1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[PD Test] This may be the reason your alone or feel lonely

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, May 1, 2020.

What is your personality disorder if you have one?

1. Paranoid

10.0%
  2. Schizoid

20.0%
  3. Schizotypal

10.0%
  4. Antisocial

25.0%
  5. Borderline

10.0%
  6. Histrionic

10.0%
  7. Avoidant

50.0%
  8. Dependent

10.0%
  9. Obsessive–compulsive

30.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

The test is sooo long. I avoided it but i can say i´m kind of antisocial rigth now. Working on it.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. i know right i just about made it through lol, you know antisocial is not a lack of socializing right? just saying because its easy to come to that conclusion, anyways here's a test on just antisocial, its pretty short ill leave it here anyways if you want to take it => https://www.thecalculator.co/person...onality-Disorder-Test-415.html#calculator-top

3. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Missed that point, you were right. I did the test and get only 19%. I've been social all my life but the last few years because of health issue i kind of avoid socializing a little bit.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I did the test and apparently I rate highly in 6 different categories. Some I agree with, mainly the one about having an "avoidant" personality, but there are others I disagree with, like having a high chance of OCD. I dont think wanting to be organised and have a schedule you stick to because it genuinely helps you with productivity is the same as being crippled by OCD, if anything it seems a bit harmful to me that the site would suggest such a thing, idk.

5. I scored high in Schizotypal but after doing some reserch I now understand thats not me, but I also scored high in schiziod and avoidant and after reserching them I found out I have both of them for sure, so the test was worth doing atleast from my experience. I guess it can give you a ruff idea of what you maybe have so you can do the reserch find out for sure.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2020
  6. i read somewhere that;
    • "People with Avoidant PD excessively monitor internal reactions, both their own and of others. This prevents them from engaging naturally or fluently in social situations."
    So basically this defence mechanism, is a vicious cycle because we want to not come across as awkward or stupid so we monitor internal reactions, but doing this makes us look awkard or stupid and becuase of this we feel the need to montior even more to avoid embarssment so we go around in a circle.
    when you understand this you will stop doing it and you will see improments instantly, you will likely fall back into the habit of doing it but just remember it make things worse and not doing it make things come off as natural and fluent.

hope this helps ill keep you posted if I find out more things that may be of benifit to you with this disorder

@Lau
    @ShyIIock
    @AKRO_5891
    @DayAfterTomorrow
    @Merc123
    @SomthingsGot2Give

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2020
  7. Took the test
    It appears I am avoidant so I read it and it says:
    "People with avoidant personality disorder experience long-standing feelings of inadequacy and are extremely sensitive to what others think about them. These feelings of inadequacy lead the person to be socially inhibited and feel socially inept. Because of these feelings of inadequacy and inhibition, the person with avoidant personality disorder will regularly seek to avoid work, school, and any activities that involve socializing or interacting with others.

Individuals with avoidant personality disorder often vigilantly appraise the movements and expressions of those with whom they come into contact. Their fearful and tense demeanor may elicit ridicule from others, which in turn confirms their self-doubts. They are very anxious about the possibility that they will react to criticism with blushing or crying. They are described by others as being shy, timid, lonely, and isolated."
    Me
    kkko.jpg

Rux likes this.
  8. Rux

Rux Fapstronaut

hope everyone is finding this info useful