1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Just another cold dark night on Everest.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by fapequalsdeath, May 30, 2015.

1. fapequalsdeath

fapequalsdeath Fapstronaut

2. Kenji

Kenji Guest

Lol not sure what I was expecting when I clicked this thread, maybe some harrowing Everest footage haha, definitely not this, but this is great!

Here's my 2 cents, not many people climb Everest without help from local sherpas, so instead of gloating over your victory on Everest let's pay some respect to the people who helped you get up there too,

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
    WOTL likes this.
  3. WOTL

WOTL Fapstronaut

We are all climbing Everest here and proving that the most difficult challenges are possible if we are focused and relentless in our efforts. You are absolutely right that we need good sherpas and this is why we are extending a hand to each other. Climbing alone is not possible, but as a team we can succeed!

Kenji likes this.
  4. Kenji

Kenji Guest

Dude is really good! Going to start watching his videos, thanks fapequalsdeath! Btw, I see you reset, you doing ok?

Stoic video right here for sure :D

5. fapequalsdeath

Unfortunately not had 3 day streak where I was productive and now I got alone in the house yesterday and binged and feel like shit. It's like iI'm addicted to feeling shit and always bring myself down when I'm at my peak.

6. Kenji

Kenji Guest

Ya man being alone is such a trigger for me. I went on a binge this past week and freaking quit my job that is how low I felt. I'm also an alcoholic drug addict and that goes hand in hand when I fap, so this addiction needs to be treated and I need to change my ways because losing a job is a serious damn consequence if health and feeling good about yourself isn't important enough.

7. fapequalsdeath

Well PMO or any addiction really is just the way of feeling the void of nothingness we feel in our "soul". My theory is we can't really stand ourselves and that's why we try to fill our lives with bullshit, in order to distract ourselves from the image me are disgusted currently.

8. Kenji

Kenji Guest

Ya I have felt that before. This last relapse I was actually feeling super great about myself right before. I'm the type of person who would use for any reason. Time to face my demons and lustful ways.

9. fapequalsdeath

Well it more likely for your brain to fall back to the state you've been all your life . So if you felt like shit all your life and now you feel great you have a feeling something's wrong and just go back to that state. Every time we feel like getting back to old habits we must awarefully recognize this moment realize it pause and think, just like mentioned it the second video. It's so easy to go on autopilot and just fap and then feel like shit but behaviour and taking proper action separates the bot from the man. Do you go chase a butterfly every time it flies past you? No same is for PMO.

10. Kenji

Kenji Guest

Do you feel like shit, have you felt negatively about yourself or life for sometime?

11. fapequalsdeath

Of course lol. That's what feeling like shit is mainly about. Life is dull, it has no point. But it's the addict speaking. That simply means one has not build a solid life philosophy and not developed the discipline of following it. A philosophy that fullfills you as an individual and not imapacts you in any negative way. I'm currently working at replacing all the bullshit with fruitful activitie. But it's hard since you were doing bullshit all your life it is a part of you and it hurst when you chop it off. But you mustný let the bullshit define, you must grind your teeth keep swimming and get out of it.

Kenji likes this.
  12. WOTL

WOTL Fapstronaut

I think one useful technique is to dialogue with the internal voice that produces these "deceptive" messages about the value of life. It will help you understand where this voice is coming from. The addict can be baffling, but it is just the voice of an old program in your brain that sends you deceptive brain messages. Try to separate yourself from this voice. YOU, your true essence, is fine. You have no problem and can beat these feelings. But there is some unhealthy inner chatter that you have to purge and transform into something better. The new activities, new habits, can replace the old unhelpful stuff. But do not linger on the past. Regrets about the past will bring you nothing of value. They should be remembered only briefly to show you why you have to change. And the future, well it does not really exist yet. What matters is what you do now, and as long as you do the next right thing, you will be fine. When you have these feelings, ask yourself "what else?" "what else can i do now". Stay strong!

Kenji likes this.