1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. @Pirate3819 !! As of yesterday you have extended your impressive streak to 6 months (183 days), and have been awarded the prestigious 6 Month Medal of Honor! :emoji_medal:Congratulations on this great achievement!

@magvor - Congrats on your 30 days!

@seaguy44 - You have been added to the member ranking. Welcome to the group!

2. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

So there is a new guy on the See the World challenge that recently started his own challenge. It's different from the other challenges in that it is about music. Basically, every time you reach 7 days (of any goal it seems) you are eligible to request a song to be played by the DJ on Friday night. Then, on Friday night, the DJ (Fred) will 'play' the songs, which means that he will compile them into one post and then you listen/watch it on your own. I love it because it is interactive and fun. He also changes the theme every week. This week it is The Beatles. Anyway here is the link. Hope to see you over there.

https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?t...reds-garage-12-june-2020-nominate-now.278251/

artifact and JJ_Kino like this.
  3. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

67 !! Breaking a new record for me. Walking one day at a time!

4. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Congrats man! And every single day you will be breaking a new record. Keep it up.

JJ_Kino, GottaBFree, magvor and 2 others like this.
  5. I screwed up again today. I feel terrible right now. I have strength and control sometimes and then it I lose it without even knowing why or what exactly went wrong. I am happy to see some of you guys with some long streaks going on. Keep Going

JJ_Kino, GottaBFree, magvor and 2 others like this.
  6. magvor

magvor Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I can't overstate just how much of a difference it has made to be a part of this group. I know myself and, without you guys, I'm pretty sure that I'd have fallen over at least twice by now.

On and off, I've been trying to give up on PM for many years - my longest "streak", if you like, has been about 3 months. I've "been under" for such long spells, sometimes years at a time, without even caring or making the slightest effort to stop. Long story short, it's a difficult thing to overcome.

Being here, even just checking in once or twice a week, somehow lessens the struggle. I wouldn't say that the last 32 days have been effortless, but they have been the easiest 32 days ever. Considering that they have also been the first 32 days, I'm just in amazement and more than a little disbelief.

Thank you everyone for such support. I know that I could not do this without you!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  7. Rebooter13

Rebooter13 Fapstronaut

Checking in , a little tired from a busy day and a hard workout routine but not in the mood for pm at all.
    Maybe i'll watch a stand up show on netflix and go to to sleep.
    I hope you are all fine!

discovery, magvor, GottaBFree and 2 others like this.
  8. Glad to hear that!

JJ_Kino likes this.
  9. Pirate3819

Pirate3819 Fapstronaut

I relapsed tonight. Sorry to let y'all down. I will explain what lead to my relapse after taking a moment of thinking about all the events leading up to it. It has been a struggle for me the last 2-3 weeks and I caved. No excuses, just lessons. I have been on many streaks before and it seems like the summer time always gives me issues.

10. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

On Sunday I committed to making it through tomorrow. That’s all I’m focused on is one more day, then I’d like to make another longer than one day short term goal.

I’m struggling to get started - lots going on in the real world for me right now. I feel like I need to expect more from myself. I feel like I have been caving too easily lately.

Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone. It seems like an overall positive vibe for the the group right now. That is great to see.

Rebooter13, artifact, JJ_Kino and 2 others like this.
  11. You didn't let us down. You showed us all how it's done with that 6 month streak! I'd be happy just to make it 90 days.

12. boyrose

boyrose Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group.

magvor, discovery and GottaBFree like this.
  13. Merry Terry

Merry Terry Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group.

magvor, discovery and GottaBFree like this.
  14. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Checking in, tired but up for the reboot from today....

magvor, JJ_Kino and discovery like this.
  15. David2018

David2018 Fapstronaut

I'm just 2 hours away from hitting 2 days. Can't wait.

discovery and JJ_Kino like this.
  16. I have read the rules and would like to join this group

discovery, JJ_Kino and GottaBFree like this.
  17. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

Checking in ! Hope you're all ok

discovery, JJ_Kino and artifact like this.
  18. Hey man, I know it's disappointing after such a great streak. You've learned that's it's possible to beat this thing though. We know it can be tough to get going again (I've had a very difficult time with that the past few months) but relapsing or resetting just once is not really a big deal in the long run. In my opinion, you are still on a great streak if you can get right back on track. You're brain has probably done some significant healing, and relapsing once does not wash that all away. I don't know, maybe just pretend it didn't really happen.

19. @boyrose , @Merry Terry , and @Andre82 - You have all been added to the member ranking. Welcome to the group, I hope you find it helpful.

20. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Reset at a week.

JJ_Kino likes this.