1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Trading

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Brah42, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Brah42

Brah42 Fapstronaut

Hi

Does anyone trade forex here?
    I am a newbie in trading and i thought it would cool if we can help each other by posting trading ideas or advices.

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  2. clarkchristoph

clarkchristoph New Fapstronaut

3. JAbbot1985

JAbbot1985 New Fapstronaut

Useful or not, but we need to do it. From where could we get help, if not from others who work in the same field. I’m a newbie, too. There are a lot of things that I still don’t understand in Forex trading and if others would be so kind to answer to our beginners’ questions, then that would be great. I found a list of reviewed Forex trading platforms on https://thinkmobiles.com/blog/best-forex-trading-platforms/ and I don’t know what should I do next. Should I hire a Forex broker or not? When is the best time to start trading? These, and other questions need to be answered and that’s what I expect from other people. Their opinions and advices.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  4. Fomo Sapiens

Fomo Sapiens Fapstronaut

First of all, congratulations! You win a Necromancer badge for reviving this dead and buried thread.

Second, don't. Retail trading of any kind and certainly forex is a waste of time and money, and you will be pissing your savings up a wall. You may have a short run of wins, but unless you have access to the kinds of resources that huge banks have, and a big frigging portfolio that can withstand massive drawdowns, you will sooner or later end up wishing you had never bothered. If you want to get your kicks from gambling, go to Coral or whatever your local equivalent is, and set a weekly limit, say £20 or $30. Either that, or put £1000 in the S&P and forget all about it for a year or two.

Trading is a fickle mistress. There are people who have devoted their entire lives to understanding and predicting the market and they still get f***ed in the end.

Source: hard won experience. And I have some background in this area. I read mathematics til masters level at university and a large portion of the final two years was mathematical finance. I have traded stocks, options, forex, commodities... it's the same story every time. My longest streak was 6 months of healthy profits, but that doesn't matter. Entropy will get you.

5. OliGirlz

OliGirlz New Fapstronaut

Since you’re asking for our opinions and trading advice, forex trading is a waste of time. I only see successful forex traders on Instagram, but I’ve never seen one in reality. Not that you can’t be successful trading forex, but it’s not as easy as you think. I started trading forex a year ago, and I’ve already quit. Giving up is never an option for me, but a little break was what I needed. But rn, I’m about to try forex for the last time with some swing trading strategies. If it doesn’t work this time around, then I’ll quit forex for good.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    ManusFechis likes this.