1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and older accountability, Group 2

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by persona2903, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Monkey Monko

Monkey Monko Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group

Espi1971 likes this.
  2. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Excellent names, congrats! In order to differentiate each prize, we could give each one a different icon / concept:

:emoji_crown: 1 year Crown of Victory
    :emoji_ring: 2 years Ring of Self Restraint
    :emoji_mortar_board: 5 years Bachelor in Self Freedom (Graduation)

3. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Hi, I just added you to the waiting list. If you wish I will keep you there until a place is made, it may be very soon.

4. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

You were added to the waiting list. While waiting for a vacancy, you can also read the posts and interact with the members!

5. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

@CraigAB
    It's official: you are already part of this accountability group! Please tell us something about yourself.
    Welcome!

Espi1971 likes this.
  6. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

@newtry we haven't known about you for a while, how's it going friend?

Espi1971 and newtry like this.
  7. newtry

newtry Fapstronaut

hey, I'm fine, how have you been? I have been somewhat absent because I am not using the cell phone and the computer. Only the least. So I avoid temptations. The last times the urges were unbearable

8. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

How glad for that! I am fine, thank God, the last days the passionate desires were low and when they went up they stayed within a safety margin.
    Is the strategy of using cell phone and PC to a minimum working well for you?
    I hope you remain strong and victorious!

Espi1971, newtry and RightEffort like this.
  9. Monkey Monko

Monkey Monko Fapstronaut

I am willing to wait guys, to join this group! Glad to have found buddies!

persona2903 and RightEffort like this.
  10. Monkey Monko

Monkey Monko Fapstronaut

You are innocently looking through a news magazine at the barber shop awaiting your turn when—bang!—there is a scantily-clad woman in the "Arts" section. Turn the page quickly; then fire your missile: pray for some specific thing that will hurt the enemy's kingdom, or repeat a passage of Scripture that you have memorized. You could pray for your wife and God's work in her life, for your children, for humanity, whatever. You could quote verses that will strengthen your resolve to live a life of purity. Just use the temptation as a reminder to do something specific that will hurt the Tempter. The payoff? Lust may leave you alone after a while because it doesn't want to risk getting shot at!

persona2903 and RightEffort like this.
  11. Monkey Monko

Monkey Monko Fapstronaut

Is it ok to post some quotes like this?

12. Love it! So cool :D

13. Member ranking as of 28/2/2025:
    1. persona2903 : 2025 :emoji_trophy: :emoji_medal::emoji_ring::emoji_mortar_board:
    2. Parad0x : 1925 :emoji_trophy::emoji_medal::emoji_crown: :emoji_ring::emoji_mortar_board:
    3. newtry : 1825 :emoji_trophy::emoji_medal::emoji_crown: :emoji_ring::emoji_mortar_board:
    4. teece : 1825 :emoji_trophy::emoji_medal::emoji_crown: :emoji_ring::emoji_mortar_board:
    5. Espi1971 : 1825 :emoji_trophy::emoji_medal::emoji_crown: :emoji_ring::emoji_mortar_board:
    6. Arnuld : 1825 :emoji_trophy::emoji_medal::emoji_crown: :emoji_ring::emoji_mortar_board:
    7. RightEffort : 1825 :emoji_trophy::emoji_medal::emoji_crown: :emoji_ring::emoji_mortar_board:
    8. The Real JokeErr : 1825 :emoji_trophy::emoji_medal::emoji_crown: :emoji_ring::emoji_mortar_board:
    9. Paf-On : 1825:emoji_trophy::emoji_medal::emoji_crown: :emoji_ring::emoji_mortar_board:

Snapshot of the Vision of The Future!!!! :D

persona2903, Espi1971 and ANewFocus like this.
  14. Yes as long as it you feel can help us :)

persona2903 likes this.
  15. Update, At work I was faced with 3 new girls at our work, they are dressed supper revealing and beautiful,

I started to to use the line i learned from this new book i'm learning from on Bramacharya - which is about transforming the love for sex for love for God.

So I the minute I noticed it i turned my eyes and prayed for the capacity to see them as sisters and without lust and to realize however beautiful and soft they may look now, when they are angry or upset and bitchy they look not very appealing, and how they are subject to disease and old age like myself, but the realization of God is eternal and his grace is my sufficiency and I can drink from His joy without needing this appearance to fulfill me

And These prayers are working for me, I'm able to relate without lust and remaining humble and needy for His grace.

Monkey Monko likes this.
  16. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I am sorry guys. I keep slipping and my behavior is getting worse. I used my work computer. I have been so busy at work this week and so stressed that I haven’t meditated, been as active here. I need to take care of myself and be vigilant always.

Espi1971 likes this.
  17. Nila_S

Nila_S New Fapstronaut

Any news about vacancies in the group ? Feeling good about this and would love to also have access to the community.

Espi1971 likes this.
  18. Its all good man this is all part of the process - the minute you realize you are side tracked just try to get back to it, don't beat yourself up or get stuck in self pitty bro - what is the one thing you can do today to bring you back to harmoeny and self care?

Espi1971 likes this.
  19. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I am doing some spiritual reading, Mark Nepo’s Finding Inner Courage. It’s a great book.

RightEffort likes this.
  20. Monkey Monko

Monkey Monko Fapstronaut

Awesome! The way to go!!

RightEffort likes this.