1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Preventing wet dreams and dopamine release

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by BlueBallsOG, Apr 22, 2020.

1. BlueBallsOG

BlueBallsOG Fapstronaut

What can I do to prevent or minimise wet dreams? And is it true that wet dreams do not bring about a dopamine release in the brain?

2. BlueBallsOG

BlueBallsOG Fapstronaut

Shit, so its still sort of a relapse, if you look from a neurological point of vieuw.

3. BlueBallsOG

BlueBallsOG Fapstronaut

4. Somedude123

Somedude123 New Fapstronaut

Exercise and not eating close to bed time helps in my opinion

BlueBallsOG likes this.
  5. Last night i had a wet dream. It didnt even feel good and i didnt dreamt anything sexual.
    Usually i prevent wet dreams. I realise i dream sth sexual then wake up before it's too late.
    This time there was no choice in avoiding it. It happened in a few seconds without a clue before. But like i said it didnt feel good. No real orgasm. I think the body just wanted to get rid of too much semen
    In my experience wet dreams dont come when you dont sleep deep. So avoiding eating before increases the possiblity. BUT of course you need good sleep anyway so dont eat to much before sleep.

6. BlueBallsOG

BlueBallsOG Fapstronaut

Thx, I was eating like a fourth meal before going to bed so that should help

7. I am in the process of watching YouTube videos and searching for articles on how to reduce wet dreams for those who are voluntarily celibate.

I will do a thorough reasearch and survey onliine and summarise the points and put them here so it is there for everyone to see.

There are plenty of resources to go through. I have got some tips already but instead of writing different points in different replies I will write them in one long reply. Please bear with me and stay tuned.

BlueBallsOG likes this.
  8. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Eating brings about dopamine hits in the brain, so does exercise and Christmas presents and puppies and friendships. Dopamine, amid natural life occurrences, isn't the real problem, and you actually need dopamine to live; without it, you die. The problem is when the chemical is unnaturally induced and voluntarily and recklessly oversaturated in the brain, especially with problematic behaviors that diminish the quality of our lives, either morally or physically. Accordingly, wet dreams are not destructive experience; they are natural occurrences in male biology, and any minute dopamine that hits the brain in such experiences is not harmful. There's no wiring of voluntarily behaviors or bad habits. Yes, if you sit in bed trying to think up images all night (as some do) so as to try to induce wet dreams, that can be unnatural, but when they happen on their own and unplanned, that is nature taking care of itself in healthy ways, and even cleansing out old lustful memories, purging them out from deep inside the psyche and pushing out the poison; regretfully, it seems harmful since they cross our visual field when exiting our mind. Dreamwork, whether erotic or scary or stressful or boring, is always good and necessary for stable, mental heath. It's like the heroin addict that goes cold turkey, at first he'll feel sick and go through stints of vomiting, which is the body exorcising all the years of being poisoned. If you repress wet dreams, you are doing yourself more harm by repressing lustful memories in your psyche and repressing the need for bodily chemicals to get cleansed out nature's way for a healthy man's body (nature's first aid for "blue balls" or a preventative from ever getting them). You're also wiring your brain in destructive, repressive behaviors and creating another habit of a phobic nature. Repressing these things causes mental and bodily frustration until the repressed entities become so strong you'll act them out in some undesired and truly damaging way. Hence, for the celibate man who wants a balanced mind and body, let nature take care of itself and stop interfering either way by forcing bad behaviors or stifling necessary healing. Nature and the body are quite intelligent, more so than we are with our myths, bad information, and misconceptions.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    BlueBallsOG likes this.
  9. BlueBallsOG

BlueBallsOG Fapstronaut

Finally a goo
    Finally a good answer

JoeinMD likes this.