1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Excellent brother. Keep going, you´re doing great!!!!

uruk.gif

2. RiseToGreatness

Rivendell greets your arrival brother :). Congratulations!!! You´re an Elf now!! Keep going!!!!

day 30 - rivendell.jpg
    rivendell.gif
    legolas 3.gif

3. RiseToGreatness

excellent brother. that exercise is made to deal with hard feelings, i never thought on aplying it to the urges itself :D, but if it works, great!!!

I´ll add that to my tips ;). Thanks!!!

4. RiseToGreatness

Yes, headaches are normal while the brain is rewiring. in fact when i was in full PMO life, i had headaches all the time, not they almost completely vanished ;)

Keep going brother!!! You entered the Misty Mountains

dia 35 - misty mountains 2.jpg

5. RiseToGreatness

You have to make it difficult to acess eletronic devices. The problem with the blockers is that they can be overrun if the urges becomes very strong, an addict in desperation usually finds a way to surpass the blockers.

The ideal is to create an environment where you can´t acess eletronic devices at ease. identify all the situations that cause you hesitation and create a physical barrier for them.

example: let´s say you usually collapse at night when alone in the room. so don´t take the mobile to the room, shut it down, and put in a place where you it´s really difficult for you to get it. that way, even if at night an urge appears, it will be so difficult for you to acess the phone, that you immediately lose hope and go to sleep ;). Don´t trust yourself in this period brother, make the task of pmo really hard. also daily engage in good habits and the reboot mental training ;)

Let´s go my brother. I believe in you.

6. RiseToGreatness

Awesome brother. Keep going brave Uruk-Hai!!!

1.jpg

7. RiseToGreatness

excellent my brother. You´re out of Mordor, now it´s time to escape from Isengard. Keep going!!!

[​IMG]

Swazzy 1 and Deleted Account like this.
  8. RiseToGreatness

100 days my brothers. Yes we can.

The polls are now closed and the definite thread title will remain the same, in a victory by 3 votes: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge". Thanks for everyone who participate :)

Here´s some wisdom from another universe. Have a great day dear Fellowship!!! ;)

485bzMe.jpg

9. Relapsed a few times over the weekend. So back to Day 1. My willpower has been nonexistent. When I get urges, I give in way too easily. I need to find a way to boost myself back up and truly get motivated. I always start out strong but end up failing right around the 2 week mark. That seems to be the toughest week for me. Need to figure out a new plan or something. I cannot keep failing and living like this.

10. PerseveranceToday

PerseveranceToday Fapstronaut

Here! A letter from the late afternoon of day 8!

Urges today were quite bad, but better than yesterday. Art and meditation are really helping. I noticed myself falling back into old thought patterns during one of my meditations, so I need to remember to stay constantly aware of what's going on in my head - especially as I approach today's "danger zone" (as I like to call it, when I'm most liable to relapse between 5pm and 5am). Even now I feel an urge in the back of my mind, which I will deal with accordingly: I feel like doing some drawing. I will not stop here!

11. G0ReadAB00k

G0ReadAB00k Fapstronaut

3 Days strong today. Ready to conquer Day 4!

12. AlphaAlone

AlphaAlone Fapstronaut

13. FellowCompanion

FellowCompanion Fapstronaut

14. PerseveranceToday

PerseveranceToday Fapstronaut

GOD. FUCKING. DAMN IT.

I was in a vulnerable state and instead of going through with my usual protocol I decided to look up NoFap stuff. Man what a fucking mistake that was. We have to remember that a pretty large subsection of people who use NoFap view it as more of a challenge and don't see themselves as addicted. These same people post triggering shit all over their content. Normally it wouldn't have gotten to me much but I was already in a weakened state and I saw it as an excuse to relapse. That's bullshit and I knew it at the time but I didn't care. Why the fuck didn't I care? This was my best streak in months, on track to be my best streak all year in a matter of days, and I fucking blew it. Not to mention I've got a big event coming up in a few days I was hoping I could have a good streak going for for the sake of my confidence. Now it's all blown away.

Day 0.

15. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Checking in day 40 done. All is well. Working on my goals. Gaining some insight into myself and my relationships. Have a great day brothers!:)

16. dineshwetwo

dineshwetwo Fapstronaut

17. Mathman1994

Mathman1994 Fapstronaut

Day 21

Made it through all of my temptations yesterday, and I am moving onward out from Bree.

Best,
    Mathman1994

18. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

19. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Hi Rise to Greatness,

Day 16 No MO
    Day 50 No P

Have I earned the title of Hobbit and the right to set off on the quest?

[​IMG]