1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Close to relapse

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by rick_47099, May 2, 2020.

1. rick_47099

rick_47099 Fapstronaut

I have lost the exact count but it's over 45 days since I last masturbated. I was motivated to follow NoFap after l learned about so many advantages(self-improvement). However, after these 45 days, I don't see any major improvement in myself in terms of energy, focus, or in any other thing mentioned over the web. Maybe this is because I masturbated with a high frequency before I stopped it completely. I don't want to start masturbating but seeing no effect after so long, kills my motivation and makes me wanna go back and do it again. I have come a long way and I don't want to give up at this point. After how many more days will I start seeing more evident results?

Zeeshaan likes this.
  2. Fabian1611

Fabian1611 New Fapstronaut

Watch this bro

rick_47099 likes this.
  3. False promise

False promise Fapstronaut

Do you think masturbation will give you any of those benefits?

4. VeerNappage

VeerNappage Fapstronaut

From personal experience, I've had streaks such as yours in which I failed to realize all of the benefits that came with abstaining. Thus, I thought it'd be painless to relapse when it in fact was. Although I wasn't feeling physiologically improved during my streak, in retrospect I saw that TIME was a huge factor. More time spent in periods of productivity instead of yearning for and partaking in masturbation. Time means everything, and when you realize you have so much of it to gain from staying away from the bullsh*! then you will devote that time to work on yourself. If change doesn't come naturally as a result of this abstinence, then create the change yourself with the time you now have!!!! KEEP. GOING.

rick_47099 likes this.
  5. I wanted to say the same.
    Masturbation will get you nowhere. Its a waste of time.
    Maybe the benefits are not working the same for everyone.
    But know this!
    Just by not masturbating, is itself a benefit. You see, it will get harder and harder. You will NEED to get new ways to keep yourself from masturbating. You will NEED to make yourself tired (for example by exercising) to avoid it. Its a good trick , to trick yourself into getting stuff done. To be a more active and interesting person. Also, it trains your willpower which is awesome! And you can't have too much of it.
    People here are all here because they want to improve themselves. So why leave when you want to do the same? Plus This community is the most helpful one I've seen on the internet sofar.
    So keep going!

rick_47099 and False promise like this.
  6. LoveIsAllWeNeed

LoveIsAllWeNeed Fapstronaut

@rick_47099 Did you have any issues before? What did it cost you to masturbate? Remember how life was at that time. See yourself back then and compare it with the present. If you don't see any difference (which is very improbable), stop the nofap.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    Zeeshaan likes this.
  7. Zeeshaan

Zeeshaan Fapstronaut

Go through nofap manual minimum 90 days.

8. Actually thats a bad advice. Reaching 45+ days is a big achievement. Even if you relapse, to see if there were any differences, there is a chance that because of the relapse you can never come back. (Yeah most people quit after a relapse, even if they felt better during nofap)

EDIT: And yeah masturbation IS an addiction. If you can't control yourself you HAVE to do it, is an issue by itself.

rick_47099 and Zeeshaan like this.
  9. Zeeshaan

Zeeshaan Fapstronaut

Standard reboot is 90.
    What do you say about that.
    After 47 days i felt good.
    90 days is heaven.

10. What made you relapse?

11. rick_47099

rick_47099 Fapstronaut

Thank you guys for your support. Indeed this community is the most helpful. I want to update you all, I felt close to relapse when I posted around May 2. But, I didn't give in. I am still going strong, no release it's more than 50 days. There was a weak moment at night last week, when I had an erotic dream I felt I had a wet dream, but in morning I checked and I am pretty sure I didn't have a wet dream other than that it's all fine. I have been working out at home, I have a feeble body but I feel strong and energetic. I am attracting much more positive energy around me. Although it came slowly, but I have started to feel the difference. Now I recommend my friends to try the same, they all laughed off when I told them, but they don't know what they are missing.

Captain! likes this.