1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I feel old

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Turning 25 soon and I know 25 isn’t ‘old’ per se but I feel like the end of my youth is right around the corner. Just been swinging from job to job and still don’t know what I want to do with my life. I know the logical thing is to ‘start something now’ but it’s not that black & white or at least doesn‘t feel like it. I’m not even depressed really, just concerned about what the future holds for me because my present is disorganized. Can anyone relate?

2. This might make you feel better, or make you feel worse, but at 25 you are at the peak of your life mentally and physically (at least on average). That might mean it's only downhill from here, but that's just more reason to get after it now. If you don't know what you want to do with your life, I suggest trying the future authoring program: https://futureofcoding.org/notes/future-authoring.html

3. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Fast forward 10 years and you’ll find plenty of 35 year olds who feel the same way. You still have plenty of time to figure things out.

Marshall 5 likes this.
  4. I was exactly where you are at 25 (35 now). Had moved to Florida to start a business, with a friend, like a couple of drug addicts. Needless to say, it never came to fruition and I moved back to Maryland to work in the meat department at Costco.

Started dating the woman I would marry within a few months. She hated that I worked nights and weekends, so I got a job for $10.50 an hour landscaping. Showed up every day, on time, worked hard, kept my mouth shut, did what I was asked and learned everything I could about the trade. Four years later I started my own gig, and I have been blessed ever since. That part of my life is great.

My advice would be to learn a skill. Cultivate it and take it seriously. It will all fall into place if you do what you’re supposed to.

5. I related to this. Thanks for sharing. Those years (mid-twenties) were probably the hardest years of my life. All throughout my schooling and education it was about preparing for a great future ahead, and when the "future" arrived I felt completely lost, unsatisfied, and like a bit of a failure. Gained some weight eating a fast food diet and became mildly antisocial too, which didn't help.

Some people will say your twenties are the prime years of your life (and there are some good arguments for this), but for me that just made me feel even more like I was missing out.

All I can say is hang in there. It will get better—a lot better. You may have exited the "youth" years, but you are in that potentially awesome youthful phase of adulthood. You can explore your interests, hang out with people, and have some fun. Control the things you can (eat decently, exercise, get out of the house) and the rest will fall into place!