1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Let Talk about History (past study)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by jk243, Dec 27, 2019.

1. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

So I always been an history buff my whole life. I love to learn from the past (even tho I didn’t learn from my past). This thread is for history buffs here. If you have any subject of discussion, or facts that most of us don’t know, bring it here .

As a Congolese, it is shameful and painful that the war in my country has been ignored by the media. You will never hear about it. 6 millions of people died in that war. More shameful is that people in my own country don’t even know about that ... our media rarely talked about it and the truth behind this war is almost hidden. Man, it is heartbreaking...

2. saye

saye Fapstronaut

Media is the biggest lie in the world...

3. If people in the country don't know about it then it's hardly a war.

4. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

It is a war, just most of people don’t know what it is about and 90% of casualty are civilians.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Could you share with us what do you see?

6. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

I was in the west part of the country, mostly peaceful. The war was in the east, so I was not directly impacted by it.

7. This brings to mind the pseudo-war going on within US borders during the not so great ‘70’s.

(I grew up during the 70’s, it sucked!)

While the Vietnam War was in it’s last years, here in the US there were terrorists groups such as The Symbionese Liberation Army, The Weather Underground, The Black Panthers, The Jewish Defense League, and several others setting off bombs, kidnapping people (Patty Hearst being the most infamous), murdering, robbing banks and stores, and basically being a pain in the ass to the American population.

The beginning of the end for the Symbionese Liberation Army was a famous shootout with the LA police in 1974 that was broadcast on live TV.

Unfortunately (IMO) some look back at these groups with a romanticized view. It seems The Weather Underground falls into that category.

jk243 and Deleted Account like this.
  8. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

The side that win the war controls the story ... basically we livin in the “brave new world”. Feed the mass with whatever they want, as long as they far from the truth .

9. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Good video

Enulv likes this.
  10. Feels nice to have this topic in my arms. I will be a history teacher in years.

jk243 likes this.
  11. Thanks. Watched it, liked it!

jk243 likes this.
  12. Well, others dont really want to worry about other shit, some act. Honestly it is painful to think how someobody will die now or after 5 minutes and we cant do shit about it.

13. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Scary man, least we can do is to care about family and friends ...

14. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

But what if the Germans had discovered nuclear energy before the Yankees?

15. It's crazy to think about since nuclear power is the power that makes people fear you. I guess knowing Hitler it would be even crazier than with americans.

16. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Yup, it would deployed it straight to Moscow. Thanks God he didn’t . Man I love to learn about WW2. IDK how but since I was 12 I remember going home after school just to watch documentaries about it. So much details to learn, intellectually and personnaly.

17. Honestly, I don't really like it. I don't like war after all. My both grandfathers were there. One lost his leg, another caught tuberculosis and was in concentration camp. Glad he escaped, but yeah, war is hell, war is shit. I more like all that stuff about vikings, warriors, medieval age. My mother used to work at Turaida castle: [​IMG]
    And I, as a 6 year old kid started walking around the place, discovering interesting things, getting closer to nature and all that. And since then I started loving it. I love medieval times, ancient times. Yeah, war is interesting cause it's talking about a lots of morals, there's a lot to learn from it when it comes to mistakes of history etc. What I really used to enjoy is 1930s/1940s mafia life in U.S, La Cosa Nostra. I know some stuff on 90s Russia, especially criminal stuff since I've seen tons of video material on it. History is really important for us all.

jk243 likes this.
  18. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Oh man, sorry for your grandfathers. War is horrible for people who lives it.

Enulv likes this.
  19. Xexos

Xexos Fapstronaut

I wish i was born 5000 years ago or something.

You know what actually, i think being born in any other era is better than being born now, even living in the "dark" ages is preferable to me than living nowadays.

20. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Really dude? Better be grateful ...

Poseidongodofthesea likes this.