1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What Do You Live for?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Immor, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Immor

Immor Fapstronaut

A hundred years ago the question would have been easy and everyone would have answered with "God." and with that have a good motivation and moral compass.
    These days it is not so simple for most people.
    I used to live for the good of the world, then for dead people, and most recently for myself. However living for myself is not good enough, because it makes me very vulnerable to seeking pleasure in the moment, saying "Fuck it all", and the like.

So out of curiosity and possibly for inspiration - What do you live for?

2. *****

***** Fapstronaut

My non religious answer is:
    I live for my academic dreams.

NoBrainer likes this.
  3. beauty

beauty Fapstronaut

I live for everyone that has had their life taken too soon. Living in today's world is the utmost blessing.

buzzlightyear likes this.
  4. IGY

IGY Guest

I live for my dear old mum. When we die I shall be burnt, but if I had a headstone, an apt epitaph would be the one ^above^:

Remember that guy that gave up? Neither does anybody else

***** likes this.
  5. Powerof3

Powerof3 Fapstronaut

I haven't figured that one out yet. For now I just am.

6. KoalaDude

KoalaDude Fapstronaut

Dunno why it would have been easy to live for God back then as it is now.
    God will always be relevant no matter what day and age we live in.
    People tend to think that if you believe in God you will have everything figured out and will be in bliss all the time.
    But that is so far from the truth, God will not spare his children from sufferings of the world just because we believe in him.

I don't necessarily live "FOR" God for he is self-sufficient and don't require human assistance.
    But I'm growing more in my relationship with him so that I may become a better reflection of his presence on earth.
    Lol I know that sounds too "HOLY" or "RELIGIOUS" but I guess that's what I am.

7. Immor

Immor Fapstronaut

Thanks for clarifying @KoalaDude, that makes even more sense.

I found something for myself by now. I am living for my people, which mostly means family and race.
    That is how I believe it has been before religion. People were sticking together, helping each other, because they were one of them, one of the tribe. And the tribe sticks together or dies apart. It just makes sense to me.

Also my people have gone through a lot and been punished enough for doing good.

Calm likes this.
  8. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

I'm starting to wonder if white people are self flagellating because they are a collection of different nationalities (some of which weren't considered white until the 50s, some of which don't even consider themselves white except when it's convenient) lumped together.

9. Immor

Immor Fapstronaut

Yes, I think so too. Whites mistakenly identify themselves with middle east people or more often jews or do their bidding and have a bad conscience because of it.
    But also they are taught from young age about evils white man committed. Not realizing how much in the history books is twisted, exaggerated, misrepresented, and so on. The saying "history is written by the victors" holds true.

Also there are many sub-races of the whites. Even within my country there are over five different lines/tribes, which can sometimes be guessed at just by looks. But the differences are negligible compared to the differences to blacks, asians, ...

10. CountryDude

CountryDude Fapstronaut

I am glad I don't live for dopamine anymore.

I live for my daughter.
    I live to get better.
    I live to liberate myself.

Saskia likes this.
  11. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear Fapstronaut

I used to live to be kind to others and be happy, then after some relatives died I used that to better myself. As if they could see me, not that I'm a believer in heaven or hell but more from a point of view that "if they could see me, I would be hurting them the way I lived"

I do live for myself, I do what I want and get what I want. You could say I'm pretty selfish, but not in a way that really offends others.

I realize that the best way to put it is that I live for creation, to create my own world and space around me.
    I have been procrastinating by writing a lot on the forum the past week, it is a 100 times better than watching movies or playing video games.

It's really exciting to change for the better, maybe this is what I live for.

Again that's all singulair

I do live for my brothers also, one is older than me the other younger. They are to me the most precious humans I know and I would be lying if I said that they don't back up my selfish reasoning.

"To help someone get out of the ditch, I must get out of the ditch" "To help you be strong, I must be strong"

I take the responsibility to be an example, to face whatever failure I need to encounter before succeeding the way most people imagine success.

I live for a greater version of myself.

I also live for the discovery, the possibilities and new things I can experience. I've done this with drugs in times I was at my lowest but the same principle can be used to explore new knowledge and doing new things. Experience different awarenesses without damaging your brain and body. Finding your own limits and push them a little further as you grow as a human being.

12. Spidey2Dope

Spidey2Dope Fapstronaut

I.........I don't know. Maybe just bettering myself as a person I guess. But truly I don't know what I live for. That's kinda sad lol. If I had children then I would say them but I guess myself, family and friends. Yeah now that I think about it I live for the people I care about in this world. That's my answer.

A potato person likes this.