1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Planning Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Philosophical_Dad

Philosophical_Dad Fapstronaut

2. Philosophical_Dad

3. Philosophical_Dad

4. Philosophical_Dad

I was sick yesterday (pretty sure it wasn't covid!). So I won't enter anything--neither success nor failure.

Force Majeure likes this.
  5. I've been sick the whole week, probably covid... I'm getting better but I'm extremely tired almost all the time. Will get back to the challenge as soon as I'm back to normal...

Philosophical_Dad likes this.
  6. Philosophical_Dad

Yowch! Glad to hear your symptoms are no worse than that. It's tough to regulate one's behavior while sick.

Get well soon!

7. Philosophical_Dad

8. Thank you! I'm quite well now actually. Just so you know, I don't know if it was covid-19 or just a general cold. In this strange country I live in, I'm not getting tested. I had all symptoms except fever.

15/30

9. Philosophical_Dad

Did you lose your senses of taste and smell too? I hear that's a somewhat common symptom that seems to set Covid-19 apart from the common cold.

8/19

10. I didn't loose my taste but I lost my smell. I benchmarked my nose by sticking it into a bottle of a nice balsamico vinegar, didn't smell anything :D

18/30

11. Philosophical_Dad

Hm, I guess that can happen with the common cold if your nose is really stuffed up. Still sounds like it could have been Covid-19.

8/20

I did okay following my plan yesterday, though some errands took longer than expected and that threw my schedule off. I probably should have made my plan more flexible in anticipation of that.

12. Philosophical_Dad

13. Philosophical_Dad

14. Philosophical_Dad

15. 21/30 if I go strictly by the rules, 0/30 if not. I’ve failed miserably to follow my plans lately and even though I have made plans, they’ve had zero effect. The right thing to do is probably not just to make a reset, it’s probably better to take a step back and figure about what went wrong, then modify the rules and reset.

16. Philosophical_Dad

I've been doing okay with plans but very poorly with some other goals. I also need to reflect on what's going wrong. I know one place to start is going back to meditation. I haven't done enough over the last couple weeks.

3/3

17. I will change my mindset to this: The most important thing is that I'm honest with myself. Therefore, I'm allowed to write anything on the plan, the important thing is that I'm following it. For example, even though a plan should probably be about important or work related things, I'm allowed to write just about anything on the plan as long as that will reflect the outcome I'm expecting from myself during the day.

0/30.

18. Philosophical_Dad

That's a great idea.

3/5