1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold Showers After Workout Cheating?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by DETWK, Jun 25, 2020.

1. DETWK

DETWK Fapstronaut

Hey y'all, first time posting here so I apologize ahead of time if this has been asked before. But, I'm just curious what y'all think about taking cold showers right after a workout when your body temp is still up. Does that defeat the purpose of the cold shower? Are you still receiving any of the same benefits as those who take them when their body temp is normal? I'd love to know your thoughts.

2. Coolbreeze

Coolbreeze Fapstronaut

Doesn't matter when you do the cold shower man, just enjoy it :)

I am a WimHof Method expert and take ice baths about 2 times a week and they are lovely!

I am actually about to take on right now, great mood boost!

Its also great to do after workout because it reduces muscle imflamation and thus risk for injury

DETWK likes this.
  3. DETWK

DETWK Fapstronaut

Oh yeah the guys at my gym talk about taking ice baths. They'll start in the summer to adjust to them while it's still warm out then continue on through the winter months. I haven't tried one yet, personally, but definitely need to try it out soon. I've heard from too many people it's a must, lol. Thanks for your reply brother.

4. daizu

daizu Fapstronaut

My gains are pretty good even after I shower with cold water with my body temp up. I don’t think it’s a problem at all :) I usually wait 15 minutes though while I take my protein shake and 6 almonds

5. DETWK

DETWK Fapstronaut

I hear you. Appreciate your reply bro :)

6. Coolbreeze

Coolbreeze Fapstronaut

To be honest you can start slow by doing cold shower for 30 seconds and then just expanding the timeframe. I literally put a ton of icecubes in the ice baths and its as cold as can be and my body warms it up to acceptable temperature after 10min in icebath haha. 10 minute sounds like a lot but the first 1 minute is difficult and then your body gets used to it, thats the best moment.

7. Suki

Suki Fapstronaut

I also practice cold showers every day for quite some time and can confirm that this is great. After workout, it relieves sore muscles and gives you energy boost when you are tired. It also improves all your overall health and has many other benefits.

8. DETWK

DETWK Fapstronaut

Yeah for sure! I heard it's better for your skin and hair than warm showers as well because warm showers dry them out too much and progress aging and hair loss.

Suki likes this.
  9. DETWK

DETWK Fapstronaut

Have you tried doing them outdoors? My BJJ instructor was telling me it's better that way but I don't remember why that is.

10. Suki

Suki Fapstronaut

Yes, you can read many information about the positive effects on the internet. What you usually cannot read is that it also helps to deal with urges (at least it helped me several times) I used it as an emergency.

Timecop likes this.
  11. Cold showers after exercise are great because you are hot and sweaty and taking a cold shower is going to cool you down almost instantly.

DETWK likes this.
  12. DETWK

DETWK Fapstronaut

Yes, I agree completely, cold showers work well to combat urges because it puts your body in an uncomfortable position and shifts your focus quickly.

Timecop likes this.
  13. Clean4Life

Clean4Life Fapstronaut

I've taken up cold showers upon starting my streak, very refreshing after exercise. I think physically the benefits would be the same but when it comes to the discipline aspect some of that is lost because it is hardly difficult compared to my morning cold shower for example, where my body temperature is normal and getting in that shower is a real challenge.

14. Timecop

Timecop Fapstronaut

''A cold shower has also been shown to increase circulation, which means it can help flush out the lactic acid that builds up in muscles. Additionally, the cooler water aids in limiting inflammation, meaning less soreness for you.''

Definitively good after a workout. You'll wake up the next day less stiff.