1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

30 Day Healthy Food Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Philosophical_Dad, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Philosophical_Dad

Philosophical_Dad Fapstronaut

Got another one on Sat (treat day) but not quite yesterday.

0/7

2. Philosophical_Dad

3. No Sugar
    No Junk Food
    Low Carb <30 g
    Day 2

Philosophical_Dad likes this.
  4. Philosophical_Dad

5. Philosophical_Dad

6. Philosophical_Dad

7. Philosophical_Dad

8. Philosophical_Dad

I'm back! Instead of aiming for a streak, I think I'll try something different: I'll keep a running tally of the fraction of days I've met my goals. I'll start tomorrow.

9. Fomo Sapiens

Fomo Sapiens Fapstronaut

Seems reasonable. It's also kinder on slip-ups - much harder to get a perfect streak than to aim for 90% consistency.

I think I'll join. I've been eating healthy from 10th March with the odd cheat day, less than once a week. In the past, I've found that the stricter the parameters, the harder it is to remember what I'm supposed to eat, and supposed to avoid... and therefore the less likely I am to stick to it over the long term. My partner is far less stringent about stuff like this and seems to eat better than me as a result. I think it's because I come from a long line of engineers and mathematicians: I crave precision!

I'm doing my best to avoid being too picky and precise. My parameters are simply to eat healthy and drink 2 litres of water a day (just my 500ml bottle refilled 4 times). Here is my daily meal plan at the moment - virtually the same every day:

Breakfast. Banana and blueberry smoothie
    (Banana, handful of blueberries, 2 tbsp. oats, 250ml oat milk, 2 tbsp. peanut butter)

Mid-morning. Apple and 100g Huel

Lunch. Healthy, fresh soup and two slices wholemeal bread

Mid-afternoon. Yoghurt and 100g Huel

Dinner. Fish or vegetarian protein, quinoa or other healthy grains, pea shoots or other salad

Evening. 20g of dark chocolate

Soup tends to be something like tomato and lentil, mushroom, sweet potato and squash, etc. Whatever is in the shops. I also allow myself two cups of tea with one tsp of sugar in each. Only having coffee once a week (Wednesday is coffee day!). I've read enough diet books to know what healthy eating looks like. So I will trust my instincts if it comes to varying this day-to-day. But in the limit, I hope to only move this in a healthier direction or add calories as I get stronger. I could imagine having eggs included for breakfast or more vegetables or salad in my lunch.

10. Philosophical_Dad

Welcome! Very cool meal plan. Have you ever tried adding some greens to your smoothie? If you add a small enough amount, you'll hardly taste them.

1/1

Sputnik I likes this.
  11. Fomo Sapiens

Fomo Sapiens Fapstronaut

I used to add spirulina, but my favourite store doesn't sell it any more :( I sometimes do a frozen mango and spinach smoothie though!

12. Philosophical_Dad

13. Fomo Sapiens

Fomo Sapiens Fapstronaut

Nice work! Is it getting easier with practice?

Day 18 here.

14. Philosophical_Dad

3/6

[Treat day on Sat. 3/28]

Although it doesn't look like I'm improving, I do think doing it more makes it easier to keep doing it. It's just that other events in my life have a bigger effect. Basically, the coronavirus situation has really jacked up my stress levels and that makes it harder for me to self-regulate. I haven't gone nuts on junk. My biggest issue has been binging on the internet, especially coronavirus info. I really need to work on the "no screen" challenge I'm trying to do.

Sputnik I likes this.
  15. Philosophical_Dad

3/7

Not quite enough veg yesterday.

16. Philosophical_Dad

17. Fomo Sapiens

Fomo Sapiens Fapstronaut

Same. Though I'm getting some veg at lunch and dinner, and fruit at breakfast, I think I could do with more of the dark green leafy vegetables that I know my body craves. So I'm tempted to replace my shop-bought soup with some homemade kale and mushroom soup. Though I can't abandon the thick slices of toast with big dollops of butter just yet :D While I want to be healthy, I'm also trying to put on weight/muscle. Need to keep the calories up.

18. Philosophical_Dad

19. Philosophical_Dad

Yeah, now that I'm eating with a 20 month-old, it's harder to eat dark, leafy greens. She'll eat a little broccoli or cauliflower but we can't make those things central to the dishes we cook or else she wouldn't eat them and we don't have time to make separate meals for her and mom and dad. I mostly get greens from my smoothie. When I'm really on my game, I'll include a serving of pre-washed, pre-chopped broccoli florets with my morning snack.

20. Philosophical_Dad

The kale and mushroom soup sounds amazing.