1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Haircut

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Fullyawake, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

I’ve been away from work for 5 weeks and I’m going back in two days.

In that time I’ve grown my hair and I really like it. I’m sure there will be pressure about it, but I’m kinda prepared to keep it anyway.

On top of this is the family talk of “when are you getting a haircut?” You all know the drill - longer hair looks more unprofessional, blah blah.

But I feel like at least I should be able to have this - something that makes me happier. Especially as the days can be long grinds.

But then the work environment may be more stressful because of their commentary.

What are your thoughts?

2. butcher

butcher New Fapstronaut

If you like it as it is, you can try to just keep it for some time and see how it goes. You can get a haircut at any time you want. But ultimately you shouldn't care too much about what other people think. Also, most likely there will be someone who comes in your defense because he/she thinks your hair looks better this way.

If after explaining the situation and everything else fails, you can still look for a longer haircut. Try going to a different barber and tell him that you want your hair longer, or how is it that you want it.

3. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

I think you’re right. I’ll read their reactions tomorrow and then I’ll make my judgement call. In an ideal world I wouldn’t cut it, and I shouldn’t have to worry about this. If I do get a cut it could be for the ends, and nothing too drastic.

4. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    go strong an grow that hair i usually tap out on the 3rd month the peer pressure is strong on my end lol

5. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

Especially when you’re in a job that’s somewhat important.

6. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    you can put your long hair up in a bun a man bun its a trend right now

7. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

You are over 30 man. Do what you want with your hair. If there is a certain neatness required at work, just put it in a pony tail or whatever. And well done on 88 days! :)

Fullyawake likes this.
  8. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

Ha, I wouldn’t do that. Thanks for the reply though!

Thanks, it means a lot. I have mental challenges with day to day life (looking for love and such) but I’m pushing on. And yeah, I totally get agree in theory. I think this is part of my journey in terms of being me.

9. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yeah, exactly! Don't forget the words under the big NOFAP heading at the top of each page: Get a new grip on life.

Fullyawake likes this.