1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Kettlebells purchase

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by BillyBobBoBoBo, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Hey I want to purchase a kettlebell for my girlfriend and I to use for a more effective cardio sessions. Looking around but they all seem to be going for prices over the 100s for a more effective weight of over 10 kg and double digits for single digits kettlebells. So I wanted to ask if there are places online to get an effective weight for a reasonable price?

2. Kettlebells are insanely expensive in my area too. I don't see any reason to buy them over dumbbells for this very reason.

If you really wanna buy them, get them from some gym that's selling used ones. My friend got a few from a gym owner closing his business. But it may not be possible and might take you a lot of searching.

BillyBobBoBoBo likes this.
  3. Yeah I would but because of recent events I can’t go to any physical gym to get them, as trying to m online, which seem to be more fairly priced ones would be in America https://www.strongfirst.com/product-category/kettlebells/

which would be hard as I live in the UK

Or sold out https://phoenix-fitness.com/collections/free-weights

Well I guess why I want to get them as hearing it’s an effective way to do Cardio in a short amount of time.

4. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

The thing with ordering exercise gear online is, the gear itself is expensive but then you often have to pay for shipping which can double (or more) the price. With most shipping charged by weight, obviously it's going to get real spendy, real fast. Unfortunately with the current circumstances you're not going to be able to just walk into a secondhand sporting goods shop or meet up with someone from Craigslist to buy used gear and I'm not sure that would be wise right now even if you could. Maybe you have something around the house that could be substituted for a kettlebell? For example a full gallon jug (US) of water weighs about 8.4 lbs / 3.8 kg.

BillyBobBoBoBo likes this.
  5. Yeah at the moment I haven’t got anything for a good substitute a kettle bell. Yeah that makes sense with shipping, not like adjustable dumbbells as either as it’s a bigger item as well.