1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

PS5 event: what are your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by AtomicTango, Jun 11, 2020.

1. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

So the PS5 reveal has just finished. Not going to lie, I went into it with low expectations and came away kinda impressed with games such as Deathloop and the new Ratchet and Clank. Demons Souls Remake and Resident Evil 8 were definitely my top picks. I would be interested in hearing if anyone else has any thoughts?

2. FutureKing

FutureKing Fapstronaut

If they keep the controller nearly identical to the last 4 systems, then they're getting $500-600 from me. As for launch titles they are all usually meh until a few years in when they start pushing the hardware to its limits.

Fenris the Dread Wolf likes this.
  3. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

sticking to PC yet another year, but the design is awesome

4. GigglingTrout

GigglingTrout Fapstronaut

I'm glad to see Little Devil Inside is still going. It always seem like there was a chance the project might be abandoned, since updates about it rarely popped up during the last 5 years. But the fact that it was in the PS5 event was super reassuring (and quite surprising too).

Stoked about that and RE8.

5. I really like the design. I'm really hyped for Resident Evil 8 and for the Spider-Man game. Demon's Souls looks awesome too.
    I'll probably wait for them to release a better version like they did with the PS4 PRO to get it

Shadow™輝ツ and Taylor25 like this.
  6. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Seems to me like Sony are actually trying to make this not the case. A new Spiderman game, Horizon game, and Ratchet and Clank seems pretty damn good assuming they all launch in 2021. As for the controller, looks slightly different, but not drastically so.

7. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I honestly dont like the design. I could tolerate it if it was in black but I have to assume that will happen at some point in the near future.

8. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I remember a friend telling me about Little Devil years ago, I thought it looked great, then I completely forgot about it. Its nice to see its still happening but I wonder why its taken this long.

As for Resi 8, hell yeah. It seems to be using aspects of the unused Resi 4 build that was made before the version we actually got, the one with the hallucinations and the tiny dolls that attack Leon (you can see the same dolls at one point in the trailer.)

9. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

They definitely impressed me with the amount of exclusives right out of the gate. I am still probably not gonna get one any time soon, same as you though.

10. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I'm excited for the Horizon sequel. Godfall looks dope, too. It reminds me of DMC. :)

11. Supination

Supination Fapstronaut

Am i the only one who's really uncomfortable with the design and the white console and controller color?
    I really hope they'll release a black version on launch.
    Looking forward to some non exclusive games gameplays :p

12. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Yeah I really dont like the design, I dont get why its not black either.

13. FutureKing

FutureKing Fapstronaut

I'm super dialed in on the Sony controller, and would loath having to reprogram myself to play with any other controller layout. I have missed entire quality franchises over this preference.

14. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I understand, but at the same time it doesnt take much reprogramming to use more than one type of controller, just needs a little bit of time for it to become muscle memory then you are set. It is also possible to use the PS controller on other platforms sometimes, for example you can use the PS4 controller on a PC.

15. FutureKing

FutureKing Fapstronaut

The games I want are years off anyways. Bethesda is stressing me out with their company's business strategies, and is destroying a lot of long term earned trust. Elder Scrolls 6 is the main game I am patiently waiting for. Before I wouldn't doubt Bethesda in any way. Now in the back of my mind I'm like "what if they seriously screw this up after all this time."

16. Resident Evil 8 :emoji_ok_hand:

No Silent Hill (again) :emoji_middle_finger:

AngelofDarkness and DyingStar like this.
  17. FutureKing

FutureKing Fapstronaut

For the controller, I have some pretty bad hand eye coordination. I could never play competitively in any way in a pure skill based game. When you hand me anything not designed for a small child, I choke badly skillwise. Oh I can play say Pokemon all day. You hand me Gears of War or Halo, and I look like a noob.

AtomicTango likes this.
  18. FutureKing

FutureKing Fapstronaut

I'm decent on PC, but you have to be some sort of special not to be able to aim like a god with a mouse, and spam hotkeys.

19. Don't forget PS3 Super Slim which was my first PS3 ever. I always wait for a slim/pro design and better hardware with better price. 500 or 600 dollars for the PS5 is still a no-no for me.

20. If I'm being honest it was bloody underwhelming, and not at all what I expected for the "next-gen" reveal after having to wait so long. The majority I won't be playing (certainly not the RE franchise anymore), though Ratchet and Clank as usual looks fun but it's Sackboy: A Big Adventure that purely makes me want to get it, especially for the coop with my SO.

My biggest complaint is what the bloody hell kind of design is that for the PS5? There were so many decent and even cool looking concepts out there, yet they had to choose one that looks like my router. Not to mention each time they release a console we loose more and more USB ports.

I'm most worried about how they're going to go about game sharing or "profile swapping" in households, me and my partner save a lot of money only having to buy games through his account since that's currently allowed. If they change it to where I would have to buy the same game to play with him and pay double, I wouldn't be able to afford it anymore, though it's not like I can afford the price of the PS5 anytime soon but still. lol

In terms of the controller, it looks pretty cool in white but the blandness is what bothers me. If they added some colour like this I would be way happier. This took me two seconds to do... a.jpg