1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A year clean - waited this for 3 yeaaars !

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Deleted Account, May 29, 2020.

1. Well man, the good news is that God's mercy is unmesurable. He forgives more times than we can imagine. Also he don't turn away if you make a mistake but comes looking for you, like he did when Adam failed in paradise. - He was coming to a saving mission giving Adam a chance to make things better by admitting his mistake - repenting his sin.
    Watch this VID on how big is God's grace and why He is interested in you now more when you made mistakes-

2. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Hi pcmaster,
    Your way is good and effective. I can confirm this being for 6 years clean from p&m. Go this way. it' s maybe the only really effective way to get rid of such a deep rooted and strong addiction when we live in the enviroment promoting pmo as if it were a god of pleasure. A question to you - what do you do when in temptation or an urge? Do you start praying then or?

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    pcmaster likes this.
  3. Thanks for support man. Yeah now I start to talk to God. Ask for forgiveness on sinful thoughts. But like half a year ago when urges was stronger and self control not so strong I would tell myself - No! Jesus is better! - I would choose Jesus instead of PMO. So yeah talking with God helps cause "root of sexual temptation is because of not knowing God personally." You can look it up on YT.
    Also as same pastor said - there's no God in genetalies. So I choose God instead.

4. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

How would you answer the question - why many believers are addicted to pmo or other addictions even if they regularly go to church or even if they pray every day?

5. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

I wish some one marked this post as "Religion: Christianity"
    Because as a man of faith, I respect all religions but I think its better if we refer to God as God and not take his actual name which could be different in each culture. Nonetheless this is a great thread

pcmaster likes this.
  6. Well because church is just a building. Yes you can meet God there but you can meet Him in any other place too. Yes there is chance that Holy Spirit comes to church, but there's also chance that He doesn't amd demons comes to church. It's the people who makes body of Christ not the church. All I can say is that I used come to church dirty and black like a charcoal - all covered in sin and there would be dirt from world all over me. But liturgy in church and repenting sin made me feel clean afterwards. I would do it every week - come to church dirty and come out clean. But I was still weak in a way that satan tricked me into relapses. When I came closer to God satan worked harder to distance me from Him. That's why it's hard from begining to new Christians come closer to God cause all kind of troubles arise. Also religion in church would make feel quilty and bad cause I was a sinner and other people seemed to be better and was good to me despite. I felt like I don't deserve such a good attitude from other brothers and sisters in Christ and that made feel worse and unworthy.

As for the praying daily- I remember once I prayed shorty in the moorning to God to help me but my heart was not in the prayer and actually I wanted PMO what I did afterwards. God was not in the first place in my life back then cause I would put entertainment first - playing mobile games and surfing net over Reading God's Word. So yeah. My heart was not into praying, it was filled with worldly things more. God give us free will of choice. If we want do mistakes he will let us so we can learn from them. If you look at smartest man in Bible - Salaman, then he got all his knowledge from personal mistakes but God gave Him wisdom to learn from them. We can read Proverbs and learn from him so we don't have experience everything on our own skill before we can learn.

coiljohn and maxwelfree04 like this.
  7. I have nothing against you Asgardians but I believe in only one God - trinity God - Father, Son and Holy Spirit. It was this God that helped me, not butha or allah or some other god. I know Indian spirituality is much more different but if you look at it, then much more people from India converts to Christianity not vice versa. I used to believe in Power in my younger days but it did nothing in longterm for me. So many people believe something and are sure they doing the right thing. But in the end fruits of faith speak for themselves. Whatever you believe it determens what you will do and who you become.

8. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

You nailed it, pcmaster!
    I think too the main reason prayer and going to church often don't help believers because they're not in the presence of God but in their own thoughts connected to their past, future, desires, memories, in their dream world but not in the presence of God so they stop Him from working in them. They oppose God or are closed to God even in church, even in prayer which is mostly recitation of holy texts without paying much attention to Whom they speak and what they speak. So it seems they speak to themselves but not to God. They stay in the presence of themselves but not in the presence of God. If the diagnosis is good then the most important thing is to teach them to pray, to pray so that they can try to stay in contact to God returning from their psyche. Personal live contact not formulas.
    What church are you in?

YourWellWisher likes this.
  9. YourWellWisher

YourWellWisher Fapstronaut

Hi ,

I am very much touched by the experience and faith in god you have ! It's very rare even in christians to find someone who obeys lord and his instructions with sincerity and giving up everything for the sake of the lord .

I am very much inspired by the video falling plates and words "Its the evil spirits and satan that controls people who don't have personal relationship with God. No one on his own can fight satan and his tempations.(mayadhyakshena prakritih) Cause satan is stronger than humans. We must stick with God and hide behind Jesus in order to overcome, stay protected and win addictions(sarva dharman parityajya mam ekam saranam vraja). Jesus have won all the fights, tempations but He never sined. So all I had to do is stick with Jesus to take part of His win.(nimitta matram bhava savyashachi)

But as the relationship with Jesus grows, so grows your Love for Him and like in that song - "Love will conquer all and the walls will fall." Love cleanses and gives you a better life and makes you forget and see no value in old things that didn't do you any good. God is love. And the highest form of faith is love.

Thank you for reminding me of love once again !

I will love the lord wih all my heart and everything hat i have . I forgot that i had to place him in first place and surrender everything unto him . I had to forget all things and remember that he is my father,mother ,everything ; not only mine but of every living entity ,but because of leaving him , and his instructions we are not able to see his hand and he is there always loving me but to experience his love for me i must use my free will to chose lord instead of satan(maya) .

"Because when you don't have a personal relationship with God, you don't see the strength that can help overcome moments of weakness. But believe me when I say that God is persuading you. He is inviting and waiting for you. But He is also a gentleman and doesn't pressure anything but gives a free choice of will. Jesus is knocking on your door but the handle is only on your side - only you can open that door to let Him in."

Thank you for reminding me to establish personal relationship with him by obeying him with all sincerity . I was just about to fall down , but your post had lifted me brother . Thanks .

servant of servants of the lord .

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    pcmaster likes this.
  10. YourWellWisher

YourWellWisher Fapstronaut

You dont believe me , but you just reminded me what i had to do exactly,the exact point i was lacking ! Thanks !

11. Well Im in the home church now - just a few of us like 8 people meet in Sundays and spend all day together, worshiping, eating, reading Word and praying for each other. Also we meet 2 more times during the week on working days we spend nights pretty much like we do on days on Sundays. We all used to go to a Lutheran church but left year ago because God and His Word was not in first place there anymore, Holy SPirit left that church because of it and so did wee cause coming put of there made us emptier, not fuller like it used to be. They prayed for us like half a year afterward cause it hit church hard financially too. Afterward I went also to Babtist church and it felt great at begining but I knew I have to choose one church since going to both was too much for me and too little for both of them. When churches got closed during the virus it helped me to leave Babtist church for good. Our hime church was always in first place to me and we always kept meeting no matter what goverment said. Even police couldn't stop us from meeting. We always kept hugging too.

12. It good to know that my story inspired You. All Glory to God !

13. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

I agree, the government and police have no right to forbid prayer meetings or services. Even in the worst covid period people could go to supermarkets to do shopping but in some countries it was forbidden to gather in church in more numbers than 5 people. It was ridiculous because in my country many churches are bigger or similarly as big as supermarkets where there were allowed 50 people. Your experience with Lutheran and Babtist churches are interesting. They can give a good base. I assume the churches you used to go were pro LGBT plus other modernism which is contrary to the Scriptures.

14. Thanks for the warning. Sure we always should stay awake cause like in the Bible is written - those who think they are standing should look not to fall. - It's about the fight for those who think they are strong in Lord. This virus was only beginning and so many fell back. It was a real test of faith for all. Whole churches got closed. But I know even some big church in my country did work during the night - they gathered together and closed-door with a lock so police couldn't enter since they had no rights to break in. With our home church, we were meeting in private properties where police had no rights to enter. But police did come to check but we ignored them.

All I can say is that there will be more and bigger faith tests than this. God have planned all this and those who do not walk with Him will suffer. That is his plan. But of course, He wants everyone to come to His loving hands. I'm not a prophet but this is what I understood from other people.

This guy did inspire me and I like how dude at 18 years of age is at fire for Lord. 6 months ago - before the virus - Lord told him - Seek Me with all your heart cause life will not be as it used to be -

Also, guys, this is my last day on the internet. I plan go all summer - 90+ days to go without internet(no smartphone, PC, TV). I did some 40 days fasts without internet before and it was great coming closer to God, by reading more and he also talked with me in my dreams. Since going without food seems dangerous for me I chose to fast without internet. And this time without sweets too.

God bless you all guys. May God's peace be with you.

15. Stp890

Stp890 Fapstronaut

Congratulation brother,a year is actually a huge success,keep it up brother.

16. Thanks. Keeping it up with the help of God's grace.

UPDATE: so first time on nofap in 3 months. I did survive of terms of no PMO and did 62 days without internet, but afterward used a little watsapp when traveling abroad cause unexpected things happened, and also my button phone died. Still have to admit that had one wet dream because I did not keep clean my mind - watched a lot of Christian movies in a row on the phone that was on a memory card.
    Anyway in January I started a bodybuilding journey and now I have lost 10KG(most of it is fat). Doing a little weight training too in Sundays(but mostly dieting), but today had idea that nofap dont just go well training but also with studying. Yesterday had a dream about school again. Also, the previous year was dreaming about school when September came close. That might be a sign that I have to study something. A lot of free courses available online so will check them out if there is something that will be useful for me.

Still have to be honest that year was pretty easy to do. Real urges came around 400 days, despite reading a lot of bible also had to take a few cold showers after work. Mostly had a cold shower every morning but today had a warm one since the night was cold and slept with open window.
    Its a way of life and just like riding a bike you have to keep the balance not to fall. Sometimes you can ride without the hands but always have to be ready to grip it stronger in case things get shaky. Experience helps, skill helps, luck helps, but mostly God and Jesus Christ help to stay on a straight, narrow road. Way to hell is anywhere where you turn away from that road but that's why we are warned to stay alert and follow Christ.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2020
  17. Just noticed that I haven't replied to you.
    Agree. it was ridiculous and still is. Well, more base knowledge about God and faith I received from Bible studies with brothers and sisters in Christ. Churches gave more insight into church life and how they are run. We don't really have modern LGBT churches but it still too many preachers and their bosses see it as a job, not a lifestyle or serving God. That's the main problem why it goes against scriptures.

Do you too see a lot of stuff about the last days? I was watching few Prophets on YT and they kinda got a little lukewarm lately.
    This is one I found recently and seems still on fire for God.

18. ALEX_88

ALEX_88 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

satan is us... he is not a character with tail and horns, there is no such character in the Bible... it's a pagan invention. Satan simply means enemy of God... and it's us when we do the opposite of what he says

19. MrBlue201

MrBlue201 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Scientifically, God worked in this guys situation! That is his success story. He deserves to write it how he wants to. Maybe other ways might work too, but those are from other people's posts.

20. MrBlue201

MrBlue201 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Thank you for sharing this! I think God is calling me out of this sin too. Slowly, but surely. My identity is in Christ also! :)

pcmaster likes this.