1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The I'll Do It Later Attitude

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by aakkss, May 4, 2015.

1. aakkss

aakkss Fapstronaut

The title suggests what this post is all about. I'm badly suffering from this attitude and want myself to change. So, if anyone have any idea about how to get rid of this attitude, please, let me know.
    Your support and advice will be highly appreciated.
    Meanwhile, for those, who are suffering from the same problem, I found this link very useful
    http://www.companykitchen.com/blog/why-saving-work-for-tomorrow-doesnt-work/
    Thank you.

2. Immor

Immor Fapstronaut

It's called procrastination.
    Force yourself to do a small (or if necessary tiny) part of what you are procrastinating every day.

3. aakkss

aakkss Fapstronaut

thanks for the precise term. hope your advice helps. :)

4. stringer313

stringer313 Fapstronaut

I also suffer the same problem. I don't like doing things right now, but, later.
    That's what made me fail in my studies some years ago. I was lazy.
    Now, consider there are things that I do like doing and those give me fun. If try to find what exactly the fun is, and I try to find it in the things I have to do.
    If I like working out, I can study by exercising my brain with small questions and answers. If I like playing games, I can kill monsters all day if I want, and collect their drops, so I can apply it to the everyday life with some imagination.
    I know it's not easy, but, if I like doing certain things, why not loving doing the important things too ?

Amukadi8 likes this.
  5. Limeaid

Limeaid Guest

When you don't procrastinate you build confidence. Procrastination is usually an avoidance technique so when you stopavoiding you get shit done so you feel better about yourself. Just try it!

6. TotalLifeChange

TotalLifeChange Fapstronaut

I've suffered A LOT from it. I actually described a breakthrough in that matter on my journal.

I recommend you guys to read the book in my signature (10 Days to Self-Discipline). It may seem like "meh, just another book", but I'm telling you, it's good stuff.

You can also read this valuable post (Why Procrastinators Procrastinate): http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/10/why-procrastinators-procrastinate.html

And watch this video:

I have a ton more info to share if you want, but I'm telling you that covers the very basics and by using those resources (and actually doing what they teach) you'll be more than OK. :)

Let us know how it goes.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
    goldstein and Amukadi8 like this.
  7. aakkss

aakkss Fapstronaut

Sorry for the late reply.
    I'll try what you recommended. But, I doubt if I'll be able to love studying?

8. aakkss

aakkss Fapstronaut

Thanks for the advice. I'll make sure I try it.

9. aakkss

aakkss Fapstronaut

Oh man! Your writing skills are awesome, The link you provided was very useful as well. ANd, I'll make sure that I get a copy of the book you mentioned. Thanks