1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and older accountability, Group 2

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by persona2903, Nov 13, 2019.

1. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I’m feeling that today. So physically horny and tempted. I know if I wait it will get better.

persona2903 likes this.
  2. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

This is how you say, you have to wait and hold on. It helped me a lot to have other things to do, good achievable goals to dedicate our time and effort to.

ANewFocus likes this.
  3. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Played online games with friends. Decided to do peloton after and that took away some of that restless energy.

4. Barakah

Barakah Fapstronaut

Relapsed today and yesterday. Was so angry after yesterday's relapse, even though consciously I knew it wouldn't help

Next week I'll have more free time so I'll try to spend more time meditating, and doing the 12 steps. I'm also spending time trying to understand more my fears, my resentments in order to find solutions to that. I just take my computer, open a Word file, and write how I feel about it and what's the cause. It's been really helpful so far

ANewFocus likes this.
  5. JJones

JJones Fapstronaut

I have had a reset.

persona2903 and ANewFocus like this.
  6. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Keep doing that hard work. It will help you understands the emotions and experiences that trigger you and meditation and self awareness can help you overcome those triggering moments.

I almost gave in today. I was whiteknuckling and feeling the physical urges today so strong. This is the first time in a long time I have felt urges and not just give in immediately. I don’t have to give in and I will be okay. In fact I will be better. I have one week and it wasn’t easy.

7. Barakah

Barakah Fapstronaut

Congratulations man. That's a great success to be able to not give in to a strong temptation. It's great to hear that

Yes it helped me identify the triggers. Day 1 today. But I know I'm making progress. This work about fears and resentments helps me to know myself better and to improve myself.
    Also, my sponsor gave me some really good insights today about forgiveness

8. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I have 8 days and it feels good. My wife initiated intimacy today and I could actually enjoy it with her because I hadn’t already gotten myself off. I have to beware of the chaser effect now.

tonyk1982, persona2903 and Barakah like this.
  9. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Well done! Activities with friends always work!

ANewFocus likes this.
  10. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

How are you doing today? I wish you strength to continue!

11. ADHDf

ADHDf Fapstronaut

"I have read the rules and would like to join this group"
    I really cannot seem to get off the ground without support.
    Cheers

ANewFocus likes this.
  12. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

In a very short time we will have a vacancy and we will incorporate you. Meanwhile you can write in this group, you are very welcome!

13. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

@ADHDf I said it was going to be in a very short time ... and that's it! You are in the group! Welcome! It would be nice if you make us a post introducing yourself.

ANewFocus likes this.
  14. dasher

dasher Fapstronaut

I failed last week. I am back at it with more motivation

persona2903 and ANewFocus like this.
  15. Barakah

Barakah Fapstronaut

Hey
    I relapsed today this morning. Basically I woke up too early, couldn't sleep and felt tempted. Hope you guys are doing great

persona2903 likes this.
  16. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I’m hanging in there. Hard to stay focused on recovery but trying my best. This is what I want. I want to be healthy mentally and physically and spiritually. I really want to have a deeper connection with my wife.

persona2903 and Barakah like this.
  17. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Still moving forward with PMO. It is good to not be giving in to this.

Barakah and persona2903 like this.
  18. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Weekend is here! May we enjoy these days, cultivate good relationships and regain strength. And that no imbalance makes us fall! Blessings!

ANewFocus and Barakah like this.
  19. Thank you bro - receive that blessing :) Where abouts are you ?

20. my feeling of loneliness, sense of lack and unhappiness is directly proportion to how much I wish and fatnasize what i dont have and feel upset for not having it. If i give up the craving and fantasy of what i don't have and accept the present moment as what i really love and want suffering diminishes and joy arises.

persona2903, ANewFocus and Barakah like this.