was manageable. I need that again in a big way. I leave for vacation in exactly one month. I think that's a good starting point. I'm sure my time with my family will be much more meaningful with a clearer head!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a safe, blessed Christmas!

Timber, Wolf2019, discovery and 3 others like this.
  10. Good luck, bold0101. I've been struggling to get out of that fog too.

persona2903, Timber, Wolf2019 and 2 others like this.
  11. WilBil99

WilBil99 Fapstronaut

Merry Christmas all! Dodged a bullet yesterday but remain steadfast in my recovery. Have a great one gents!

12. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

9 days in feeling okay but urges are creeping in.

Promised myself NoFap over Christmas, trying to keep strong.

Merry Christmas one and all. God bless

persona2903, Timber, Wolf2019 and 3 others like this.
  13. Circleinthesquare

Saw Star Wars today - plenty of life affirming positive quotes in it which I hoped I would be able to remember for just this occasion. I can't.

Anyway Christmas Eve check in and all looking good at the moment. Stay safe over the next few days people!

Happy Christmas!

14. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Yikes, tax collectors! *shudders*

Just let it go, Wolf. Let it go.

Happy Holidays everyone!

15. Rebooter13

Rebooter13 Fapstronaut

Yeap and sorry Artifact , i had some dark moments lately, i want to come back now!

16. Wolf2019

Wolf2019 Fapstronaut

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all, wishing you peace and joy and a great finish to 2019.

17. Circleinthesquare

Wednesady sign in. Going well, but am busy!

18. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Woah, what a busy few days with two little kids and my very hormonal wife. Funny thing - I love all of them and feel so close to them. Perfect love casts out imperfection. Feeling exhausted but positive!

Merry Christmas!

ps. Something I really identify with from Russell brand:

When the “King” (higher self) is born it will not be in a “Palace” (material wealth) but in a “stable” (humility). Happy Christmas.

19. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Congrats on your 180 Timber! I'm sure it feels like a 180 degree change. The only problem with that is.. if you keep going and double it, then you will be at 360 degrees, which would mean you're back where you first started.... :emoji_thinking:

20. Circleinthesquare

Thursday morning - close to a week in - feeling good but thoughts dropping in my head.....

JJ_Kino, artifact, WilBil99 and 2 others like this.