1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What book are you reading?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Xexos

Xexos Fapstronaut

Well, that's the point. Those different "versions", not even one of them belongs to the messiah himself and they've been altered many times due to the cultural and civilization change over the course of centuries has done a massive impact and influence on Christianity and the Bible. Even the Christmas that's going on nowadays was originally a Roman pagan religious tradition, the trinity is also not originally Christian. Old Egyptian religion, Buddhism, Pagan Roman religions, Judaism (after it's also been changed), etc, all left their touch on the current Bible.

It's scientifically and historically proven that the Bible been changed and even many Popes and Priests have admitted it before, it's not a criticism or a conspiracy, it's plain truth that everyone has always known since the middle ages. Also, the over 100 contradiction in the bible and the massive amount of conflicting stories is sufficient to make sure that it's been changed.

You might be asking, why then the Quran has not changed? It's for two reasons, Allah promised that it will never change : (15:9) As regards this Admonition, it is We Who have sent it down, and We Ourself will preserve it. *6

People saved the Quran in their memories and hearts since it's been sent to them, that's why it couldn't have been changed since it wasn't just written on paper.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  2. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Show me where The Bible has old Egyptian or pagan influences. For Judaism, is normal . Jesus came for the jew first, Judaism is basically the old alliance. The Jews were chosen to be God’s people but by Jesus we all now God’s people. As for Christmas, I know about that, that why most Christians these days don’t even celebrate it. I recognize that early Roman Christianity was influenced by Roman pageantry (Jesus and Mary was influenced by Minerva, Mary as « the mediator » is not theologically correct). So yeah Christianity as a whole has been influenced by different culture of people of their time , but the Bible is universal. The Old Testament is the Torah, and you can find archeological proof of the NT. The Bible has been proved as the oldest book with accuracy (97-99%). They are many versions, so they are also fake and misleading Bible, which is quite obvious.

3. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Can you tell me some contradictions you found please ? Also which priest or pope ? I don’t recognize pope as leader, and most of popes has been insults for my God.

4. Xexos

Xexos Fapstronaut

Check this, although this doesn't even cover the actual amount of Contradictions in the bible, but it's a good example.

5. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Ah bro, For real, I don’t want to start a theological discussion here (I’m not theologician) . I never heard about a lake of fire on the Bible (maybe hell). Also that does not mean that the Bible took it from it if they have a similar thing. The flood is also found on The Epic of Gilgamesh, but that does mean the Bible take it from that? No I don’t think so.

6. CodeTalker

CodeTalker Fapstronaut

What you call contradiction is deeply linked to the language itself and how we use to relate history. It’s not our present culture but many if not all can be explained. you can’t judge a book that is few thousands years old (!!) like a modern novel.
    Some contradictions cited in the video aren’t even contradictions, the guy just didn’t bother getting deeply in the Bible. But it’s pure theology. I don’t want to get my books out to answer at each.
    I’m just gonna say that the Bible isn’t a simple recollection of all events in the past. There is an intention behind. Things like historical accuracy aren’t as important as in our history books today. Sometime a number can be changed if it has more signification. Feel weird now, but the Bible is old.

One thing is sure, the most important part of the Bible about the salvation by Jesus Christ are unaltered and many scripts can confirm. And if there was only one truth to remember, it would be that one.

jk243 and Deleted Account like this.
  7. Urint

Urint New Fapstronaut

I have read L.Tolstoy - Resurestion

8. yourhomieishere

yourhomieishere Fapstronaut

I'm reading Star Wars: The Force Awakens the Novel. It's really good!!! I like how it's basically an extended epic cut of the movie. There's new scenes and more "flashbacks" to characters past lives through their thoughts, and it's a fun read.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. EdricKr

EdricKr Distinguished Fapstronaut

Just finished "Why Materialism is Baloney". The author makes the strongest case I've seen for Panpsychism - the idea that the underlying nature of reality (underneath quarks) is consciousness. BTW, the "materialism" here is the idea that reality consists of physical things and nothing else. (It's not about being obsessed with shopping).

Also, the "Slough House" series of thrillers by Mick Herron.

Currently reading "Conscious" by Annika Harris. She has a remarkable take on this subject. Really enjoying it.

In the queue: The Quran. Several books by Tibetan Buddhist masters. "Our Mathematical Universe" by the physicist Max Tegmark. "The Feeling of Life Itself". I read Kristof Koch's earlier book on the the neural correlates of consciousness. This book makes the argument that consciousness cannot be computed. Both Tegmark and Koch are hard-core scientists - I'm looking forward to reading their more speculative thoughts about the nature of reality.

10. CodeTalker

CodeTalker Fapstronaut

That’s not the kind of reading you do before going to sleep :D

EdricKr likes this.
  11. Laws of Human Nature by Robert Greene
    then I'll be reading the rest of his books after this one such as
    33 strategies of war
    48 laws of power
    the art of seduction
    the 50th law (he wrote this one with 50 cent)
    then last but not least, Mastery

I read them all before like 5 times but hell why not 6

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2020
  12. Last Book: Jon Krakauer - Into Thin Air
    Actual Book: Simenon - Mare nostrum ou La Méditerranée en goélette
    Next Book: Fritz Steuben - Mississipi Saga (Don't know the name in English)

13. MarckoRay8

MarckoRay8 New Fapstronaut

"Monk who sold his Ferreri"
    "An experienced woman gives advice"

14. EdricKr

EdricKr Distinguished Fapstronaut

I thought you were kidding... but they are two interesting looking choices...

15. Last Book: Walden, Thoreau
    Actual Book: Pensieri, Marco Aurelio
    Next Book: Unknow, Rapsodia Mediterranea Simone Perotti (unsure)

16. Navier

Navier Fapstronaut

Reading "The Time Traveler's Wife". It's a very pecuiliar romance with sci-fi elements. Really loving it though I'm warning my fellow fapstronauts it can be somewhat triggering at times haha

En?gma likes this.
  17. maxmayer

maxmayer Fapstronaut

Arch of Triumph and Book Thief by Zusak. I had new aims while reading a book, like looking for good quotes, life situation wich I can use for my study. I used gpalabs to mix my own ideas and Zusak book's plot. Book Thief is absolutely amazing book as for me and almost every quote from there is unique.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    En?gma likes this.
  18. Current read: The Lying Game, by Ruth Ware.

I haven't really felt like reading much lately, though, so it's taking me a while to get into the story.

En?gma likes this.
  19. You Can Read Anyone (Never Be Fooled, Lied To, or Taken Advantage of Again)
    David J. Lieberman

A former CIA operative tells you how to cold read people. I need to read this book because I want to be able to persuade anyone and read others intentions. Knowledge is power, but your power comes from not fapping. No more docile, nice guy. Time to suit up.

Navier likes this.
  20. pisces star

pisces star Fapstronaut

Don’t bet dude ... Quran is the only book on this planet which is as it is as it was 1400 years ago, Many researchers did their research on this but no body found any single clue of distortion, no editing, no new version, no new edition so first correct your knowledge, don’t relay on false propaganda... and one more thing please try to read Quran at least once in your life! Then you will find reality....