1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Aléxandros

Aléxandros Fapstronaut

I want to get into this challenge! Count me in! My streak is of 233 days!

2. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

sorry to hear bro. that´s one of the relapse lessons that costs the most, the: "instead of going through with my usual protocol I decided...".

but see it like this, the relapse helped you raise your awareness on the importance of following your protocol :). it´s your system that keeps you safe, not willpower. the brain is hijacked by pmo, so we cannot rely on it to save us in a time of need.

learn bro, and carry on. We´re with you!!

Ciceron, Swazzy 1, Julito and 5 others like this.
  3. RiseToGreatness

excellent brother. You´re going throught the pass of Caradhras, beware, for PMO is strong here.

dia 40 - pass of caradhras (2).gif

dia 40 - pass of caradhras.gif

4. RiseToGreatness

excellent brother. After weeks of fighting you become a Hobbit :). Congratulations!! Here´s some Old Toby ;)

merry 2.gif

Now make haste, there´s a ring to destroy ;). Good luck!!!

frodo.jpg

5. RiseToGreatness

Indeed my brother :). Congratulations, finally you took off the ring ;). You´re a Hobbit now.

frodo 2.gif

Now it´s time to embark on a quest to destroy the PMO ring. Hope to see you climb that Mountain ;). Good luck!!!

day 15 - hobbiton.jpg

6. RiseToGreatness

And the ringwraiths were left behind ;). Excellent brother, keep going!!!!

dia 27 - perseguição (2).gif

dia 28 - ford of bruinen (2).gif

7. RiseToGreatness

Welcome to Middle Earth brother :). Let´s do this!!!!

fim 1.gif

queda.gif

8. RiseToGreatness

Wonderful my brother :). I really thought you collapse and stray away from the challenge. Good to hear that you´re ok and going. Excellent!!!!! :)

Moria is before you, enter at will master Dwarf.

day 50 - moria - dwarf.jpg

Beware in the Dephts of the World, PMO is very strong here.

dia 56 - bridge of khazad-dûm 3 (2).gif

9. RiseToGreatness

Elrond greets your arrival brother :). You´re one of his kind now. Congratulations!!! :)

elf 2.jpg

Have a good stay in Rivendell brother. Gather your strenghts, tomorrow your journey continues ;)

[​IMG]

10. RiseToGreatness

You´re stepping in the bridge of Khazad-dûm brother. Beware, for PMO is going at you with full force!!!!

dia 56 - bridge of khazad-dûm 3.gif

11. RiseToGreatness

Amazing brother!!! :emoji_clap::emoji_clap::emoji_clap:

And welcome to the Fellowship :)

fellowship.gif

12. RiseToGreatness

Still in my way towards Ithilien brothers ;)

Let´s welcome the new members of the Fellowship:

@L Lawlite
    @ilcec

Stay strong and focus my brothers. Abide in your system, don´t trust yourselfs when you feel like "easing a little bit",it´s the addiction talking!!

Here´s our brother Soaring Eagle with an important reflection. Have a great day :)

"Having started to reboot, sexual fantization is an issue that everyone would normally run into. Many people are able to abstain from masturbation, but sexual fantization is like a loosened wild horse, repeating itself every couple minutes. In TCM: the moving of the mind is followed by the walking away from the essence. Sexual fantization belongs to the invisible form of exhausting the Spirit, it is also very damaging to the body, therefore one must overcome it. If your head is filled with fantization but always withholding masturbation, this will also easily give rise to problems. To overcome sexual fantization, one must deeply recognize what it is, sexual fantization is a thought, a thought of evil debauchery. This thought is a thing and that thing is “fire”!

With this knowledge in place, everybody’s understanding will increase a step. Below, let’s again consider a question: under what situations is fire easily extinguished? Everyone with a bit of common knowledge would know, fire, in the beginning, is easiest to put out, not requiring big efforts to do so. Otherwise, when the sparks have become big embers, then there is no way to control it, chairman Mao used to say: sparks becomes fire, able to alight prairie. Once the fire is greatly developed, you are no longer in control, but from the very beginning, you still have full control. Our sexual fantization follows the same principle when the thought first arises, we discard it right away, this is called “arisen thought is promptly cut off”, strangle the fire in its cradle while it’s still undeveloped. Otherwise, by letting it develop the final result is to be burning with desire, leading to the extreme likelihood of breaking the reboot. Therefore, there are tricks to overcome sexual fantization, the trick lies in the timing, when the fantization first appears, cut it out immediately, or else it will “flourish as it burns”. Put the thought out while it’s still a spark, do not hesitate, do not compromise, don’t miss this golden timing at all cost, remember!

Rhyme for stopping sexual fantization: Thought arises, cut out. Thought arise, follow not. Thought arise, be aware. Once aware, it is naught. When everyone has memorized this rhyme then a conditional reflex can be formed, whenever a fantasy arises it is automatically discarded. Naturally, the condition is to be able to memorize it inside and out by constantly repeating it, let it sink into the subconscious, in this way the conditional reflex for discarding sexual fantasies can be formed. We need to uphold a high level of vigilance and sensitivity, we cannot afford to wait until the fantasy has been developed and then try to cut it off, it will be extremely difficult to control it in such a state. The problem is not with the initial formation of the thought but in the late awareness of it.

Below I will introduce two kinds of Buddhist heart cultivation methods
    The first method was instructed by Master Empty Cloud, it is to not pay attention to unwanted thoughts. When the thought comes, do not mind it, this is the same as not following the thought we have discussed earlier, do not follow the unwarranted thought, by following it we are strengthening it, not following is the same as severing it! Many brothers have been following vile thoughts for a long time, this is when they suddenly discover that they are fantasizing sexual thoughts, it is already too late at this stage, the vile thought has already taken shape like when a small spark has become a big ember, we no longer hold the initiative when trying to sever the thought at this time, the optimal timing has been missed.

The other method is called diverting thought. When the sexual fantasy appears, immediately transform it into a Buddha’s name, it does not, of course, have to be limited to sexual fantasies but may also include thoughts of the foolish, greedy and angry orientation. Once it appears, transform it into a Buddha’s name, a phrase of “Amituofo” (Translator’s note: “Amituofo” is simply the name of the Amitabha Buddha’s name in Chinese) will transform it, this is a very good method and I use it quite a lot. As a person of Buddhist beliefs, this method works very well for me, those brothers with a natural disposition towards Buddhism may try this method."

13. Cucurbito

Cucurbito Fapstronaut

14. Aléxandros

Aléxandros Fapstronaut

Thanks! When will I get my trophy under my name?

15. jaybelgium

jaybelgium Fapstronaut

16. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Nope, not this time! On through Moria!

17. I am a servant of the secret fire! You shall not pass, flame of Udun!

18. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

19. AlphaAlone

AlphaAlone Fapstronaut

20. Elite_Warrior

Elite_Warrior Fapstronaut

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020