1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does this mean...

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by cr7da8055, May 23, 2020.

1. cr7da8055

cr7da8055 Fapstronaut

So a lil background.
    I’ve had a huge crush on this girl from school,since late 2016,up until today! I could get close to only withdraw,cause I had to focus on my career and stuff. I didn’t want to get distracted by dating and shit,so kept my distance,although I was really close to her up until mid 2018. From then on,until late 2019,I barely even talked to her. Just the occasional ones to show I have some interest in her.
    So anyways,it was her birthday in December, I remembered it and wished her. From then on,we texted a lot for like a whole month.
    Then came grad day. It was my dream to ask her out on that day ever since I started having a crush on her.
    But then, the scene was pretty shitty and not romantic at all. So the next day,we were just texting about the event,and I told her she looked cute and all that flattery. She also told me I looked pretty good as well!
    And then,I simply told her,well I thought of asking you out yesterday,but then the scene was shitty.
    She replied back seeing that I didn’t have to wait until grad day for that. Also, she followed up by saying I seem pretty these days,and she likes this version of me(Well,i used to be moody aff back in 2017 and 2018).
    My question: does this mean I had a good chance of her accepting my proposal? Cause I didn’t really care about it that time,cause I had my exams coming up. Well,it’s been 4 months since she said that,and I really wanna take my chance after the quarantine. Thoughts?

2. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Seems like you don't really know what you want.

There's always going to be some reason that you can turn to for not doing it. The reason you don't is because you aren't committed to your decision. You've been waiting for the stars to align for that perfect moment, but that moment is never going to come. Perfectionists are procrastinators. You'll always find a reason to avoid this as long as you aren't committed.

Forget the past. Forget your assumptions that may or may not be true. Forget the perfect moment. Forget "I'll wait until I have this and that before I do something." If you really want to ask her out, then do it. It doesn't matter what your chances are. Ruminating over that is just another way of avoiding it. The past doesn't matter. The global pandemic shutdown apocalypse doesn't fucking matter. What matters is what you're going to do right now. It doesn't matter if the situation is unideal, uncomfortable, and uncertain. If you're committed to this decision, then do it. Otherwise, have fun dabbling / procrastinating / waiting for the stars to align for 5 more years.

3. Sean Scoops

Sean Scoops Fapstronaut

Dude, she literally said "yes" back then and you waited 4 months? I think it might be over already but if you want to ask her out, do it.

cr7da8055 likes this.
  4. cr7da8055

cr7da8055 Fapstronaut

Thanks for your inputs,really changed my thinking. I don’t use social media currently,we text on hangouts,she’s been inactive for about 10 days out of the blue. I don’t have access to a smartphone currently,I use my iPad. I’ll wait for sometime and do it! This time,I’m serious about doing it. Don’t want any “what if?” in my life.

5. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

This woman already knows that you like her. I'm sure she knows it even before grad day. So in her eyes you don't have the balls to ask her out. That's a really turn off for womans.
    Basically she is saying that you just can ask her out anytime. It doesn't need to be special. She is waiting for you to ask her out for some time now.
    She is telling you. "I like you, have some balls and ASK ME OUT" But you didn't.
    At this point, after 4 months of proving her that you lack of confidence to ask her out, she probably consider you just as a friend. It doesn't matter, stop wasting time and ask her out already! Maybe she still don't give up on you and you have a chance.

cr7da8055 likes this.
  6. cr7da8055

cr7da8055 Fapstronaut

Sure man! Will do asap!