1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[90-CHALLENGE] THE NINETY DAYS CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Oct 27, 2017.

Do you want to participate?

1. Yes

2. No, probably later

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. henry3526

henry3526 Fapstronaut

2. Minionforgood

Minionforgood Fapstronaut

3. Monster@123

Monster@123 Fapstronaut

4. thetourist

thetourist Fapstronaut

Day 90, checking in. Challenge complete, so I leave this thread forever, as the rules stated. A few words though.

First of all, a thank you to all the brothers participating in this challenge and posting regularly. You form the community which I became a part of and which made me accountable for every clean day that I have lived during these three past months. A lot of guys have been extremely supportive, but I want to give special thanks to You and me are the Champions, Babansardar, RiseToGreatness, franco-desiboy and Fredi-the.

My gratitude goes to all the guys struggling out there and sharing their ups and downs. Just like with Alcoholics Anonymous, sharing your story helped me and countless other people to remind ourselves that we can never let down our guard and have to be constantly on the lookout. It helps to keep denial at bay.

For those of you who are still in the challenge, I wish you all the strength and help possible. You are on the right track. With PMO, there's no other way: constant awareness and accountability. I had failed countless times for some 9 or 10 years, I think, before I realised I needed help from the group and joined NoFap. God bless its founder, Alex Rhodes.

I'm moving on to the PMO-free 2020 challenge. https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?t...hallenge-365-days-without-pmo-in-2020.261811/

Wishing everybody here a happy and PMO-free 2020. Godspeed.

5. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

Awesome! You are an inspiration to us all!

6. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

So... I'm very conflicted as to what to do. 3 days ago I got lost in a fantasy, M'd a bit and it led to O. Now I'm still not sure if I should reset my counter or not.

My main reason not to do it, is first of all that really my goal is to not to M while looking at P. I did not do that. But at the same time I thought I really shouldn't M for 3 months at all, because otherwise my thoughts might go back to P too soon. Which I do find has been happening. Which brings me, maybe surprising, to reason 2 for not resetting: I'm afraid that if I reset the counter now, I'll be very tempted to watch a bit of P before I really start again.

But maybe I'm letting myself off the hook too easily, and it will infest my dedication and therefore lead to me doing PM again, before or after I reach the 90 days in this way.

Any thoughts on this, anyone?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    thetourist and RiseToGreatness like this.
  7. leafbygreen

leafbygreen Fapstronaut

Congratulations to The Tourist. He has graduated and correctly moves on to bigger goals. He manned up and overcame excuses.
    And so the question...who next?

I had a super tough day yesterday where I was just about able to keep control and thankfully I did, but in the evening I read some posts throughout other forums which have provided steadfast to my resolve, so I am feeling great today.

One day at a time.

9/90.

8. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

excellent brother. Keep going!!! :)

9. RiseToGreatness

then improve your method. revise your strategy bro. the reboot should be fun (with ocasional efforts).

if you see the reboot as a drag, as something you must endure, you´ll not go far. this is not about abstaining from something, this about abstaining from something + developing new habits in the gap, a new and better lifestyle. so check all areas in your life and improve them, work daily on a system to boost your life. only with a great life you can make the streak stand together in the long run. Let´s go bro!!!

10. RiseToGreatness

Congratulations brother!!! :) your journey as been a source of support for me and lot´s of brothers here. I´m sad to see you go but i know it´s for the best. your streak was impressive but you know that the work of a recovering addict is never finished, tomorrow you can be surprised by a sudden urge or temptation. This is not over has you know. So remember that addictions are chronic diseases, we should be aware of that until the day we die. luckly pmo gives us nothing, add us nothing, so a new life without pmo can only be a great life :)

This is the first day of the rest of your life. Make it a great one brother.

Farewell my friend. Best regards :)

11. RiseToGreatness

i think if you allow an exception on the streak you´ll be tempted to do that again. it´s better to reset. but to not demoralize you, why not make 2 counters?

one global counter with all the days in the reboot (clean days and pmo days). Another consecutive counter with the present streak. that way you´ll have a better understanding of your growth.

12. RiseToGreatness

33 days my brothers

JK Emezi is conducting a 90 days video sequence on youtube giving tips to a good reboot. everyday he posts a new video. check it out, it might help you getting tools to the reboot. Here´s the video for day 1.

PowerfulSRE, Bobske and leafbygreen like this.
  13. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

I think that's a good suggestion, thanks. I'll do that.

RiseToGreatness and PowerfulSRE like this.
  14. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

Day 3 of my current streak it is, then.

60 days into this Nofap thing, and really feeling myself growing. Longest streak so far 56 days. Glad to share this with you!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  15. RyugaLdrago

RyugaLdrago Fapstronaut

16. Haddock

Haddock Fapstronaut

Congratulations ! :)

RiseToGreatness and PowerfulSRE like this.
  17. Haddock

Haddock Fapstronaut

Happy new year guys ! I hope this year will be a year of improvement and success for you !

Started Challenges August 21, 2019
    Longest streak 147 days
    Current Challenge 78/90 no PMO

Not that easy those days. Many temptations. Only 12 days left, I can do it !

Habits made: wake up early, pray my chaplet
    Habit to make: schedule the day

18. Arnaldo Castro

Arnaldo Castro Fapstronaut

19. koslov

koslov Fapstronaut

67/90 I have completely different problems now. At new year party I met a girl and she wants us together. Messages are common.
    I'm just not ready to have any girlfriend yet. And she's not my type either. Creepy situation for me. What to do?