1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lebanon

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Daggertail19, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Daggertail19

Daggertail19 Fapstronaut

Why is the world so fucked up? When I was a few years younger, all I could think about was making money and being filthy rich. I would have dreams of driving fancy cars, having a big fancy house, and being able to buy what I want when I want. While that is still a thought in my mind, money is becoming less and less important to me. What is more important to me? Living a healthy, happy life with my friends and family and caring for the people I hold dear to me. But it all comes back to money. Life is so much easier with that greedy green paper.

I am a 22 year old male, and my parents are both from Lebanon. Growing up, I was fortunate enough to be blessed with the ability to travel, and going to visit my family in Lebanon was my favorite place to go. I even conisdered moving there once when I was younger, but I was naive and did not truly understand what I wanted and still dont fully understand. I am currently writing this post in Dubai, visiting my family for winter break before I have to go back to college in northern California. Lately I have been thinking, why are countries like Lebanon so corrupted? Why can't the government just see that their people are suffering and choose to make a difference in their lifestyle? Once again, it all comes back to money and who can have the bigger piece of the pie.

It's depressing to know there is nothing that I can do. There is nothing that I can do to help the poor innocent women and children who are suffering to make ends meet. It's depressing to know there is nothing I can do to make even the small country of Lebanon that I love a better palce. 90% of my family reside in Lebanon, and even though we talk to them often and know they are staying positive in such terrible times, I know they are struggling. Struggling to find jobs, feed their families, fight for their country, struggling to stay sane in such a corrupt country.

The world is a dark place, coming to this realization is tough.

2. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Really?
    Look at all the people who believe in God.

Do you think anyone would believe in him if this world was a struggle-free place?

The act of prayer is inherently selfish, although religion blurs this association by allowing its subjects to pray for others.

As far as human comprehension is concerned, religion is the perfect human construct to oppose hardship.

The day my parents explained to me about God was the day I realized what man cannot face, he will hide from, be it at the cost of reason, sanity or rationality.

The day nobody believes in God will either be the best or the worst day in human history.

That's all I'll say on the matter.

3. Yes brother. It is what it is.
    We wouldn't be around to witness it though, what a bummer!

CTRL + DEL likes this.
  4. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Let's hope so!

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Who can know for sure? One theory I've heard is people in authority let their friends off because they don't want their friends to have legal troubles.

That's unlikely to happen. People tend to always think up a God they believe in.

6. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Not if there are no people to begin with.
    That's why i said "human history".