1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone experienced weight loss?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by calistenicshype, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Hello guys, I have been leading a healthy lifestyle since 20 and now I am 23. In summary, there are no changes in my diet since I stopped PMO, cheat meals once a month, eating as healthy as possible during the weekdays and exercising about 3-4 times per week. I used to be 65-66kg, but now my weight is 61-62kg. I have lost 4-5kg in about 2 months. That being said, I feel lighter, more athletic and energetic during my workouts, which is a positive thing. I am doing calisthenics and don't lift weights. I was thinking whether it is due to the semen retention and increased testosterone levels in my body. Feel free to share your thoughts!

Cheers.

Ynith..07 and Freedom_from_PMO like this.
  2. PieLover

PieLover Fapstronaut

It's funny you mentioned weight loss.
    I didn't go through something similar, but in the last week, I started a diet which is to eat 100 calories less than my BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) and with the 500 calorie I burn from training, that should put me in a minus 600 for each day. Which means after a week, I would be 4200 calories less. Which are considered a bit over half kg of fat. Yesterday, I weighed myself, and I was 3 kg less. I don't know how much no PMO challenge has been responsible for that. But 3 kg in a week? That's incredible. It just shows what determination can do.
    Anyways check your BMI (Body Mass Index), you don't want to be underweight.

3. Big_Boss

Big_Boss Fapstronaut

Man, that was funny!:D:D:D

4. Sans_Fear

Sans_Fear Fapstronaut

I must be a contrarian as my weight has increased dramatically. From 10 stones to 11 stones, maybe that vicious addiction was the main cause of my weight loss. The march goes on.

5. Adelaide Bland

Adelaide Bland Fapstronaut

A particular reason for your weight loss can't be specified. I really appreciate that you have lost your weight just by eating healthy diet, which is a good thing. A friend of mine always used to take the natural weight loss pills for his weight loss. I thought it wouldn't affect the body much, but he proved me wrong in just a month. Now I personally believe that supplements do no cause any side effect to the body, rather gives the desired results.

6. Mariano

Mariano Fapstronaut

Im clean near 5 month and loss 6kg of weight :) but I eat more healthy now and got more energy so Im running and playing football with a passion like 10 years ago, I never running faster (3km in 10min) and played football better than now and Im 32yo. Got six pack on my stomach now, and more more energy to do sport things which I always like :)

7. Combatfearitself

Combatfearitself Fapstronaut

Pre nofap, ~1800-2200 kcal --> gained weight.

Post(during) nofap + keto. ~3500-5000 kcal --> lost 2-3kg(1.8-2.4kg fat)/month.

Although I must say on nofap I have so much energy that I train everyday, gym in the morning then yoga/boxing/running in the evening.

It's all about synergy.

8. Folarin

Folarin Fapstronaut

It depends, sometimes I find myself using food to cure my sexual frustration. Someone mentioned we often try to substitute M with other things to try and achieve the same dopamine effect in the brain. I thing you can attribute your success to having the discipline to live a healthier lifestyle!!!

9. TommyyS

TommyyS New Fapstronaut

I have been clean for 3 months now and i did not lose any weight. I think that i may have replaced M with food and now I'm gaining weight. I will try not to eat more than i need i hope i can lose some weight like you.

10. Wolf7

Wolf7 Fapstronaut

Yes sirrrrrrrr, semen retention and the extra testoserone levels completely shed weight and help the body gain lean muscle. Think of it like taking HGH or taking steroids but naturally. Your body is an amazing creation. This is how life was meant to be lived. It has all the nutrients it needs, that's why we should be wasting them on digital pixels or fetishes. Keep it up, you're not crazy, it's actually helping you lose weight. Enjoy the power of retention

QBX27 likes this.
  11. Colin77

Colin77 New Fapstronaut

I'm really bad with units, I had no idea how to convert kilograms to pounds and it became a problem for me when i moved to Europe because every unit in USA is different. It was quite annoying at first, but i remembered to use online converter. I was at the gym all the time doing really great sessions and loosing a lot of weight. The scale was showing that I lost 23kg and i had no idea if that was good or bad. I managed to find a great converter online and it was really easy to track my weight with this converter. I was pleasantly surprised when i converted "23 kg to lbs" and found out that i lost 50 lbs which is amazing, i was so happy. The converter is awesome you can calculate everything on it.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    TommyyS likes this.
  12. Depressed&Out

Depressed&Out Fapstronaut

For me it's been the opposite:

- Stopped PMO and then started gaining weight around the arse area and lower body (this happened every few months/weeks).
    - Months down the line, when I've ventured into hardmode, the weight gain is happening on a daily basis now (in other words, my arse is getting bigger everyday)
    - If anything, stopping PMO has lowered my testosterone and from there the reducing muscle and fat gain started.

And yes, I've very strict with my diet and work out hard.

13. Wolf7

Wolf7 Fapstronaut

How would it possibly lower your testosterone. I don't think that retaining is causing you weight gain there's just no scientific way. Perhaps it's something else in your life or you're just a thiccboi

14. Corn

Corn Fapstronaut

For me it was the opposite

15. Depressed&Out

Totally needless jibe.... how about if you grow up?

For your info, perhaps your testosterone is lowered when you eliminate all sort of sexual activities and stimuli? (even artificial)

But I don't expect you to reply to this question with much usefulness as you might need to grow up first.

16. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

I'm not surprised to hear it can go either way with people. Some people turn to food to try and control urges to pmo etc, other people use their extra energy to go that little bit further with their running or at the gym. I'm hoping that I won't have to 'rely' on extraordinary willpower forever, once my habits have changed, then I can focus my full attention to building my fitness etc.

I have always been 'skinny' but I have developed a little pot belly in the last 5-10 years (I'm 36). I never had to worry about what I ate in my early 20s so have developed some less than healthy habits in that regard, although I enjoy food, good food and healthy food, so it's not as if I'm mindlessly snacking. I definitely binge-eat and comfort-eat after pmo though :(

My wife is breastfeeding and eats a T0N! So I've been cooking big and filling meals for us 3-4 times a day. once the baby is on solids I'll cut down, have at least one smaller meal a day.

Good think about Covid - no meals out! That was a habit I was happy to break, costs a bomb and it's not so healthy (though depends where you go).

17. Wolf7

Wolf7 Fapstronaut

Yeah no, you’re upset about what I said? No, your testosterone isn’t lowered from not having sex. When you’re ejaculating left and right that’s when you’re actually losing testosterone. When you contain it it is raised. In day 7 there is even a 140% spike in testosterone levels and there are multiple studies you can look at to see this, after that they drop back down to slightly above regular levels. Unless you’re dealing with a personal health issue regarding testosterone or dieting or weight in general, retaining your semen isn’t going to do that to you. I’m just making sure no one is spreading misinformation because it’s simply not true.

18. Depressed&Out

In that case, my body is converting the 'excess' testosterone into estrogen as it wants to calm down my 'sex drive' (But I haven't felt horny since I was 27 - about nine years ago!).

So the question is, how do I stop this conversion process?

19. Have you ever taken any form of antidepressant, ssri?

20. Tottoro

Tottoro Fapstronaut

Yes bro !. that's exactly what happened to me. I lost lot a weight too without any significant changes in diet. I have mentioned it in my 90 day post.

Biz20 likes this.