1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Thanks! December was a really tough month. I was burned out at work and my kids - both of them- had sleep issues, so it felt like I was completely drained, which is when I would go to PMO normally. I very nearly relapsed. I also noticed there are better ways to “refuel” and take care of myself.

It’s been interesting!

2. Day 2.

It's been a struggle of late, I have been travelling os and eyeing off every hot woman who walks past and have been a bit distant from the Lord as a result, still determined not to bring this thing (PMO) into 2020. Will need the help of Holy Spirit to achieve that.

Hope you are all remaining strong.

3. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Hey, be gentle with yourself! You will bring it into 2020. Don’t punish yourself for it. When you feel distant from God, you are walking the necessary distance to build up your own strength. That strength will then show itself as His grace. Good training to you, brother!

4. Hope you all had a nice christmas. I'm still at it. There were some pretty tough days this month but the last week has been easy. A recent change I have noticed is that I feel more in love with my wife - I've always loved her but I feel a little less numb right now - and I'm starting to communicate a little better, in general. I have always been the kind of person to just stay quiet and keep things to myself but I am gaining a little bit of self-confidence. Still a long way to go. Looking forward to getting stronger in 2020. Keep at it guys.

5. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Very good and inspiring news. I believe that growing in interpersonal relationships with our partner makes us strong and creates antibodies to combat bad desires!

6. Wolf2019

Wolf2019 Fapstronaut

Hey everybody look at me, 2 weeks! Look ma, no hands!

7. WilBil99

WilBil99 Fapstronaut

I have been online and on the phone w Verizon for 2 hours and I have wanted to PMO for 1 hour and 59 minutes LOL FUCK I hate these big corporations who take your money and make you jump through hoops to get what you already paid for. Suck it VERIZON! That is all. Have a better day than I am Gents!

8. Pirate3819

Pirate3819 Fapstronaut

I can relate to this post. I'm engaged and I was honest with my fiancee' from the beginning about my addiction. Before this current streak, she asked me how I was doing and I told her I was struggling. We had a real heart to heart about my addiction and strugglings. Most importantly, she told me I had to tell her whenever I was struggling, so she can help me. Knowing that I have her support and encouragement has been a game-changer and my love for her has been overflowing ever since that conversation. Because, like you, I'm an introvert, and forcing myself to talk to her and being open about my addiction has renewed and increased my resolve to make a lifestyle change. I do not view PMO as a challenge anymore, but a lifestyle change. As a result, a shift in my thinking has occurred.

9. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

YES!! And soon it will be 3!

Major props to you my friend. That is one of the most frustrating situations that exist on this planet. If you can resist PMOing to that, you can do anything.

bold0101, JJ_Kino and WilBil99 like this.
  10. @WilBil99 and @AEC Josh2415 - Congrats on your 30 day+ streaks! Watch out, I am only 20-something days behind you.

11. I have narrowed my NoFap success (or lack thereof) down to these guidelines:
    1. Practice NOT giving in to urges. Let them pass no matter how intense.
    2. Avoid idle time on Facebook and other websites. Do not surf the internet without a good reason to do so. (Watch out for edging tendencies.)
    3. Find the right balance between staying socially active and not stressing myself out with too many commitments.
    4. Have a healthy lifestyle with plenty of sleep and a good diet.
    5. Have a mindset of self-acceptance and positivity. Have unconditional love for myself.
    6. Learn to forgive others. Let go of anger and resentment.
    7. Remember how awful I felt after my last relapse.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  12. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

Checking in...

God bless you all !

13. Another motivational tune for you guys. Let's finish out the year in style!

discovery and JJ_Kino like this.
  14. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

I love this, I can relate to all of it. Number 4 and 5 are up there.

I would like to add a couple myself if I may.

1, Stay away from Alcohol, just gives me that "I don't care attitude" and for some strange reason it just push my urges to the limit.

2, high sugar food like sweets & chocolate, Ice cream, makes me grave for pmo.

3, taking myself out of the situation I am in when my urges are at its full, like being alone on computer or on phone, I take a shower or go for walk.

I can think of more but you nailed some good ones.

Thanks

artifact, discovery and Timber like this.
  15. Wolf2019

Wolf2019 Fapstronaut

Reset. On the bright side, I made it 15 weeks this time. That is twice as long as I usually do. I can do that again.

16. @Timber !! a super-duper big congrats on your 6 MONTHS of nofap time as of yesterday! You are the group's second winner of the prestigious 6 Month Medal of Honor! Thank you for setting a great example for the rest of us. :cool::emoji_sun_with_face::emoji_cloud_lightning::emoji_chart_with_upwards_trend::emoji_cooking::emoji_rose::emoji_vulcan:

17. alpha.buddy

alpha.buddy Fapstronaut

checking in. I think I am at 28 days, closing in on 30

JJ_Kino likes this.
  18. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

hey thanks! We need some other award for 9 months... some sort of bad-assery sash. I’m not joking. The thought of the medal made me think twice a bunch of times this December.

clearly, external motivators are a big thing for me! I thought it was bad, but at this point I will take anything to get me over the next temptation.

19. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Still trying to get going again. Seemed like I was battling but then I logged on and saw the counter is only at 2 days. Shooting for another day.

20. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Bad night on Friday but building again now....

GottaBFree and Wolf2019 like this.