1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

500+ days of PMO abstinence and its life-changing effects (4 parts in this thread).

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Angus McGyver, Jul 19, 2019.

Does this success story continue to help you in your struggle?

Poll closed Aug 18, 2019.
  1. Yes, it definitely does

12 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, it doesn't help much

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

@Angus McGyver
    Ya, I agree.
    P isn’t my Problem, I stopped P 2 long months ago.
    M is the issue I’m facing.

Angus McGyver likes this.
  2. runksoneck

runksoneck Fapstronaut

what your thoughts about M?

3. egill

egill Fapstronaut

Yes, at the end of the day, it's just another soulless money making machine that preys on our most fundamental human desire. We addicts are trained for years to view another human being merely as a bunch of pixels for us to get off.

Thanks so much for sharing your recovery journey. I can't believe you're a non-native English speaker!

Angus McGyver likes this.
  4. StrongWolf

StrongWolf Fapstronaut

I have a question: In the 500 days of NoFap, were nocturnal emissions something that happend often? Did you have sex with women in this period?
    I know a little about the semen being reabsorbed by the body, but from my experience, it can't be just that, sometimes it just has to come out, one way or another. How was it for you?

5. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

Thank you mate!
    It is my pleasure sharing those recovery-stories since it really forces me trying to put in words all the different qualms, broodings, and mental havocs I was going through during most of the time. As you come out on the other side, it actually becomes much easier trying to piece and puzzle the parts together as your self-awareness and level of consciousness has increased, as well as your humility and comprehension regarding other men's current struggle.
    Despite having been one of those formerly lost souls who did just that a few times per week for 14-15 years, I could in the midst of it all still instinctively feel that something about it was utterly wrong. Simply, because the sense of shame, guilt and filthiness I felt after each session told me that it isn't a good and healthy thing to pursue.

I lived in an English-speaking country for almost six years, hence my decent writing. The reason for my multiple hyphenations are simply linguistic since most longer words in my native language are mostly written as one compounded word and not two shorter ones apart.

egill likes this.
  6. Angus McGyver

The nocturnal emissions happened less frequently with time (nowadays maybe 4-5 times per year at most) and more frequently in the beginning but I have realized that insufficient sleep, stress-levels, long travels and deviations from your good habits contribute to them more.
    No, I have been on hard-mode for almost 2 1/2 years now and it might be a big challenge at first to keep the streak going after having engaged in some sexual activity (as that's something I'm not used to as well).
    However, that itself is only secondary to the bigger goals, purposes and ambitions I have in life right now and it will never be on my priority list either. Because, in the moment you give sex too much power and importance in your daily life, your big goals and plans will plummet into mediocrity since much of your productive energy, drive and motivation is sucked away.

Breakthrough23 likes this.
  7. Angus McGyver

Of course that you should avoid it for all future if you can as that sucks your energy, drive and motivation out from you.

8. Ortiz

Ortiz New Fapstronaut

where ia the lst part ....when you had stopped ...wha changed and how are u fairing on ....if you dont mind

9. Angus McGyver

I don't want to be a grammar police or something but please spell consider some proper spelling and write the words out properly if I am going to have a chance of figuring out what you're trying to say or ask. As of now, I can only figure out the first question (despite a missing question-mark):
    I have simply not finished it because I have been busy with other projects meanwhile and the remainders of the story haven't been my top priority. It's no more complicated than that.

10. Wow, thank you for sharing man.

Breakthrough23 and Angus McGyver like this.
  11. Josphat

Josphat Fapstronaut

That is my life man

Breakthrough23 and Angus McGyver like this.
  12. Josphat

Josphat Fapstronaut

I just love Muhammad and Quran things, too much knowledge hidden in different angles.

13. Angus McGyver

Varsågod mannen!

14. Truly appreciate your success story. I can relate to a lot of what you said. I am a little older than you and I can't waste anymore time. I want to live an amazing life and so I am fully committed. Things need to change now and hope I can finally slay the dragon after all these years.

werwerzz and Angus McGyver like this.
  15. Angus McGyver

Wait until you're far into a NoFap-streak, have gotten rid off all drugs like caffeine/coffee, tobacco (or whatever they may be) and implemented some IM-fasting into your life. It will be taken to a whole new level after that, for sure. For me, it has really slowed down my aging a whole lot, almost to the point where I barely seem to age nowadays while still looking sharp and fresh.

Breakthrough23 and werwerzz like this.
  16. Angus McGyver

Heel erg bedankt mijn vriend!
    (Ik spreek een klein beetje Nederlands, maar mijn schrijven is slecht)

17. Angus McGyver

It is very hard but you have to take the battle one day, one week at a time. Just trying to shoot for a lifetime ahead right now is just going to bring you disappointment and beat up yourself too often. Another suggestion I have is to stop counting the days (at least not to obsess about it) once you've made it to 100 days or so.

thinking_differently likes this.
  18. thinking_differently

thinking_differently Fapstronaut

Yes. That’s why I have decided to check in to various challenges once every 4 days or so..

19. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

Congrats for escaping this vicious circle . Enjoy your life to the fullest friend :)

20. I_am_Auras

I_am_Auras Fapstronaut