1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Brother virgins

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. chastedude

chastedude Fapstronaut

I know it can be tough to live in today's society that glorifies sex and masturbation and mocks celibacy or saving oneself until marriage. I haven't lost my virginity and while I've relatively recently started seeing it as something to be cherished and not feel ashamed about it, I wondering if anyone here is a virgin as well? Would be good to support each other and share some positivity :)

My story: I've always wanted to wait. But the loneliness and such, led me along the fapping path. I discovered nofap a few years ago and it has changed my life. My record is 189 days but I still struggle with masturbation. However, my desire to live in sexual purity for Christ grows stronger every day. Right now I'm trying to find male virgin saints I can read up on and gain encouragement.

But us guys tend to not talk about being virgins :) Myself included. I'm hoping this thread can be a safe space to do so, encourage each other, and feel like I'm not the only male virgin on the planet :) Sister virgins welcomed.

Non-virgins also welcomed!

2. Marigny

Marigny Fapstronaut

I'm not virgin because I was not christian. Now that it's to late, I sometimes imagine that if my life was to redo, I will wait until mariage.
    I find virginity until marriage very noble and magnificient, for a man, it's very chivalrous. Which, contrary to general opinion today, is very virile and very masculine.
    This is my encouragement

Johnthesavage and chastedude like this.
  3. I would suggest this group for you: Angelic Warfare Confraternity, Dominican Friars, Province of Saint Joseph. Look it up on the internet. This group is strongly committed to chastity.

4. Hey man, fellow male virgin here. I used to hate the fact that I'm a virgin and I didn't want to save sex for marriage. My family is Catholic, but my environment is very atheist, as well as the media, so for a time when I was younger I didn't even believe in God. So back then I thought you should have sex whenever you want. But when I gained faith, I slowly started accepting what God tells us about sex, even though I still wasn't sure in the beginning. But now I see the beauty in saving yourself for marriage. I still feel pressure from society that glorifies sex, but I'm trying to be proud of my virginity.

Anyway, I think you came up with a good idea. Men of faith who are still virgins should definitely encourage eachother. It's good to know there are others like us, and to know that there is nothing wrong with virginity. It's the opposite: glorifying sex and randomly sleeping around is wrong. But we live in opposite world today it seems.

Johnthesavage and chastedude like this.
  5. chastedude

chastedude Fapstronaut

Thanks for the tip, @Dogstar! I'll definitely check them out.

Please to meet you, @Sleepless island! Yup, we are not of this world. That's the big clash. Becoming cool about one's own virginity is a journey. At least it was for me. It started with a few Google searches that brought up positive stuff about male virginity (everything from building strong character from denying yourself to showing your wife that she was the one you've waited for) to learning that even Tim Tebow has been waiting for marriage (I see he has been engaged last year). That provided me a lot of encouragement along with the scriptures in the bible and stumbling upon the celibacy movement that's been going around (men getting tired of the frustrations from loveless sex, etc. so they give up girls and focus on their self-improvement until they fall in love.).

So yeah, I'm a virgin dude in my 40s and so what. I'm grateful for the stuff I've been able to accomplish and self-confidence I've built up. And growing closer to Christ has shown how much a spiritual life can build a man up. Yes, I yearn for the feminine touch but I haven't met her yet. And I don't want to think "what if I never do" because I can't predict the future and that's what led me to a fapping addiction in the first place. I never want that again. It is difficult being chaste in this world but it's worth it. I see it exactly like the gym. The pain you go through is worth the growth later.

Sleepless island likes this.
  6. chastedude

chastedude Fapstronaut

Thanks! There's nothing like overcoming the temptation to reveal the character of a man. This goes for anything in the life. Congrats on your 69 days!

Marigny likes this.
  7. Nevistio

Nevistio Fapstronaut

This ^^ Angelic Warfare Confraternity and St. Thomas
    http://www.angelicwarfareconfraternity.org/prayers/

8. chastedude

chastedude Fapstronaut

Thanks @Nevistio and @Dogstar. I’m looking at the AWC site and it’s exactly what I was looking for. Some great stuff in there!

9. CalmBrother

CalmBrother Fapstronaut

@chastedude
    Yes, I'm a virgin too, and definitely know how that feels. It's not quite exactly that I've never had an opportunity (not to boast or anything). But I see how even in supposedly "spiritual" circles, there can be a lot of stigma (real or perceived) simply for not having sex even in a sinful manner. I used to feel that way too, until I slowly started to realize just how "rare" I was, and how precious it was to God not to simply abandon my faith outright for some easy hookups.

So now I take that fact as a point of peaceful pride about myself, and even place some hope in it that Christ will even more readily forgive me for other offenses. And because you are realizing these things too, and so bold to post them, I'm glad for you too.

10. chastedude

chastedude Fapstronaut

I'm so happy to hear that you're peaceful about your virginity. I'm the same – I've had chances in the past, women threw themselves at me, some were drunk. While I didn't mind the idea of one-night-stand, I really wanted to make love, not to f***. I wanted/needed that intimate, sincere relationship. Some have told me it's better not to wait, you'll lose your chance, bla bla bla bla bla like they have the ability to foretell the future ;) Then the same friends tell me they regret having lost their virginity. In the end, to each his own.

Virginity works for me. And add nofap and I'm more confident than ever (had terrible low self-esteem issues which played a little part in not having found my woman way back when). Being open about my virginity also means I won't have to worry about "performing" if/when I finally do give my virginity to the girl of my dreams. I imagine bumbling around and learning with her as I go would be more fun than being graded.

So yeah, purity builds you up. Congrats on 401 days, bro! I fell last night and masturbated. Didn't ejaculate but I'll be praying a St. Joseph novena to give me more strength.

Sleepless island likes this.