1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[90-CHALLENGE] THE NINETY DAYS CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Oct 27, 2017.

Do you want to participate?

1. Yes

2. No, probably later

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hadocken

Hadocken Fapstronaut

2. Griitings

Griitings Fapstronaut

Nice idea. Keep going. Victory is awaiting you.

3. Timothy_James

Timothy_James Fapstronaut

15 days complete

I've had no alcohol during the past two weeks. I am also slowly weaning back on my caffeine intake (using caffeine pills). I'm down to 30 mg today. This week I also cut the Facebook and Youtube scrolling habit. Scrolling (for me) wastes time, provides and unhealthy dopamine hit for the brain (which I'm trying to cut back on), and also increases the chances that I'll see something that triggers my PMO urges. Be careful not to cut too many things at once! There's other things I'd like to change in my life but I know with these changes I'm currently at my limit. Remove too much and the chemical imbalance in your brain will become too much and your urges will overwhelm you. It'll lead to binging on SOMETHING and whatever that thing is won't be good.

Today, I can feel the chemical pressure. My brain is craving dopamine. I almost brewed myself a cup of coffee because my wife was having one. These are the moments when we just have to choose to walk through the pain. Sure, there are plenty of things you can do that will help, like getting some exercise (which I'm doing), taking a cold shower (which I'm doing), and eating a healthy meal (which I'm doing). So, definitely do those things as much as you can! But, at the end of the day nothing is going to give you the same dopamine spike as behaviors like PMO and binge drinking. Eventually you're just going to have to FEEL (not fix your mind on) the craving for those things and not give in. This is the hard work that actually stimulates your brain to change, to adjust its dopamine calibration to lower levels. Your brain WILL adjust. It WILL adapt but it's going to try and trick you into finding a substitute. Be careful not to chase the dopamine spike.

You can mitigate the discomfort with healthy activities, but you can't get around it. You must walk through it. Pursue comfort and you will stay the same. Embrace discomfort and you embrace change.

Swazzy 1, james0422, bromor and 4 others like this.
  4. zazatheairmaxgod

zazatheairmaxgod Fapstronaut

Yup, Thanks bro I will.

Pone, bromor and Deleted Account like this.
  5. Robsoon

Robsoon Fapstronaut

Hi chaps! Today is mi 21st day of no PMO - I don't remember when was the last time I've manage 3 weeks off PMO!! - super clean. Past 2 days were so emotional to me... For some unknown reason I was thinking of my ex gf and many more sytiations... it was as if my brain was trying to sort all of pain out... at the same time craving for some pleasure/dopamine. I stumbled at really interesting articule about Nofap and depression related feelings - link below.
    It was great to explain my feeling from scientifical point of view. Please have a look I belive it may really help you.
    Today is really good day... Although a bit rainy... I feel so happy about my 21st day and strongly determined to push foward! Stay strong lads! Keep ya head up!
    https://medium.com/@rom.ser.mironov...-to-use-tools-for-coping-with-it-1a4dabe2320a

Swazzy 1, Pone, bromor and 5 others like this.
  6. Checking in on day 78/90. Hoping all of you have success in your own fights!

Swazzy 1, Pone, bromor and 4 others like this.
  7. leafbygreen

leafbygreen Fapstronaut

What up guys... haven't been here in a while but wanted to put a run together before I returned... I will be back again when it gets better.
    Hit 3 weeks today... I flatlined last week and all the benefits seemed to disappear. But today, the energy, clarity and strength seems to have returned.

21/90.
    Believe.

Swazzy 1, Pone, bromor and 7 others like this.
  8. with a goal in mind

with a goal in mind Fapstronaut

just finished the 30 day challenge & starting fresh here from day 1

Pone, bromor, Jiminy Cricket and 2 others like this.
  9. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

Wow. So I really took my Urges Diary seriously today and I counted 14 urges so far - in about 9 hours. It's a bit shocking how often I think of P and M, especially considering there were probably more thoughts that I didn't even catch because they were more subconscious. 9 of the 14 I managed to not act on at all, the rest I caught myself after clicking on a semi-sexy picture or video.

I think I'm finally on the right track now of doing this if I really keep doing it this way very disciplined and seriously. So let's do that!

Pone, bromor, Bobske and 5 others like this.
  10. 17yearoldvirgin

17yearoldvirgin Fapstronaut

Today is day 13/90. Almost 2 weeks. The past few days I’ve been feeling a bit down because I’m feeling emotions and memories that I did not want to feel(those memories that you bury deep within you and want to forget about). Usually when i pmo it would put a blinder in front of my eyes and i would not feel all of these emotions and things,but without it I’ve had to face all my demons and emotions head on. I know this is part of the healing process and I’m not going to give in. Thanks for this community. bye

Pone, Merry Terry, bromor and 3 others like this.
  11. I recommend you just carry on drinking tea and coffee if you love them like me, just buy decaffeinated of both. That way you don't miss it. It takes about a week or two for the caffeine withdrawal headaches to go away, then you are good to go. I also make the guideline that whenever I am out at restaurants etc and decaf is not available, I have caffeinated. This doesn't happen now with this world pandemic but it's a guideline for when the world returns to normal. It works for me anyhow.

Sugars are harder than alcohol and caffeine to quit so I allow myself to eat whatever dessert I want about once a week. After this challenge, I will allow caffeine and alcohol maybe once a month. Don't be afraid to experiment with what works for you. Hope that helps. Cheers to getting our vices under control.

12. Griitings

Griitings Fapstronaut

I am getting towards the end of my 6th day without PMO. I feel energetic today, though I had some mild triggers, I didn't succumb to them. I hope to win in the coming days as well.

13. Just_me123

Just_me123 Fapstronaut

14. Robsoon

Robsoon Fapstronaut

I've been throught it! It's a very dark place! don't give up mate! Youre stronger than that!

Pone, Merry Terry, bromor and 3 others like this.
  15. hermitthefrog

hermitthefrog Fapstronaut

13 days..

Two weeks if I make it through today. WHEN I make it through today!

16. Ceekay

Ceekay Fapstronaut

I just had sex. I didn't finish. Moreover I did NoFap for 10 days and relapsed three days ago. Erection really goes well but not able to finish or O. What may be the cause? My girl sends me her nudes and I watch and admire them bot don't M nor O.. Today's sex couldn't finish coz I couldn't finish but she Finished tho.

17. Jaywalk

Jaywalk Fapstronaut

# day 8 going hard we can do this

18. RestartGame_

RestartGame_ Fapstronaut

Day 1. Relapsed yesterday (it is 1:30 am now)

Still had to do some stuff and planning, so I'm going to sleep after this.

Yesterday I relapsed badly. Well, it's simply because my daily routine is very monotonous.
    Even if I get myself to programm, I would do that and watch Anime 80% of the day.
    I go for walks and will start doing light exercise now regularly.

However, the thing that is missing here I think, is me connecting more with community, like besides this commuity here, which is amazing <3
    But connecting more, like making videos and talking about myself and maybe just stream while playing videogames and stuff.
    And connecting with some people, even if it doesn't work well, I'll just keep doing it because it rewires my brain.

I think if I organize this properly and take all the necessary precautions when streaming and stuff, this might be the next step forward.

I love you guys! All the best to yall.

Maybe let's connect a little bit too.
    Let me know how you are doing and what is going on in your life right now by replying to this post :)

Cheers.

Swazzy 1, Pone, Merry Terry and 4 others like this.
  19. Takes07

Takes07 New Fapstronaut

Let’s do this, it’s been 2weeks i last masturbated but let’s start afresh let the countdown begin!!!!