1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Anime and Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by jk243, Aug 10, 2019.

1. slavichavoc

slavichavoc Fapstronaut

I'd imagine you also like vagabond from what I see. Wish it could've been finished.
    As for me mine are
    - Boku to Issho
    - Shamo
    - Kokou no Hito
    - Grappler Baki
    - Aiki
    - Mustard Chocolate
    - Hakumei & Mikochi
    - Neko Musume Michikusa Nikki

2. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

You
    you have particular state I only watch Baki

slavichavoc likes this.
  3. Shonen/romance/fantasy

jk243 likes this.
  4. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

I’m reading Kingdom for now, up to 121 chapters and It is good so far. Love the historical contest and also the characters.

Deleted Account and slavichavoc like this.
  5. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

From what I remember, it was because nobody in Kenji's group remembered who the Second Friend was. When Fukubei created his own group, there was a fourth member by the name of Katsumata and he was the Second Friend.

6. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

That problably explained it all. That manga is a masterpiece and stand alongside with Monster and Death note when you talk about a thriller manga (anime)

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  7. One Eyed Owl

Have you ever read Akira?

8. Mr_Pepe

Mr_Pepe Fapstronaut

While i do enjoy anime and manga myself, i can't ignore the fact that it has a really destructive and toxic atmosfere (perhaps for its japanese origin), it is possible to try to become a better person while you still enjoy those stories, but the repetition of those messages of nihilism and hatred (what we call being edgy) can, even in the case of a work of fiction, create bad patterns in your head.

One interesting thing that makes me think about the possible "dangers" of anime is that of my friends, the ones who watch anime tend to be much more insecure and defeatist than the other ones, even myself. I don't really know the cause-effect relation, but the repetition of patterns between completely unrelated groups of people smells kinda fishy to me.

9. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Heard about it but never really got interested. Is it about a boy who just goes against the whole world and it kinda futuristic ?

10. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Uh personally I never met a person feeling down or low because of an anime . Indeed they were mangas and animes that makes me feel strong and confident . For sure the manga and anime community is toxic but IDK if it causes someone to be defeatist or feeling low ...

11. One Eyed Owl

Kinda of, Akira more focus on two friends named Kaneda and Tetsuo. The military find out that Tetsuo is actually a espers, who has very unstable telekinetic powers. They take him to try to tame his powers, but Tetsuo finds out that there is a similar child to him and that child was the one who destroy Tokyo. I would really recommend Akira, it one of the greatest manga that I have ever read.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

I saw the anime version of it ... Legendary

Deleted Account and One Eyed Owl like this.
  13. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Mob psycho 100 is on my top 3 already

14. Mr.Reaper

Mr.Reaper Fapstronaut

Hi there everyone.
    Quick quastion. Can you list me a a number of anime, that are considering a must watch classic?
    I watch i few, but i wonder, is there something i missing?

15. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Death note
    Hunter x hunter
    Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
    Monster
    Slam dunk
    Hajime no ippo
    Cowboy bepop
    Mob psycho 100
    Naruto (just the first one)
    Trigun
    Stein gate
    Gintama

16. One Eyed Owl

Cowboy Bebop
    Steins Gate
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Naoki Urasawa's Monster
    Death Note
    Clannad
    Made In Abyss

jk243 likes this.
  17. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_imagesETRIBGG6.jpg

18. Femi

Femi Fapstronaut

In all seriousness, when is Hunter X Hunter coming back! Such a great anime. Great plot, character development. It has it all.

Mr.Reaper likes this.
  19. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Watching it rn, it really good so far. Nothing has been officially said now about the return.

20. verbeek75

verbeek75 Fapstronaut

Do you have a genre preference, there is so much differences

one piece, bleach, inuyasa, naruto, trigun, samurai champloo, cowboy bebop, fullmetal alchamisy ( both versions, but brothergood considered better) Hunter x hunter ( both versions good), evangelion, Code Geass
    others have named these already and a bunch of others and those are good too

here are a few others in no particular order

re: zero, Blue exorsist, the seven deadly sins, assasination classroom, Spice and wolf, Natsume book of friends, Rurouni Kenshin (samurai X) and the ova´s

Funny: Konosuba, GTO, tenchi Muyo, Seitokai yakuindomo, golden boy, Kenichi, history stronges disciple

sports: shokugeki no souma, Hajime no ippo, Haikyuu, major, slam dunk, kuroko no basket, yowamushi pedal, ace of diamonds, touch, cross game, eyeshield 21, prince of tennis, Initial D

story: shigatsu wa kimi no uso, Angel Beats, Nodame cantible, bakuman, 3 gatsu no lion, kimi no todoke, clannad and clannad after story
    legend of the galactic heroes (there is a remake going on now (sci fi political)

bloody but good: Elfen lied, Black lagoon and OVA, Vinland saga

And there are so many many more good series

And few random movies
    Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro, laputa castle in the sky, my neighbour totoro, spirited away, nausicaa in the valley of the wind, Howl´s moving Castle, a silent voice, your name, barefoot gen, princess mononoke, grave of the fireflies, akira

Krillin1993 and Protagonist like this.