1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Who do you most Identify as Guru within Hinduism?

From darkness, to light.

1. Hello all, Just started going down this Journey as a means to further my practice and improve my life.

Very much interested in the Teachings of Advaita Vedanta, which is why I find, I connect most with Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi.

Who do you Identify most with as a Spiritual Teacher?

2. BraveBear

BraveBear Fapstronaut

My guru is Paramahansa Yogananda. I am grateful that he is my guru because he teaches extremely practical ways of spiritual progress. It is a balance of scientific yoga meditation practices, methods of physical and mental fitness for the purpose of going deep in meditation, and the practice of ever-increasing devotion toward the Lord, the Creator, the Love behind all love.

wedmay23 and Harsevak like this.
  3. Ah I'm so happy to meet another guru-brother here! :D Paramahansaji is also my guru. I love that even though Paramahansaji was a Hindu, through him I was able to discover the secret truths in the Christian tradition that I grew up in, Because of that, even though my guru is Hindu I know my path to the divine is through Christ. I'm so grateful to be on the path.

Harsevak likes this.
  4. BraveBear

BraveBear Fapstronaut

That is so awesome! Small world! Yeah, I actually have the same feelings about being able to connect more deeply with Christ and his wisdom through Yogananda. How did you discover Yogananda/SRF?

5. Just finished his commentary on the Gospels The Second Coming of Christ. I had an inkling that Jesus taught something similar to the Buddha and all the Hindu saints I have heard so much about but it kinda blew my mind how closely his teachings were to those of people like the Buddha and Shankara. Indeed it seems like their is one truth and all the religions are expressions of it.

:D
    I read Autobiography of a Yogi. Felt a connection there and immediately signed up for the SRF lessons. How about you?

6. futureyogi

futureyogi Fapstronaut

Pranaamji :) ,

For sadhana and philosophy, I'd have to say Swami Lakshmanjoo. In terms of whose life I deeply admire, that would be Swami Vivekanandaji and Gautama Buddha.

7. chingiz

chingiz Fapstronaut

Samarth Ramdas