1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Myers Briggs Personality Type

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by NoFapChrist, May 19, 2015.

1. NoFapChrist

NoFapChrist New Fapstronaut

I've searched briefly and seen a couple user's MBTI (Myer-Briggs) personality type and I am curious to see more results. Some will be already familiar with the test. I think we'll see a correlation here. Lots of introverted people I am guessing!

Here's a link to take the test: http://www.mypersonality.info/test-personality/

I am an INTP btw!

2. BlackCoffee_

BlackCoffee_ Fapstronaut

I'm an INTJ
    I was actually wondering about the personality types on here, I like the fact that you made a post on it.
    It would actually be quite interesting to know of the personality types, I assume as well, that the majority of us here would be introverts.
    More people should do the test. It really helps you learn alot about yourself

zero01 and NoFapChrist like this.
  3. Bale

Bale Fapstronaut

I did the test a few times in the past and the result has not changed, I am still an ENTJ.

This type of test can be interesting to a degree but I prefer to be wary of interpretations and generalizations.

zero01, Moxie and BlackCoffee_ like this.
  4. BlackCoffee_

BlackCoffee_ Fapstronaut

ENTJ's are the most fascinating ones to me. They're usually bold people with great minds, we have similar personality types apart from that introvert/extrovert trait.

zero01 likes this.
  5. Strugglesaurus

Strugglesaurus Fapstronaut

INFP, though I think it's easy to answer the questions based on how you'd like to be rather than how you are. I used to be really interested in personality tests like this one. Awaiting more postings. :)

Dan1 and BlackCoffee_ like this.
  6. Moxie

Moxie Fapstronaut

Personalities change, environmental factors have a big influence. I was a diplomat and a few years later a sentinel/protector.

7. Bale

Bale Fapstronaut

Addictions make it impossible to express the full potential of your personality, whichever type you belong to. I know I am capable of great things when I stay clean, but the rest of the time I feel completely worthless. Is that something others can relate to?

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. BlackCoffee_

BlackCoffee_ Fapstronaut

http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

That test is far more detailed and varying, If you want more reassurance on what personality type you are, that's the one to do.

@Bale You are right, addictions do make it impossible to achieve your full potential. This interest only came about when i started my NoFap journey, I wanted to learn more about myself and in turn develop myself into a better person. You are not worthless man, you are more than your addiction, hell, You're here, on the road to recovery. We can do this and we will do this. I understand your feelings, but as I've learnt with myself, feeling worthless and sorry for yourself does nothing for you. Being proactive does, you've started your journey, start developing new habits and goals to replace time spent on PMO.

9. BlackCoffee_

BlackCoffee_ Fapstronaut

I've done multiple tests, multiple times, I can surely say I'm an INTJ. I, However, understand your point, people tend to have a misconception of who they are versus who they really want to be.

Btw, Your 206 Day Streak Is Quite Amazing, I'll be joining you there in about 185 days. Again, Congrats on achieving your goal.

10. Kurapika

Kurapika Guest

INTJ
    I did it many times and always the same result.

zero01 and BlackCoffee_ like this.
  11. Limeaid

Limeaid Guest

ENFP!

I think more females will have feeling and perceiving dominance....

zero01 and BlackCoffee_ like this.
  12. Me? I don't like personality tests... and that comment is not indicative of my personality... nor is my avatar..
    "Things are not as they seem, nor are they otherwise" --Shurangama Sutra

Limeaid likes this.
  13. BlackCoffee_

BlackCoffee_ Fapstronaut

A fellow INTJ, the first time I've ever encountered one

zero01 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Limeaid

Limeaid Guest

You mean you are not Attitude Smurf? :D

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. Kurapika

Kurapika Guest

Just saying : This test is not very scientific.

16. beworthy

beworthy Fapstronaut

INJF! Scientific or not the description matches me pretty well

Kurapika likes this.
  17. BlackCoffee_

BlackCoffee_ Fapstronaut

Did you mean INFJ?
    I know it's a petty thing to correct, but there's reasoning behind it

18. beworthy

beworthy Fapstronaut

19. Dan1

Dan1 Fapstronaut

Another INFP here. Though its been a while. I feel I feel I'm slowly using my thinking and judging more than my feeling and perceiving. I'd have to take it again though...

20. Boccaist

Boccaist Fapstronaut

INFJ here, took the test 10 years ago and again recently. Consistent, which in my eyes builds trust upon the test.

jazzphanatic and BlackCoffee_ like this.