1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Where to take the girl on the first date?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by embodiment of luck, Apr 9, 2020.

1. embodiment of luck

embodiment of luck Fapstronaut

I was thinking in normal circumstances where would you take someone you like
    When this epidemic ends we will have more option to go, but in general is there some place that is great for that kind of stuff? Today I was thinking about it and one good idea came to me that could work nicely, take her to puppy store. Sounds funny
    but i think something like that would work like a charm.
    Share your tips and experiences

2. That would be cute :) I think it depends on the girl and what she likes. I feel like the best dates are the ones planned for the specific person and what they enjoy. Like if they're shy and introverted, they might feel special and like you really know them well if you made up some kind of stay-at-home picnic and a movie or craft or something, if they like that sort of thing.

I think tailoring the date to the specific person is much better and more special than just coming up with an awesome date idea that anybody would like.

3. Huga

Huga Fapstronaut

I remember last year I took my girlfriend for the first date on highlands along the road. The view of mountains was magnificent. Somewhere away from crowd and people. will be nice experience on its own

ToMMy.H, Deleted Account and | Nico | like this.
  4. AntiqueRevolverGuy

AntiqueRevolverGuy Fapstronaut

Something simple would be the best bet if they're introverted.
    People are people, so it shouldn't be too hard to come up with something, so long as you two don't get along awfully.

FishBoy24 and Deleted Account like this.
  5. I've never been on a date myself but I can offer a psychological trick that might come in handy. :emoji_smile:

If you can, try to add in some sort of thrilling activity. Maybe you can go to an amusement park and ride roller coasters or perhaps you can go to a movie theater and watch a scary movie. Anything that can get some adrenaline pumping through your veins. People tend to feel more attracted to someone after they just went through an exhilarating activity.

There was an interesting study done on this. Two groups of men were placed into different situations. One group walked across a low and sturdy bridge while the other group walked across a high and shaky bridge. Afterwards, they met a woman who asked a series of questions before giving the men her phone number. The group of men who walked across the high and shaky bridge were more likely to call the number and ask her out on a date.

Here's the link if you're curious. :emoji_slight_smile:
    https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/psysociety/fear-and-love-on-a-shaky-bridge/

Of course, this works if your date is open to the idea of doing thrilling activities.

6. Huga

Huga Fapstronaut

Hmmm that's interesting:emoji_wink:

7. domsi

domsi Fapstronaut

dont plan first dates, theres no point to that. if you plan it out completely, she will think youre needy and clingy and run away. just go for a walk in a park, people love nature, and you will see things that might give you topics to talk about. also, dont stay in one place all of the time, it gets really boring. change locations. be spontaneous, if you see something cool, do it, like walking through a park and then going to a little amuesement park if there is one. also, dont spent money on her on the first date. if shes a golddigger, that will turn her away, if shes a regular girl, she wont be bothered. buying an icecream for her is cool, but dont take her to some expensive restaurant. gl hf

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  8. Fork2323

Fork2323 Fapstronaut

The purpose of the 1st date is Not to seduce her, charm her, or win her over so you can have sex with her. The Purpose of the 1st date is to find out who she is and if she is worthy of Your time and energy.
    You are the prize, you are the king, she has to prove her value to you. In the 1st date make it light and polite, dont spend a lot of money on a fancy dinner as it might be the only time you see her. It is a fact finding mission. Is she a crazy person? A drug addict? Hates her dad and thus has deep seated daddy issues that will then get projected onto you? Maybe she is married and has 3 kids or is dating multiple other guys right now. Maybe she is kook? Or a Trump supporter and you are a Democrat, or visa-versa, would that work for you? Maybe she has bad breath, or stinky feet, or has a potty mouth and no class or weird ideas.. Maybe she is looking for a husband and wants to have kids asap and you don't want that right now thus wasting her time.. Maybe she is a Harry Potter freak and its all she wants to talk about all the time.. And you just dropped $50-$100 on dinner and realized you never want to see this person again.

Just go to lunch or for coffee and then take a walk and chat and get to know each other and keep it short.. Maybe 1-2hrs max. Tell her up front you have plans afterwards and can only meet for an hour or so.
    Remember, the point of a 1st date is not to get her hooked on you so you can get her panties off. The point is to find out who she is and if she is worth your time to go on a 2nd date. There are a lot of wackos out there. Weeding them out 1st is really worth it. Plus it will make her like you more if you actually get to know her, and you keeping it short leaves her wanting more..

dolphingambler and frunkysoul like this.
  9. Um... I totally disagree with that. I think it's the sweetest thing ever when a guy takes the time to actually plan a date. It means he cares. Going on a date with a guy who's like "so, what do you wanna do? Doesn't matter to me." makes me feel like he hasn't given any thought at all to the date and it doesn't mean anything to him.

So yeah. Not all women are the same.

Anakin66 likes this.
  10. embodiment of luck

I agree with you, but almost always it is easy to see if a women is crazy, insane or damaged. I can often see it at a glance without her saying a word, for example, if she has a piercing, a tattoo, dyed hair in a strange color
    then she is probably a woman not for marriage, other non-physical signs are if she talks openly about her sexual experiences, if she has had many partners, if she is drama queen, only talks negatively about her ex, has a bad relationship with her parents, smokes weed or something like that, does not want children or family... Those are all red flags for me, and normal girl is easy to recognize, so I'm not so worried about stepping into explosive so much as I used to be.

11. domsi

domsi Fapstronaut

i come from a country where 90% of people claim to be catholic, and im gonna be honest with you, most girls i meet have atleast one of those red flags youve mentioned. i agree that a couple of them are bad, but you should be aware of the fact that youre highly limiting your market, and that the girls you want to choose have the same right to be as picky as you are.

12. domsi

domsi Fapstronaut

are you really 32 years old? and where are you from if i may ask?

13. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

This seems like a very narcissistic view on the purpose of your first date. Of course you want to get to know her, but you are not going to determine all of that on a first date.
    While, I believe you should be confident, thinking that she needs to prove herself valuable is self destructive.

It's a two way street. You are both humans who will undoubtedly have personal baggages. Part of the dating process is to check for compatibility despite some of those baggages. No one is perfect.

You already have an interest in this girl. Your first date will be something you'll both remember if you start a successful relationship. You should definitely put some thought into it, but don't go over the top. It's doesn't have to be a long date either.

Perhaps a 1 hr rendez-vous at a café. Let the conversation flow naturally. Strive to be a good listener and be very attentive. Then see how it goes from there. Don't overthink the situation.

liujc, domsi and Deleted Account like this.
  14. embodiment of luck

I agree with you that most women have become the way there are, and I believe it is due to lukewarm upbringing, lack of discipline, influence of the media, divorces, promiscuity and so on. It is not always that reason but i think that's the case for most. I think its not bad to be picky (to a healthy degree) and yes I do agree that they have the right to be picky as I am, It is their right. This red flags are a good indicator for me that something is wrong with a woman and you have to think ahead about who will raise your child, some women who has body piercing all over her face and tattoos,
    doesn't sound promising to me

15. embodiment of luck

I do not upload accurate information on the Internet, and I am from Europe

16. embodiment of luck

well it can be helpful to think of your self as a prize but don't go over the top with this mindset hhahah

17. You're of course free to have your own views, but man I find it weird that you keep talking about tattoos and piercings as if they are the mark of a terrible person or something. That seems rather judgemental to me. I've met some incredibly sweet, loving people who adore their kids and raise them well, and they are covered in tattoos and piercings. Not everyone who likes tattoos is a bad person who hates kids or something.

18. embodiment of luck

I heve never said that they are terrible people, I'm trying to say that I don't believe that that kind of person would be a desirable influence on the child, nor I would feel comfortable being with such a person. Hypothetically speaking I would be disappointed if my daughter or son were tattooed or pierced, if that was the case you will start to worried about them on the simple things like what kind of job,partner, friend will they attract. Appearance is important and it can go against you or it can give you slide edge.

19. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

This! 100% agree.

Lunch or coffee is what you do with friends, that's not the vibe you what to show to her. Go out in the evening to have some drinks and have fun is a better way to go.

Another important thing to discover in the first date is if the girl is interested in us. If she is not, not matter how much we like her, is going to be a waist of time and money to go out with her again.
    You have to read her body language to know she is into you and always go for the kiss, if you like her, before the end of the date. If she kiss you back is a good sign and she deserves a 2nd date, if she gives you the cheek she is probably not interested in you or is holding back, witch is also a red flag, and she don´t deserve a 2nd date.

20. domsi

domsi Fapstronaut

lol dont always go in for a kiss? do it if you feel like she would like it and if it feels appropriate, and judge that objectively, not just because you would like to. furthermore, what kind of dumbass judgment is this with her "deserving a second date if she kisses you back"? and how is holding back a red flag? you sound like your only goal is to get laid, which doesnt seem to be the OPs goal.

also, dont openly jugdge women infront of her, people dont feel comfortable when somebody is so openly negative towards others. you wouldnt want to spent time with someone who speaks negatively of people he doesnt know just because of their appearance. it brings negative energy into the date, and she could become very deffensive, which is the opposite of what a good date looks like. you can have your opinions, but dont just list them out on the first date, huge moodkiller.