1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever been under self isolation before Covid ?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by quantumd, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

I’ve been working from home for a month and I’m fucking sick of it. Getting on the bus and going to the office makes home a sanctuary, now it’s just one long slog and the endless days merge into one. It may as well be the weekend every day, but without the fun. No opportunities for dating either with shops closed. Our lives are being stolen. Open everything back up NOW. Depression and suicide are going to become a big issue for people the longer this goes on.

NF SINCE BIRTH and Maxxx like this.
  2. Maxxx

Maxxx Fapstronaut

Vivo da mesi in autoisolamento, come se fossi in un ritiro religioso, mi sento escluso, dove lavoro e da mia mamma. E' una sensazione sociale che ti entra nella persona, quando rompi un tabù. La sensazione non di essere solo ma di essere lasciato solo. Se non sei normale (fisico: troppo alto,basso,magro,grasso; psichico: troppo introverso, estroverso; sociale: povero, poco colto, ecc.) vieni scartato dal gruppo sociale al quale appartieni, come la casta degli intoccabili in India.

3. Exactly. The lockdown hits the weakest groups in a way. Science and politics doesnt exactly agree on this. People are understandably afraid of a virus with a 5%death rate. The problem is that in order to get rid of Corona once and for all we have to go trough it until we gain some sort of flock immunity. Until then it will just return over and over again. Thats my first point. I read reports of violence at home going up a lot. Kids with trouble at home getting abused by their parents. Spouses hitting their wives. They are stuck with violence for weeks and maybe months. People with mental problems arent getting the help they are dependent on. Drug addicts are forgotten. Suicide rates are skyrocketting. Even the average guy are struggling with loneliness right now. The economical impact. Young people are getting their financial future ruined.

Fullyawake likes this.
  4. Inloverber

Inloverber Fapstronaut

That sounds sad. Sorry but I do not mean to offend you. But I'm just curious on how you feel being alone without friends. What about your own family? Take care and stay safe.

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  5. I did it for years. It was by choice, except I didn't feel like I had a choice. I didn't believe in myself and got trapped in my comfort zone, basically. I still have a long way to go, tho.

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  6. I'm completely at peace when I'm alone. Never really made me sad. There's nothing majorly wrong with me that prevents me from socializing, I'm not ugly or stupid or mentally unstable. I avoid my family as much as possible, they just annoy me these days. My whole family has a very dark past, full of unspeakable abuse and crazy shit, and of course it seeped into my life. Mentally unstable mom divorced dad, and he's been a NEET forever so I grew up with one parent. Both sides have tried to radicalize me and shape me into something I don't want to be. Can you see why I avoid people? I still love them though. Sorry for rant.

Metis07 and Deleted Account like this.
  7. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

I’m happy to be alone but I like having a sense of freedom, and feeling like my life isn’t being stolen. I prefer that to be a choice. I’m wanting a relationship with someone and that isn’t possible with a shutdown.