1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

In a world full of hentai is there room for anime?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by thexcrimsonxghostie, May 31, 2015.

1. I love anime and been a fan since I'd watched Ronin Warrirors in the 90's and then the original Pokemon, Yugioh, and even Dragon Ball Z (stopped watching the last two cuz of an ex-gf). However, I see too many of them today are just fluffed up with panty shots, barbie doll-esque "mannequins", and fanservice all around. Can anyone direct me to some animes with taste?

2. and would one of them be Attack on Titan? Haven't seen it.

axy_david and Knight Solaire like this.
  3. If you're not watching the anime for triggers and PMOing to it, it should be fine. Just ignore the panty shots.

4. Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't care as long as I can have hope that I can watch anime without thinking Japanese TV is nothing but oversexualized junk food for the brain. I watched Azumanga Daioh and I'm.... okay with it. Mr. Kimura kinda ruins it for me though since he tends to be pretty perverse.

Knight Solaire and Kenji like this.
  5. Kenji

Kenji Guest

I'm about to start Bleach and Hajime No Ippo. Also Naruto is great if you haven't seen it.

All classy. But they are all fighting series. Great series with alot of depth though,

So any genres? There is a ton of rich and classy, tasteful anime shows and films out there, can't name a few genres?

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
  6. well, I've seen Cardcaptor Sakura and XXXholic. CCS has too much forbidden love and if you've seen XXXholic I don't think I have to tell you about Yuko. But, for the sake of genre; some slice of life, maybe some action, and perhaps comedy along the lines of Bobobo-Bobobobo.

7. Kenji

Kenji Guest

Stop reminiscing about such things! My goodness! Lol, if I come across something with that criteria I'll definitely post it, in fact I will be anime hunting tomorrow at a library.

8. i am more into shounen; i can tell you a few if you want :p

9. I love sports anime like Haikyuu, Kuruoko no Basuke, Baby Steps, Cross Game, Big Windup, and The Knight in the Area (also Giant Killer for a more mature soccer anime).

10. all except Saint Seiya... not a fan on Knight of the Zodiac.

11. I do like much of Hiyao Miyazaki's movies, especially Princess Mononoke. That would probably be a good place to start...

12. I'm really kinda doing this as a way to recover, since I really want to know that I can watch what I love without stepping on eggshells.

13. No, but I've been meaning to check it out

14. Knight Solaire

Knight Solaire Fapstronaut

I have been compiling a wonderfully long list for about a year now. I'll start with a few.

• Future Diary, fav
    • Claymore, fav
    • Attack on Titan, fav
    • Deadman Wonderland, fav
    • Tokyo Ghoul, fav
    • Psycho-Pass, fav
    • World Trigger
    • D-Gray Man
    • Soul Eater
    • Black Bullet
    • Baccano
    • Darker Than Black
    • Naruto/Shippuden, fav
    • Dragon Ball/Z/GT
    • The first series of Black Butler (only)
    • Death Parade (except episode 6 that has nothing to with the actual story, don't watch) fav
    • Guilty Crown, fav
    • Howl's Moving Castle
    • Spirited Away
    • My Neighbor Totoro
    These are a "few" that I can think of at the moment. Hope this helps. I am currently watching Seraph of the End. I will let you know if you are interested. Always love to meet another anime fan.

15. Knight Solaire

Bleach has a shit ton of fan service

16. Kenji

Kenji Guest

Too bad wanted to watch it soon, I still will that stuff doesn't bother me.

Sex scenes as seen in Game of Thrones, Spartacus, and such are another story.

Thanks for clearing that up, I suppose referring to Bleach as classy is folly.

17. Knight Solaire

I love bleach so much buddy. I got really upset when I realized after I had watch so much two years ago that it had all kinds of shit in it. If it doesn't bother you then it's your choice.

Kenji likes this.
  18. Kenji

Kenji Guest

We will see how it goes bro but I gotta give it a try, the one piece videos lured me in.

19. if you want one with literally ZERO steamy stuff other than the fact than the character Musica is my masculine ideal, the manga Rave Master which was the first manga - later turned into 32 episodes of anime - of Hiro Mashima who's more well known for having made Fairy Tale is, without the tiniest doubt, the piece of writing that had the most profound influence on every level in my worthless life. I don't have words to express how much I love it. It's perfect, I can't even describe it. And again it's ABSOLUTELY safe, hilarious, extremely emotional, it taught me more than anything I've learned in high school about life. I love it so much, I left my books in Paris and I miss them so bad :( And not to mention, the drawing is beyond brilliant

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2015