1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

10 Day habit builder Challenge, April 17-27

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

I also get tempted during study, it's pretty weird. I think it's about having to follow lessons online these days

2. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

I have kept up with reading through the psalms btw, but I find it a little difficult to write my thought about them on paper

Tao Jones likes this.
  3. frogs2345

frogs2345 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I get tempted during study because I'm trying to get my mind focused on reading scripture and I find just plain reading scripture a little boring sometimes. Also it's because I'm tired and alone after work.

Day 0. Played my guitar. Gave in right before bed. Stayed up too late with friends.

I don't really have any response to Psalm 13. I know God has not abandoned me. I am the one who runs away. I find it hard to rejoice when I run away because I feel like I should have done better and then I come slinking back to God who forgives me. I worry this struggle might go on for all my life.

4. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

I relapsed today as well. Feel bad about it, also worried about future. But I will start again, from today.

LonelyStrength likes this.
  5. What is your sacred pathway? "Plain reading scripture" is not the ideal way that everyone connects with God. What way do you connect that does *not* ever feel boring?

https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/2988a589/files/uploaded/sacred-pathways.pdf

6. LonelyStrength

LonelyStrength Fapstronaut

im still here guys, tying to stay sober, been free for a few days now.

Kemar935 and Tao Jones like this.
  7. frogs2345

frogs2345 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Day 0.
    Gave in again this morning. Felt bad all day because of it. Played my guitar for a little bit before meeting with my Bible study group online.

Psalm 14 reminds me of reading the Case For the Creator, by Lee Strobel. I am reading through it and some of the scientific evidence for a Creator makes so much more sense than all creatures came from a random cell that spawned from random chemicals on a random planet in an randomly generated and started infinite universe some arbitrary amount of time ago. The fool says there is no God. That's right. The universe itself declares God's majesty and creativity. Anyone would be foolish to say we are nothing but the product of chemical reactions disobeying entropy for a bit.

8. frogs2345

frogs2345 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I
    I took the test and it says I'm the Intellectual. I do focus more when learning new things about God and the universe. I would love to find a history based chronological Bible reading order that explained all the context of the laws, Psalms, and prophets, but I don't know if there is one. I'm doing a year Bible plan right now and that is the time I'm tempted because I'm reading stuff that I have no idea the context or understanding of.

Tao Jones and Kemar935 like this.
  9. frogs2345

frogs2345 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Sorry for triple post.
    Psalm 15 reminds me that God will bless the righteous for their deeds. It may not be in ways we expect but it will always be what we needed in ways we could not have come up with.

I did play my guitar and did not pmo.

Tao Jones and LonelyStrength like this.
  10. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

I relapsed once more yesterday guys. I was tempted not telling you, because I felt ashamed I PMO'd twice in two days. But if I'm not even honest with you guys, how could I ever fight this. I spend the whole sunday reading books and listening to church on TV, not looking on mobile at all. Everything went okay untill the last moment where I wanted to check some messages before bed, I suddenly got hit with the images I saw the first time I pmo'd and couldn't resist. Well I could, but I didn't, I didn't listen to God I listened to myself.

Therefore I'm gonna change something in my life again, from now on I will not allow myself to look on my mobile phone after 8.30 PM. This is possible since my girlfriend sleeps during that time (time difference) and if I and my friends would have an appointment that evening we would have messaged before that time. This also should put the time I spend time on mobile or pc in private spaces on a minimum. I generally already had told myself to do everything in public. Only with certain school assignment where I have to record my voice I'll have to have a private space.

I love Psalm 15, it shows me how I would love to live my life. And I feel blessed that everyday God gives me a new change to try and live like that.

Tao Jones likes this.
  11. Are you reading through the Bible in a year because that is the Spirit's will for you or because it sounded like a good idea at the time? If your reading is taking you through a "dry spell," is that something to simply endure or is it a sign to maybe try a different tack? I can't answer these questions for you, but they are the questions I would be asking the Spirit.

If you are an Intellectual, what does God want you to do with that intellect he has blessed you with? Muddle through archaic legalese? Maybe! But, if so, with what purpose? Just to say you read it without understanding? Or to dig deeper than a mere surface reading? As an Intellectual, you need to engage with whatever material you are reading. If you just give it a shallow treatment, its effect on you will be shallow. But if you dig deep, then the Word will embed itself deep within you, too!

And congrats on two weeks of freedom!

12. You do well to confess immediately and stay honest. If you continue to do so, you are on the path and making progress. If you stop being honest with us (and yourself!), you are off the path and headed back to destruction. Do not do this!

Kemar935 likes this.
  13. LonelyStrength

dang .. well don't feel too bad, theres people who have it worse, a have experiences whereI pmo daily, and thats the worst.

Kemar935 likes this.
  14. frogs2345

frogs2345 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

It's not been two weeks. I just forget to update the counter online.

I relapsed today. Didn't play my guitar either. Just gave in during a shower. Lot of tempting thoughts and had sex dreams all night. I honestly don't know what enables me to go longer. I sometimes get a week or two now sweat but most of the time 3 days is a struggle.

15. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

I understand yeah, for me it feels similair. I guess as long as we keep going, and try to everytime reflect as to why we gave in to PMO, eventually there will be a day we will get longer streaks. But it's a one day at a time approach no matter big my streak is

Tao Jones likes this.
  16. frogs2345

frogs2345 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Day 1
    Did not pmo. Played a little guitar after Bible study. Played some songs from Big Daddy Weave.

I'm not sure which Psalm so I read 16. At God's right hand are pleasures forevermore. Think about that. How often has something you enjoyed eventually become dull. A TV show or video game. A favorite food. A sport or a hobby. God is creative enough to have pleasures that never run dry or dull for those who follow Him. John Piper writes about glorifying God by enjoying Him and His presence being the highest form or glory you can give Him. When you take pleasure in lifting up His name, you and God both increase in joy and God gets more glory. Imagine how popular Christian music would be if it wasn't joyful. It would just be songs about how we have restrictions on our lives because God told us to. God's laws and commands are intended to prevent us from losing the joy of being with Him and the pleasures he intended for our lives.

17. LonelyStrength

I want to add that I starting doing stretching as a new routine yesterday, I plan on doing this for 30 days

Tao Jones likes this.
  18. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Well said! and yes it was Psalm 16 indeed today. Just imagine that we can't even start imagining how heaven will be, and that we will be able to live for eternity with him. I have read the book which is called ''the boy who visited heaven'' or something like that anyway. It's a story about a boy who went into coma when really young and claimed to have been in Heaven during that time. Now people have different opinions about wether or not to believe this story and to what extend, but what I always remember from reading that book is that the boy said there were milions of colors that were not here on earth. So regardless of what people think about the book, just think about it. Since we can't imagine heaven it's very well possible that there are loads of colors we haven't seen yet. Now on earth I sitll can't get tired of the limited colors that we have here (like seeing the sun set). Just imagine if there would be milions more when we are in heaven, life would just never ever get dull.

19. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Relapsed again, which brings me on a bad row. The trigger was because I got into an argument with my mother yesterday, which was caused because of the tension my mother and father are having in their relationship at this moment. They aren't on great terms, to say the least. I went upstairs with my mobile, still tried to watch youtube instead of P, but eventually gave in. Although this was the trigger, in no way do I justify what I did, I totally ignored the 8.30 PM rule I put up for myself and ignored Gods voice telling me to stop. This time I can't think of anything particular which I could change to prevent this trigger, but I'll try to find new ways.

For the one's wondering, after P I prayed to God, asked for forgiveness and went down to talk with my mother. We talked for a long time, and eventually solved our issue, as always it was nice and relieving.

Today I am feeling Good, and I thank God for that. I'll try to focus and fight for today!

Praying for you All Tao, lonelystrength and frog2345. I also feel worried about free4ever, I hope he is doing okay.

Tao Jones likes this.
  20. frogs2345

frogs2345 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Day 2.
    Lot of temptation today. Did not get to play my guitar because I was out with my dad at a doctor's appointment. I had to drive him home.

Psalm 17 is a really good one. First, verse 6: "I call upon you for you will answer me." Contrast this with all the talk of idols in Isaiah and Jeremiah. The idols do not speak and are made by human hands. God is un-made, or has no beginning or end, and speaks to us. Why run to anything that man made for comfort when God alone with give us a reply.

The last three verse remind me of CS Lewis' essay "The Weight of Glory." He writes about how we are far to easily amused and satisfied with everything on earth. "Our desires are not too strong [for the things of earth], but too weak." We are content in squalor and reject the offer of living in constant joy and endless riches with God. Mind you, not earthly riches like money or fame, but the heavenly riches of knowing and experiencing God.

Kemar935 and Tao Jones like this.