1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Jagliana's Journal | An S.O's perspective

Discussion in 'Significant Other Journals' started by Jagliana, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 805: 04/12/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:
    • My husband has been honest with me.
    • Daily talk with my husband.
    • Worked on Self-Care as defined here.
    • Currently Reading: "The Body Keeps the Score" by Bessel Van der Kolk
    • Current Daily Podcast: "7 Good Minutes"
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Dailies | Self-Care Completed:
    Self-care is not an indulgence. Self-care is a discipline.
    Morning routine / Verbalized my feelings
    Journal / Daily talk with hubby / Regulated my sleep.

Tony Robbins List of Basic Human Needs | Text explanation here / Sound.
    1. Certainty 2. Uncertainty/Variety 3. Significance 4. Connection/Love 5. Growth and 6. Contribution.

3 Things I am Grateful for Today:
    1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Allegra-D.

Last night, we spent some time talking (aka I was venting) about some stuff. Then he gave me the lovely trifecta, which I really appreciate, given his situation. It does make me feel a lot better, I have so many aches and pains, I feel like an 80-year-old. Then we hid some eggs for our indoor Easter egg hunt for our little one and continued watching Vikings before heading to bed.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to “Why It's Important To Spend Time Focusing on Yourself", in this episode, we hear why it's very important that you spend time focusing on yourself. Remember, an empty lantern provides no light.

[​IMG]

This morning, our little one woke up to a surprise message from the Easter bunny! while we waited for Wade to wake up, I listened to "The truth above Love, Lust & Sex - Create a healthy relationship" an interview with DeVon Franklin, on The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes. DeVon Franklin is an award-winning film and TV producer, best-selling author, international speaker, and spiritual success coach. I always love what he has to say, so much wisdom when it comes to relationships. This was a good interview because DeVon explains how one of the biggest problems in relationships is the lack of honest communication, which is so much easier to mask when we have busy lives, but when we are forced to face each other in quarantine, all of our problems and differences bubble up to the surface and we are forced to confront each other. Times like these, we discover that we need to be open about our true feelings about our partners and whether or not this relationship is one we really want/need to be in at all. He recommends that we should always think about our partner's feelings first, be considerate of their feelings, put them first even during these hectic times when others are reaching out and in need of your attention and you feel like you need to be on call to stay relevant in your respective fields. So, for instance, he gave a simple example "This morning, she got up and she made a comment about the trash...and my first reaction was, I said "okay" I acknowledge what she said, but in my first reaction was - I got stuff to do. Here's what I realized, it's not about the trash, it's about acknowledging what's important to her, so if I had to push back a call for five minutes to go take out the trash, so that she felt heard and the thing that was annoying her - no longer annoyed her, it was worth the time, period." Another major point he made was to stay connected on a deeper level and the only way to do that was through communication being completely honest and vulnerable in these difficult and scary times, release all of your fears to your partner, this opens up and creates that deep connection. The next good point, which I guess I find a little difficult to agree with, because I can not bring myself to be grateful for this pandemic and the chaos it rained down on us... but he says to still realize why you should be grateful for it because it has forced us to see things for what they really were. Many truths were revealed that for many years we have simply let 'slide' or ignored because it was easier to do. Now, we are seeing things more clearly because everything had to stop: relationships, jobs, etc and we are stuck with dealing with it and figuring out if it is something we need in our lives.

As soon as Wade woke up, our little one had her Easter egg hunt. As expected, she had a blast and we had one too just watching the joy on her face as she ran around finding egg after egg.

Then we decided to make a small balcony BBQ with the girls, it's not much but still. #QuarantinedLife

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    For any PA's interested in having someone to talk to, check in with and a safe place to talk about all things recovery... my husband @Wade W. Wilson, who has been in real recovery for almost two years now, has created a dedicated Facebook group [click here] and Discord channel for PA's, all are welcome to join and he is looking forward to getting to know and helping each of you. You can join the channel by clicking this link: https://discord.gg/gXPuU9q
    For SO's interested in having someone to talk to, check in with and a safe place to talk about all things healing and betrayal trauma... here is my Discord channel: https://discord.gg/XwhaBTg [this channel is for SO's ONLY, anyone there for malicious reasons will be removed].

What I liked about myself, today:
    (I am trying to find one positive thing to "like" about myself and make a mental note of it, every day. No matter how small or insignificant)
    :emoji_two_hearts: Found some old allergy pills and it has been awesome.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    How To Spot A Cheater...

[​IMG]
    Recovery Setback Dates | Inconsistencies or Lies
    5/25/18 | 6/08/18 | 8/18/18 | 9/19/18 | 1/09/19
    1/19/19 | 1/21/19 | 1/24/19 | 1/27/19 | 2/08/19
    4/27/19 | 6/13/19 | 7/06/19 | 8/05/19 | 2/08/20

2. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

Although I’ve read through your journal maybe I missed it, why do you hurt so much? For instance several family members have ra and hurt. Two have krohns, two have colitis. I guess it’s good I’m adopted! However if I eat too many carbs/sugar or processed foods, it can get to the point that my back and bones hurt so much I can barely get out of bed. You can also tell me to mind my own business! Lol.

Jagliana likes this.
  3. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

I have various alignments :) but the predominant ones are my disc herniation/peripheral nerve damage and Sciatica. So, when I am in certain positions or do certain things, it acts up and everything is just sore and in pain.

Psalm27:1my light likes this.
  4. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 806: 04/13/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1. Certainty 2. Uncertainty/Variety 3. Significance 4. Connection/Love 5. Growth and 6. Contribution.

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Another Day.

Last night, we spoke for a bit, he signed up to donate plasma, hopefully he gets a callback and can save a life. Then he spoiled me with another trifecta, which provides my aches with much relief. Then we continued watching Vikings for a bit before heading to bed.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to “How To Set Priorities That Work Best For You", in this episode, we learn how to set priorities so they work better for you in your life. Remember, change your priorities and you'll change your life.

This morning, there was a downpour so I could not go for my walk. As the little one did some of her morning routine, I listened to "How To Make MONEY In A RECESSION & Go From BROKE To MILLIONAIRE" an interview with Dave Ramsey, on The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes. Dave Ramsey is a personal money-management expert and an extremely popular national radio personality. His seven best-selling books have sold more than 11 million copies combined. Wade and I have actually started his program before shit hit the fan with this crisis, but we are trying to stick to it even in these difficult times, not perfectly, but we hope to get back on track sooner, rather than later... anyway... back to Ramsey, by age 26 he had established a $4 million real estate portfolio, only to lose it by age 30. Using the wisdom he gained, Ramsey rebuilt his financial life and now teaches others how to be responsible with their money, so they can acquire enough wealth to take care of loved ones, retire with dignity, and give generously to others. In 1992, he started a business (now called Ramsey Solutions) to help people everywhere use their money profitably and wisely. Ramsey runs a multi-million-dollar company with a nationally recognized brand, but he defines success by the number of lives changed through his message of hope. Dave Ramsey’s iconic radio program, The Dave Ramsey Show, is heard on more than 500 radio stations throughout the United States and Canada. Dave is also the creator of Financial Peace University (FPU), a program that helps people dump their debt, take control of their money, and learn new behaviors around money that are founded on commitment and accountability. COVID-19 has not only affected our health but our finances as well. You might be out of a job, you may have lost a ton of money in stocks, maybe money has always been tight, and you’re scrambling to make ends meet. Don’t let yourself be caught up in fear, there is always hope — even when you hit rock bottom. Don’t make financial decisions based on fear and desperation. In this interview, Mr. Ramsey explains how to recover from a financial recession and make the most of your money during this crisis, why losing your job is an opportunity, what a recession is, how many jobs are being lost per case of coronavirus, why now is the time to invest, what pressure is good for, how desperation and greed can poorly affect your investment, the purpose of repentance and how listening to your partner can help.

Time for homeschooling to begin, cya.

For any PA's interested in having someone to talk to, check in with and a safe place to talk about all things recovery... my husband @Wade W. Wilson, who has been in real recovery for almost two years now, has created a dedicated Facebook group [click here] and Discord channel for PA's, all are welcome to join and he is looking forward to getting to know and helping each of you. You can join the channel by clicking this link: https://discord.gg/gXPuU9q
    For SO's interested in having someone to talk to, check in with and a safe place to talk about all things healing and betrayal trauma... here is my Discord channel: https://discord.gg/XwhaBTg [this channel is for SO's ONLY, anyone there for malicious reasons will be removed].

(I am trying to find one positive thing to "like" about myself and make a mental note of it, every day. No matter how small or insignificant)
    :emoji_two_hearts: Worksheets for the week put together and printed!:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    How to Choose Real Priorities

[​IMG]

5. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 807: 04/14/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, both of us were a bit drained from a talk we had with our eldest. Then after the girls were all situated, Wade treated me to another trifecta (during the first part, we talked a bit about the earlier convo), it was so good that I got sleepy rather quickly lol. We watched Ace Ventura, just as the movie was ending I was already passing out.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to “The Power Of Thoughts", in this episode, Tony Robbins talks about and explains the power of thoughts. Remember, if you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought again.

This morning, for the first time in what seems like forever, Wade and I went for our walk together. We began listening to "How To Make $1000 EXTRA Per Month (Start Your SIDE HUSTLE TODAY!)" an interview with Chris Guillebeau, on The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes. Chris Guillebeau is a New York Times bestselling author, entrepreneur, podcaster, and modern-day explorer. During a lifetime of self-employment that included a four-year commitment as a volunteer executive in West Africa, he visited every country in the world (193 in total) before his 35th birthday. During this interview, we heard why it doesn’t pay off to be cynical, how curiosity and hard work pay off, what kind of people impact you the most, the greatest skill you can have. Honestly, Wade and I came away with two different opinions about this interview, I feel like the title throws you off - the interview was a bit bland for my taste, I thought they were going to get into basic tips or how-to's of creating, getting inspired or at least where to start when it comes to side hustles. Instead, most of the interview was his talking about his book, sprinkling in some "there's always something, just look in your backyard, everyone is an expert in something, find yours". Oh well, they can't all be winners! lol

Homeschooling time! FUN.

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Some Good News with John Krasinski Ep. 3

[​IMG]

Wade W. Wilson likes this.
  6. EyesWideOpen

EyesWideOpen Fapstronaut

FYI, it has been officially retracted that ibuprofen is harmful and is now being recommended that it's as safe to take as acetaminophen.

7. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 808: 04/15/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, we spoke for a bit before going into the living room where he gave me a nice foot and hand rub. Later, after a discussion about it and much to Wade's dismay, we decided to continue sleeping in separate beds, even though 14 days have passed. There is so much information (and misinformation) out there about COVID that I just don't know if it is a good idea for us to sleep next to each other when he is not allowed to be retested to make sure he is now "recovered" and has a negative result.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to “How To Develop And Unleash Your Imagination", in this episode, Bob Proctor talks with us about how to develop and unleash your imagination. Remember, imagination is the golden pathway to everywhere.

This morning, during our walk, we began listening to "Mastery, Health, and Success" an interview with Randy Jackson, on The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes. Randy Jackson is a music industry veteran, television producer, author, and entrepreneur. He has recorded music on multiple albums for bands and artists like Journey, Maze, and Kenny G, and has excelled in his own musical career as a bassist and a singer. Starting in 2002, he became a famous television personality as a judge on the popular singing competition American Idol. In 1999, Randy found out he had type 2 diabetes. He had no choice but to divorce his current lifestyle. He changed his diet and exercise routine and underwent gastric-bypass surgery in 2003 which led to him losing 100-pounds. During this interview so far, we heard how artists are often their own worst enemy, where Randy came up with the idea for America’s Best Dance Crew, why simple ideas become the most popular, and why jazz musicians are the greatest musicians in the world.

Then we have another day in 'adventures of homeschooling' epic sigh...

#Video
    Develop Your Imagination

[​IMG]

8. Zeeshaan

Zeeshaan Fapstronaut

So happy to see a supportive wife.
    In the place where I was born,
    Everything such as Sex, Periods, Porn, Addiction of any kind, are all taboo.
    Everything is behind closed curtains.
    God bless you, your husband and kids for a gradual and complete recovery.
    I promise l wont marry until I get rid of this habit.
    I dont want my woman to walk out, due to my addiction because i am responsible for this

Jagliana likes this.
  9. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 809: 04/16/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, he treated me to another trifecta in which we chatted a bit during the first round. Then after the foot rub, he asked me a question he has been asking me for some time now, "do you feel spoiled?" and I'm not a fan of that question. I told him I feel guilty enough and I was the one who first brought up feeling spoiled, in that context, so the question keeps making me feel guilty. Anyway, we discussed it and then continued watching tv for a bit, before Wade wanted to head to bed.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to “Overcoming The Challenges You Face In Your Life", in this episode, Freddy Fri has a great message on overcoming the challenges you face in your life. Remember, the struggle you're in today is developing the strength you'll need for tomorrow.

This morning, during our walk, we finished listening to "Mastery, Health, and Success" an interview with Randy Jackson, on The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes. Randy Jackson is a music industry veteran, television producer, author, and entrepreneur. During the conclusion of this interview, they discussed the top 3 moments of his life so far, how to get the best opportunities even if you’re not the most talented, how he kept getting asked by huge artists to work on their albums, what is unique about Unify Health Labs supplements his brand and how Randy got his health in order after years of being overweight. Overall, it was more of a fluff piece than anything in-depth, but these days perhaps that's what we need more of.

#Back2Homeschooling

For any PA's interested in having someone to talk to, check in with and a safe place to talk about all things recovery... my husband @Wade W. Wilson, who has been in real recovery for over two years now, has created a dedicated Facebook group [click here] and Discord channel for PA's, all are welcome to join and he is looking forward to getting to know and helping each of you. You can join the channel by clicking this link: https://discord.gg/gXPuU9q

:emoji_two_hearts: Didn't get frostbite, sheesh.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    You Can Overcome Anything

[​IMG]

10. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 810: 04/17/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Dad's 71st Birthday.

Last night, a wonderful trifecta again, I really do appreciate it; so very much, not to mention all of his help around the house and with the kids. These times have been so overwhelming and exhausting, and knowing I am not doing it all alone - makes a world of difference. I am grateful for everything he does for me and our girls.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to “The Major Key To Your Better Future Is You", in this episode, John Rohn helps us to understand why the major key to your better future is you. Remember, the major key to your better future is you.

This morning, as I worked on my project before my client RECALLED the images [[ugh]] I listened to "Why You Need to Put Yourself First" an interview with Fran Drescher, on Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu. Fran Drescher has survived both a vicious sexual assault and uterine cancer and has managed to find ways to turn those experiences into something positive. During this talk she openly discusses the mistakes she made when first trying to heal, then describes what actually worked. She also details the efforts she makes to trust and take control of her body, discusses what it really means to live in the present moment, and even shares some simple actions anyone can take that kill viruses. They also talked about, how UHF is the movie Tom has seen more than any other, what is the secret to overcoming trauma? how her closest friends helped her deal with her most severe trauma, the mistake of trying to be superwoman and trying to ignore her pain, she discusses the way emotional trauma lodges itself in specific areas of the body, why you have to get comfortable sitting with your pain, how talks about how experiencing cancer makes it harder to trust your body, why you have to take control of your body, especially in the midst of a pandemic, common household products that are making us sick, grounding is and why it matters, simple actions and remedies that kill viruses and how laughter really is the best medicine.

#Back2Homeschooling and then since it is my dad's 71st birthday, so - we will try celebrating as best as we can... given the circumstances.

For any PA's interested in having someone to talk to, check in with and a safe place to talk about all things recovery... my husband @Wade W. Wilson, who has been in real recovery for over two years now, has created a dedicated Facebook group [click here] and Discord channel for PA's, all are welcome to join and he is looking forward to getting to know and helping each of you. You can join the channel by clicking this link: https://discord.gg/gXPuU9q

:emoji_two_hearts: Didn't get to walk, didn't shame myself.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    "Why Are My Hands Always Cold?" | Curbside Consult L.A.

[​IMG]

11. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 811: 04/18/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Work.

Last night, grateful to Wade again, he worked wonders on my back (and we spoke a bit during), which I really felt after sitting at the computer all day working. Then, Bosch came back and we began watching that before heading to bed.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to “How To Be A Leader", in this episode, Simon Sinek gives some great advice on how to be a leader. Remember, leadership is not a position or title, it is action and example.

This morning, as I worked, I listened to "CORONAVIRUS & How To NEVER Get Sick AGAIN" an interview with Wim Hof, on The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes. Wim Hof was born in the Netherlands, where winter is a way of life. As a kid, he felt a sudden urge to jump into a freezing-cold river. So, he did. And while most of us would immediately regret that decision and vow to never do it again … Wim went the other way and made it his profession. In the coming years, Wim made subjecting himself to extreme feats of cold endurance his personal claim to fame. He set a world record time (two hours, 16 minutes) for a barefoot half-marathon in freezing conditions. Another for spending nearly two hours in full-body contact with a solid slab of ice. He also climbed Mount Kilimanjaro in shorts, another world record almost didn’t make it into the books when Wim literally froze one of his corneas during a practice run for an under-ice distance swim, but after a good night’s rest, his eye healed up enough that he successfully set the record the next day. They call him the “Iceman” for a reason. During this interview, we hear how Wim is treating inflammation and stress, how he has been responding to the quarantine time during all this stress, how to release stress through cold showers and deep breathing, what should people do every day to help increase their immune system, how breathing affects your immune system, how breathing matched with cold water helps to fight bacteria and virus, how exposure to cold showers will prepare us for any stress, what’s the best way to overcome self-doubt and what we have learned from the hard truths of the Coronavirus. His two best tips for building up your immune system to deal with this pandemic? 1) Breathing exercises, those exercises change your internal chemistry which brings down the inflammation and 2) Take a hot shower, then take a cold one afterward from 30 seconds to 2 minutes and you're gonna feel even greater because you are activating the transportation system of your body which boosts immunity and combats inflammation.

:emoji_two_hearts: Caught up in work, no shame about not walking.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    HOW TO BE A LEADER - Motivational Speech By Simon Sinek

[​IMG]

12. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 812: 04/19/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, after a really long and overwhelming day of working, Wade treated me to another trifecta and I truly am grateful for that relief, I ended up passing out quick lol. Also, again I appreciate him handling the girls, so I could work, definitely eases some tension for me. <3

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to “Things I Wish I Had Learned When I Was Younger", in this episode, Charlie from Charisma On Command talks about growing wise with a list of things many people will wish they had learned earlier in life. Remember, your capacity to learn is a gift, your ability to learn is a skill, your willingness to learn... well, that's your choice.

This morning, we squeezed in a walk, even though I literally have to time to breathe right now... anyhow while we walked we listened to "How to Make Sense of the Constantly Shifting Info on the Coronavirus" an interview with Peter Attia, on Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu. Dr. Attia is an MD whose medical practice focuses on the science of longevity. In this episode, they broke down and simplified some good Q&As about the more recent COVID information and things you can do to help yourself (and family) when it comes to avoiding infection, spreading it and dealing with the quarantine blues. It was a good listen, simplistic but very informative in my opinion, I think everyone should spend the time to listen to it, especially given our current environment.

:emoji_two_hearts: The test was negative.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    7 Things I Wish I Knew In My 20's

[​IMG]

13. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 813: 04/20/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Negative Results.

Last night, we were so ecstatic because Wade's retest for COVID came back negative! and mine did too. So, after 19 days, we finally laid in the same bed and cuddled before falling asleep. Of course, he gave me the trifecta again and after so many hours (over 9 or so) of working at the desk, it was such a relief.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to “The Benefits of Maintaining An Attitude of Gratitude", in this episode, we hear an inspiring message on the benefits of maintaining an attitude of gratitude. Remember, when you have the courage to consistently express gratitude for everything you already have, the Universe will gift you, even more, to be grateful for.

This morning, we went on our walk and began listening to "Create Fearless Confidence and Achieve Anything" an interview with Wilmer Valderrama, on The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes. Wilmer Valderrama is an actor, singer, producer and television personality, best known for the role of Fez in the sitcom That '70s Show. So far, we hear them discuss the movie that inspired Wil to become an actor as a kid, why learning English was the key to his early success, the advice his dad gave to him right before he got his biggest role and how did growing up in Venezuela set him up for success versus growing up in the U.S. We will finish the rest tomorrow.

Time to get back to my adventures in homeschooling... sigh...

:emoji_two_hearts: No major triggers today.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Fearless: Gratitude

[​IMG]

14. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 814: 04/21/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Sling TV.

Last night, he gave me another trifecta, which I am grateful for, it does soothe my aching body, especially back. Then we watched some TV and headed to bed, both of us were looking forward to some ... intimacy, which due to COVID, we had not been able to do, until now. However, earlier in the day and multiple times, I had warned him that for now, I don't want saliva swapping, he just got over COVID, not enough info is out there and I just don't want to risk it right now. Perhaps my fears/paranoia are getting the better of me, but they are true and they are mine. Then... as we were umm, getting into 'things', he went for a french kiss anyway and made a remark about it; implying that he remembered that I asked him not to do this, but he did it anyway because he wanted to. As soon as that happened, I tried to talk myself out of the bottomless pit my brain jumped into and tried to get back in the mood... then a few minutes later he does it again and that was it, my brain went into freefall and it was over before it began, my mood was gone - in fact, I was enraged instead. We got into a long-winded back and forth, where he told me he was sorry and also not sorry at the same time because he wanted me to understand that he wanted me so bad, that he just had to kiss me, he assumed that by telling me this, it would somehow make up for the blatant disregard of my request, my feelings, my fears, etc. you know because it proves that he wants me more than anyone else, which should make me feel better about it all. Well, it did the opposite, his actions were selfish, whether he agrees with my rationale does not matter, what matters is I had asked him, specifically - to hold off on kissing and he acted selfishly because that's what he wanted to do. So, instead of a good, fun and connecting night, I was so off-put by it all, that I ended up going to "sleep" on the couch. My head was so overwhelmed, upset and scrambled I couldn't sleep at all. Then at around 5 am, he comes out and is somehow surprised that I was in the living room... so we ended up discussing why I was there. I felt disrespected, as if my feelings were not considered at all because he wanted, what he wanted and believes that my fears are crazy, I'm overreacting, therefore I should have just gotten over them, fallen in line and just went with it. I don't think so, at the end of the day - whether he agrees with my fears or not, makes zero difference, the point is - I asked him not to do something and he did it anyway and that derailed the entire night, not to mention I will also have my brain spinning for another 14 days because of it. Ugh, I could go on and on, but I will stop here.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to “Inspiring Message Reminding You That You Matter", in this episode, we have a powerfully inspiring message reminding you that you matter. Remember, you must never allow yourself to think that what you have to offer is insignificant. Because someone out there needs what you have to give.

This morning, we finished listening to "Create Fearless Confidence and Achieve Anything" an interview with Wilmer Valderrama, on The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes. Wilmer Valderrama is an actor, singer, producer and television personality, best known for the role of Fez in the sitcom That '70s Show. During the conclusion of this interview, we heard them discuss how he stayed grounded when he was getting so much attention during That 70s Show? what Johnny Depp told him that changed everything for him as a celebrity, and why it’s so important to have fun while working towards your goals. It was a good interview, a lite listen.

Then I had some work to finish and Wade took care of the girls and their schooling, which I appreciate.

:emoji_two_hearts: I finished almost all of my work.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    You Matter

[​IMG]

15. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 815: 04/22/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Morning Trip.

Last night, after a soothing backrub, we then watched "Like a Boss", as he gave me a lovely foot & hand rub... the movie is a comedy about two friends struggling to keep their business afloat and one of them convinces the other to take another partner to help pay off debt, this partner though tries to scheme them. I wouldn't put it at the top of my 'must-watch or rewatch' list, it was an okay movie. However, it did have a good message about being a people pleaser, that those who keep everything inside and do everything for others - can ultimately ruin everything for you, you have to be honest with yourself and those around you. My mood was a bit better than the night before, but I am still weaning off of what transpired.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to “Simple Steps To Discipline Your Mind For Greater Success", in this episode, we hear some tips on how to discipline your mind so that you can experience even more success. Remember, when it comes to discipline the road can be hard but the results are priceless.

This morning, during our car ride we began listening to "Therapist Shares Why You're Attracted To People Who Are Wrong For You" an interview with Lori Gottlieb, on, On Purpose with Jay Shetty. Lori Gottlieb is an American writer and psychotherapist, who writes the weekly “Dear Therapist” advice column for The Atlantic. In this interview, she discusses her focus on helping people explore their stories and rediscover their self-worth through the power of emotions, human connection, and good therapy. So far, she dove into men, vulnerably, taking accountability for your actions etc., all great and relatable topics.

So grateful for Wade, he's really been holding down the fort while I have to work. Thank you <3

#Video
    You Can Do This

[​IMG]

16. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 816: 04/23/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Having a Vehicle.

Last night, we had another incident, I had ordered a small gift for him for our upcoming wedding anniversary and it arrived, so I told him to give it to me so I could hide it before he saw what it was. He got really upset/annoyed and went off on a long-winded tangent because way back when there was no 'quarantine' we decided instead of gifts, we would just go out and have a date. Granted, my decision to get this item wasn't premeditated, I saw it pop up when I was looking for masks on eBay, as soon as I saw this little Deadpool with a unicorn plushie, I immediately thought of him and decided to get it. I didn't do it to 'show him up', test him or anything. I was not expecting him to get me a gift because I got him one nor did I intend to one-up him, etc. Regardless, he went on and on about it and did not lay off - repeating his points over and over, trying to make me feel guilty about getting him a gift and not letting him know that I did, so he could get me something too. It got to the point where I told him I was going to give his gift to our little one and now, I am not even in the mood to celebrate our anniversary next week, it's tainted for me. Although my mood was ruined, I still tried to rationalize with him, explaining what he could have done to handle it better. When we spoke at night, he got vulnerable with me, he told me that he was projecting his own guilt and shame onto me during our earlier exchange, because he felt as if he wasn't doing enough and dropped the ball because he didn't think of getting me anything, when I had, etc. I explained to him that both of us have our strengths, me? I can think of the perfect item to buy or create as a gift... but him, he could have easily turned our anniversary evening into one big gift, by utilizing his strengths/skills: cook a nice dinner or get my favorite take out, set up a movie night with wine, strawberries with chocolates after a romantic slow dance and a nice full body massage. Even if he wanted to get me a physical gift, if he took a minute to think instead of arguing, he would have remembered that Amazon has two-day delivery, but to me, option one would have put me over the moon and been more than enough. I listened to him express his side of the story, I understood his point and where he was coming from, but I told him that I'm also working on not being a people pleaser, so the old me would have been like "oh, okay, let's just move on then and celebrate - as if nothing happened"... but now, I confront my hurt, my anger, and feelings head-on, I allow myself to sit in them and deal with them how I need to. I can both hear him out, empathize with what he feels and says, but still, have the right to my own reactions to the events that transpired. We both felt better after talking, I ended up giving the gift to our little one who has not let it go as of yet lol.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to “You Were Built To Overcome Adversity", in this episode, Freddy Fri reminds us that we are built to be able to overcome adversity. Remember, if the sun isn't shining where you are, be the sunshine where you are.

This morning, during our car ride we continued listening to "Therapist Shares Why You're Attracted To People Who Are Wrong For You" an interview with Lori Gottlieb, on, On Purpose with Jay Shetty. Lori Gottlieb is an American writer and psychotherapist. It is really good, the points she makes about listening to hear and being able to accept what another person tells you - requires skill on your part. How it is very easy to say you want the truth, but not be able to accept it or handle it without reacting or trying to fix it. I'm really enjoying it and the conversations it is opening up for us. We went to BJ's, there were a few triggers for me here and there, but I was able to talk myself out of them. Then we came home and Wade held the fort down on the homeschooling end, as I worked.

At the moment, he is donating plasma, so maybe it can save a few lives, there are too many victims of COVID and I recommend anyone who has had it and survived, please consider donating your plasma.

:emoji_two_hearts: Some triggers, but I worked through them.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    Unbreakable

[​IMG]

17. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 817: 04/24/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Podcasts.

Last night, we spoke for a while about some videos he watched and did not enjoy at all; before he went into a backrub, then he followed up with a hand and foot rub too. I still feel guilty about it even though it relieves a lot of my pain and kind of makes me feel special too, because I know many women do not get this sort of treatment from their husbands, not daily, I don't think I do enough 'womanly' stuff for him around the house, mainly because I suck at it and kind of hate doing it. I know we divvy up various responsibilities but I feel like he does a lot more, especially around the house, on top of that he also pampers me? I don't think I deserve it. However, I am really grateful for what he does for me.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to “The Secret To Learning To Love Yourself More", in this episode, we have a great message from our friend *** about learning to love yourself. Remember, self-love is not selfish, it's necessary.

This morning, during our car ride we continued listening to "Therapist Shares Why You're Attracted To People Who Are Wrong For You" an interview with Lori Gottlieb, on, On Purpose with Jay Shetty. Lori Gottlieb is an American writer and psychotherapist. Again, she brought up many great points, especially for those in relationships. It's a lot to rewrite, so I suggest everyone checks it out. It has opened up nice discussions for Wade and myself.

Again, I want to say thank you to Wade for holding down the fort with the homeschooling, so I could work.

:emoji_two_hearts: No triggers today.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    How I Learned To Love Myself

[​IMG]

18. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 819: 04/25/2020

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Healing.
    3) Walk.

Last night, Wade gave me another trifecta, even though he was in pain himself from building us a new tv stand/fireplace. I told him to skip it but he insisted and of course, I appreciate it and him building this beautiful stand for our family. We watched some tv and went to bed, we were both so exhausted in our own ways.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to “Losing These Bad Habits Will Improve Your Motivation", in this episode, Peter from TopThink talks with us about 7 bad habits that make it harder for you to be motivated. Remember, first we make our habits, then our habits make us.

This morning, we finished listening to "Therapist Shares Why You're Attracted To People Who Are Wrong For You" an interview with Lori Gottlieb, on, On Purpose with Jay Shetty. Lori Gottlieb is an American writer and psychotherapist. Then during our midmorning walk, we listened to "What The CORONAVIRUS Means For Your LOVE LIFE & Relationships" an interview with Matthew Hussey, on The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes. Matthew Hussey is the New York Times bestselling author of Get the Guy, internationally recognized speaker, entrepreneur, human dynamics specialist, and dating expert. He’s the CEO and founder of MatthewHussey.com where he has built a global brand over the last 12 years. During this interview, they spoke about how COVID-19 has changed so many things — global health, employment, the market, and our personal lives. Both couples and singles are facing new challenges – either facing constant separation or constant closeness. Matthew provides some great tips on how to love ourselves and love the ones we care about during this stressful time, how being mindful and creating space can help in relationships, how partners can provide time for each other, how to manage heartbreak, how to handle solitude and loneliness during this time, how active attention can help in improving emotional intelligence, how to create useful hours and active leisure during the pandemic, how to use care with creativity in dating and how to help your love life. Wade and I both agreed with all of his points because we feel the same way if it were possible and Wade wasn't an essential employee (first responder) this quarantine would be the best for us, unlike how it would have been 5 years ago. We walked outside and I guess because it was warmer and later in the day, there were too many people out. Then my client sent me more work that needs to be done like yesterday, so we had to cut it short.

Time to work!~

:emoji_two_hearts: Some triggers today, worked through them.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Video
    7 Habits That Are DESTROYING Your Motivation

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  19. BetrayedMermaid

BetrayedMermaid Fapstronaut

I really like how you lay out your journal. I haven't been on for many many months. It's comforting to see that you and your husband are still going strong on your recoveries. :)

Jagliana likes this.
  20. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

Thank you, I appreciate hearing that, I hope you are doing well!