1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Not loosing weight

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Cypher123, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Cypher123

Cypher123 Fapstronaut

I've been doing cardio for 4 weeks now and eating healthy food only 3 times a day(my calorie intake is less) and I've been doing 2sets of 10 push ups every day but im not loosing weight and im not sure why

2. PatrickJames

PatrickJames Fapstronaut

You lose weight by creating a calorie deficit. That is the simple solution.

Cypher123 likes this.
  3. Cypher123

Cypher123 Fapstronaut

No problem

4. DuckofDeath

DuckofDeath Fapstronaut

You don't provide much detail about what kind of cardio you're doing or what 'healthy' means with regard to diet. A lot of people who are new to fitness make the mistake of overindulging in foods like fruit and yogurt, not realizing that both are high in sugars. Although these options are still better than a Big Mac, you can't just gobble them down without consequences.

I recommend reducing carb intake, especially pasta. Oatmeal or some type of raisin bran type cereal has given me great benefits when leaning out.

Chicken breast is a great option. Learn to love vegetables. Lettuce, spinach, asparagus, and broccoli will help you lose weight and feel great while doing it. Now I look forward to my leafy green salads with cheese and pepperoni.

As far as cardio goes: you might need to increase intensity. Try to work in multiple forms of cardio-running, cycling, hiking, elliptical machine so on. If you have any previous athletic background, take up your old sport to stay active too.

I quit smoking a few years ago, and like many people I gained weight. Roughly 20lbs in a year! Ouch. I've always been lean my whole life so I was determined to lose the weight. I lost the weight, and along the way I learned its actually shockingly easy to remain fit and trim as an adult. It takes some knowledge, a little daily discipline but at your age you can definitely reach your fitness goals.

Also, I don't know if you consume soft drinks. But the NUMBER 1 thing hands down that everyone can do to lose weight is to give up soda. If you drink soda and you drop it, within a month I GUARANTEE you will be happy with the results.

PatrickJames likes this.
  5. PatrickJames

PatrickJames Fapstronaut

Good advice there brother.

Soda is an absolute killer. Especially refined sugar. About once a week I have a little cheat and have something sweet and that's my bad but it's really best to cut out the sugar.

I was a competitive bodybuilder and achieved some success in that strange sport. We would cut bodyfat before shows by gradually reducing carbs and at times eating only lean protein and leafy/chunky greens. This worked well but you felt like crap. Especially since you were also training hard and doing cardio.

DuckofDeath likes this.
  6. Mike28

Mike28 Fapstronaut

Agreed!
    Something else I love to do when cutting/'trying to lose weight' is going for walks. I have a fitness tracker, but I believe most phones count your steps too. Set a goal and try to hit it at least five times per week. Just walking will burn so many calories and I find it to be pretty relaxing. You can listen to music or a podcast to make it more interesting.

7. PatrickJames

PatrickJames Fapstronaut

I totally agree about the walking.

I love walking, it's so much easier on my joints and tendons, plus I can pray while I walk.

I do the stairs in my condo 3 or 4 times a week for the added boost. It's tough but worth it.