1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

45 year-old, 140+ days

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by egill, May 20, 2020.

1. egill

egill Fapstronaut

I'm 45+ year old guy, married with kids. I've been abusing myself with PMO since my mid teens.

Almost a year ago I read stories for the first time here. While they were all inspirational and filled with lessons, there was always a doubt in my mind if I too could make it. 30 days seemed too long. 90 days unthinkable.

Today I can categorically say that it IS doable. I just want to share with you what a NF recovery looks like in my year-long chart below so if you're new to this journey, don't be despair with the little missteps along the way. Most of us (99 of 100?) will have to go through this.
    [​IMG]
    Over the past year, it took me 22+ attempts to get it right. I don't consider myself healed yet, but I'm much more confident to keep going for another day now.

If there's something to take home it's this: You must find your own, bespoke recovery recipe to succeed in this journey. Yes there are abundant of guides, shared experiences, how tos, tips and tricks out there. Ultimately you must refine them to suit your own unique state of being. At least this is one thing I learn from my journey.

I wrote more about the chart in my journal entry here

My gratitude to Alex, to all of you on NF who make what seems impossible possible.

One day at a time is how we get there.

Rosamund, Da Khalo, Fysiker and 36 others like this.
  2. PowerfulSRE

PowerfulSRE Distinguished Fapstronaut

Congratulations man. Keep doing the good work. And thank you for sharing, I am sure this is good inspiration for other guys. Mine chart would look pretty much the same, I just needed 2 years for my current almost 120 days streak.

3. egill

egill Fapstronaut

Thanks, mate. Man, talk about perseverance over those 2 years! May we have a long lasting streak ahead

PowerfulSRE likes this.
  4. :)-keepsmiling

:)-keepsmiling Fapstronaut

5. biggame5k

biggame5k Fapstronaut

Awesome!....Has this helped your marriage?

6. egill

egill Fapstronaut

Thanks mate, I never got this far before finding NF.

:)-keepsmiling likes this.
  7. egill

egill Fapstronaut

Definitely, though I'm lucky I haven't got major issues with my missus, and haven't got to the point of any performance issues. We're always affectionate, although the s* gets rarer over time and it's always out of my initiations. But lately it's been the other way around. I got services from my SO sometimes out of the blue. I feel wanted by her. Life *is* good :)

EdricKr and biggame5k like this.
  8. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Congratulations on your achievements! Definitely that's not a linear and straightforward journey! My longest streak was 300+ days and even then I was not "cured". It's always an ongoing challenge and battle. all the best

9. egill

egill Fapstronaut

Thanks, mate.It's a timely reminder. After the 90/100 days I think a bigger challenge is overconfidence. It's like the monkey on your back now that it is less annoying, it gets more wily.

10. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

Congrats mate! Not only to the streak itself but even more so to the perseverance of not giving up, despite all the relapses during last year where most lads probably would have.
    Although my current life-situation is not similar to yours (as I am unmarried without kids), feel always free to read any of my long stories in the link below if you want some additional inspiration (assuming you have the patience to read most of them):

https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?t...rts-in-this-thread.244844/page-5#post-2501581

Asgardian36 likes this.
  11. yoko MD

yoko MD Fapstronaut

you are such an inspiaration for any one thinking about giving up .. congrats man really happy for you

Claude1 likes this.
  12. Riskyrisk10

Riskyrisk10 Fapstronaut

Cingaratulation man. So inspirational. I hope i can achive like you do

13. egill

egill Fapstronaut

@Angus McGyver ,@yoko MD , @Riskyrisk10 Thanks, friends. Your words are encouraging. The collective effort and wisdom on NF are what keeps me going for another day.

The downside of forums like this is that over time some gems got buried deep over time. Appreciate the pointer to your "novel", mate. It sure gives me that boost of inspiration.

14. Anakin1

Anakin1 New Fapstronaut

Thank you man . It was very inspiring for me.
    Keep going:emoji_ok_hand::emoji_ok_hand:

15. Claude1

Claude1 Fapstronaut

I understand what you say, I have live the same thing. But be assured that complete cure is possible and that will happen at the right time to you if you wish it with all your heart. My story here : https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?t...-available-in-these-challenging-times.278174/

Freeddom_Taker likes this.
  16. egill

egill Fapstronaut

Thanks mate. I have to say it's not easy to keep going even after months of streak, but I definitely feel more strength to ignore the whispers which are now getting less and less intense.

17. egill

egill Fapstronaut

I want to believe this. I imagine being completely healed is like being reborn. At this point though, I'm just looking forward to one year of being clean, which seems quite achievable. Afterwards, I'll see where this journey will take me. Thanks for the link, mate.

18. SREENII

SREENII Fapstronaut

congrats man..champions never giveup..you are a champion

19. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

dude...great achievement! Keep it going! Its not about the streak. Its about making progress in life. I hope you are. I've had 160 day streak which amounted to absolutely fucking nothing...It may seem like I am downplaying your victory, but I wanna say that tracking your recovery based on the number of days you go without fapping to P is not good enough.

Godspeed!

Fred's_SoberParrot likes this.