1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

45 year-old, 140+ days

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by egill, May 20, 2020.

1. DanyOs

DanyOs New Fapstronaut

2. egill

egill Fapstronaut

Appreciate your encouragement, mate. I totally agree with you that abstaining and counting days don't cut it as far as real recovery goes. Maybe it works for a small minority of us, but for others including myself I believe it entails consistent, long term improvements of multiple aspects of our being. I'm somewhat data-oriented, so my record keeping is something I enjoy doing.

90 days are like in a game where you clear the first level. We're not close to meet the boss yet, but we keep upgrading! :)

Asgardian36 and pancabalani like this.
  3. pancabalani

pancabalani Fapstronaut

Congrats @egill! Let's go for the next level!

4. egill

egill Fapstronaut

Thanks @pancabalani, I hope I don't have to "respawn" this time :)

pancabalani likes this.
  5. SomeGuy514

SomeGuy514 Fapstronaut

Hey quick question I’m new to this if you successfully reboot are you no longer allowed to fap?

6. It's a bit of a weird family here but .. proud of you!
    You have lots of good things to expect so keep it going.

7. techmaverick_x

techmaverick_x Fapstronaut

Thank you for sharing this today I needed this!)

egill likes this.
  8. egill

egill Fapstronaut

I don't know a quick answer to this, really. I don't consider myself "successfully reboot" yet even up to today at 160+ days. But then there are levels of recovery that I consider a success so that I don't feel burned out as I aim for a year-long streak.

It really depends on the individual to fap or not after 90 days. As I understood, you don't fap until you can detach fapping from P including the fantasy inside the brain.

9. egill

egill Fapstronaut

Thanks so much @PaulPaul. Yep, it feels paradoxical here... anonymous, yet close-knit.

I can't wait what's in store after 700+ days of freedom like yourself!

PaulPaul likes this.
  10. great advice!