1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Movies of All Time

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by anistemi, Jun 3, 2015.

1. anistemi

anistemi Guest

What are your favorite/best movies of all time?

My top 5:
    1. The Shawshank Redemption
    2. Interstellar
    3. It's a Wonderful Life
    4. The Godfather
    5. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Kenji likes this.
  2. skart

skart Guest

1)Fight Club!
    [​IMG]
    2)Whiplash
    [​IMG]

3. Kenji

Kenji Guest

I both love and hate this question. Why? Because it is so freaking general and the type of question that gets asked in a job orientation at a corporate retail chain.

I love it because it reminds me of great movies I have seen, and occasionally you get someone who thinks outside the box so to speak and introduces you to a maybe not so well known or indie movie that is awesome.

Whiplash was good, was not expecting the amount of swearing, like really was that necessary? I mean drill instructors during hell week don't swear as much as J.K. Simmons was, would have been better if they found a way to get the same effect without all that but anyways but it was pretty freaking motivational and I liked the ending, wow talk about tension.

Here are some lesser known movies I have known and loved, by no means are they a favorite, I will say a most recent favorite of mine was Mad Max: Fury Road as I have a man crush on Tom Hardy and a sweet tooth for the deranged and well produced.

1) Ink
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1071804/

2) Master of the Flying Guillotine
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072913/

3) The 36th Chamber of Shaolin
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078243/

4) Gentlemen Broncos (sweet spot for the deranged)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1161418/

5) The Guest (I have a mancrush on Dan Stevens, and this was campy as hell :D)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2980592/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
  4. Limeaid

Limeaid Guest

What's Eating Gilbert Grape
    Nacho Libre (pretty much any movie with Jack Black)
    ET
    Dead Man Walking
    Scarface
    Heat
    Leaving Las Vegas
    Being John Malkovich
    Adaptation
    Big Trouble In Little China

There are soooo many. Tough to choose! I mostly watch documentaries now.

5. anistemi

anistemi Guest

I also love Christopher Nolan films. (Even if they all blow your mind every time and have the same Hans Zimmer style of music)

Kenji likes this.
  6. monkotto

monkotto Fapstronaut

some favorite movies...there are many good movies...

reservoir dogs
    django unchained
    heat
    platoon
    lord of war
    blow

jdstobbie and Kenji like this.
  7. Kenji

Kenji Guest

My kind of man. *Brofist*

Caveat Emptor and monkotto like this.
  8. JustADude

JustADude Fapstronaut

• Braveheart
    • Zoolander
    • Original Starwars Trilogy
    • Running Man
    • Cacoon
    • Fried Green Tomatos
    • Logan's Run
    • Big Trouble in Little China
    • Lionheart
    • Karate Kid (the original)
    • Warriors
    • Iron Eagle
    • Footloose
    • White Water Summer
    • National Lampoon Christmas Vacation
    • The Great Outdoors
    • Trading Places
    I'll stop there... I only have a top 100. top 10s hate on too many movies, you gotta LOVE THEM ALL

Yeah, some of these are pretty silly. But, I love silly 80s movies.

Kenji likes this.
  9. Kenji

Kenji Guest

Silly 80's movies make me feel warm and fuzzy inside and forget about all my worries :)

10. Phibz

Phibz Fapstronaut

Nobody mentioned Jaws. I'm disappointed in you guys. It would be a toss up with Shawshank.

anistemi and Kenji like this.
  11. Kenji

Kenji Guest

Whoa, just had a flashback with all these 80's movies :D

[​IMG]

No one mentioned The Breakfast Club yet, so I'll add that.

anistemi likes this.
  12. JustADude

JustADude Fapstronaut

or ghostbusters, stripes, animal house. shame on all of us. robocop, predator, fletch, caddyshack, groundhogs day...

Kenji likes this.
  13. Kenji

Kenji Guest

Predators, the new one with Adrian Brody, badass.

I like to think of my gremlins (as in the Mark Queppet term) as Predators. Gremlins sounds too small for the beasts that disturb me.

While we're at it may as well add the Gremlins franchise to the list hahahaha.

SHAME ON EVERYONE, I also vote for the Star Wars franchise including the new one that is not out yet I already know I like it alot,

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2015
  14. Strongbow

Strongbow Fapstronaut

anistemi, I agree with you a lot. Shawshank Redemption is my all time favorite movie; and I also love It's a wonderful life and I cry every time; also I like Forrest Gump and Silver Lining's Playbook with Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence; have you seen this one: you should watch it; also as far as comedies go, I like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and Home Alone 1 and 2, and A Christmas Story.

Kenji likes this.
  15. Kenji

Kenji Guest

Peaceful Warrior, I think I liked the book better :) Movie was still one of my fav's,

Come on bros start posting scenes to bring back tasty memories and spice this clichéd thread up :cool:,

Alot of mention of Shawshank, a redemptive tale for sure bros, golden it was yes indeed fellow fapstronauts,

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2015
  16. thegreatman

thegreatman Fapstronaut

I like Inception , Shutter Island , Predestination , Edge of Tomorrow , Source Code ,Schindler's List, I Origins , Her . Forrest Gump and many others.

Kenji likes this.
  17. Kenji

Kenji Guest

Interesting, most of those movies deal with parallel realities and death & rebirth. Quite the interests you have :)

Bahaha this scene cracks me up,

thegreatman likes this.
  18. Limeaid

Limeaid Guest

@MrMomandAddicted I cannot believe you said White Water Summer!! You may be the only other human I have encountered that even knows what that movie is! Anyway thanks for the reminder, totally gonna download it and watch it next weekend.

Kenji likes this.
  19. Kenji

Kenji Guest

I use to love that movie.

How about Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind
    [​IMG]
    and heck while we are at it and on the number 3, every single Spielberg movie ever made and that will be made in the future, also use to love the 3 Ninjas franchise,

Limeaid likes this.
  20. Gilbert

Gilbert Fapstronaut

1) Shawshank Redemption

Then in no particular order - Chicken Run, Interstellar, Freedom Writers, most Pixar films, some classic Disney (Oliver in Company is fab), Changeling, errmm...

There's deffo more but idk atm